49ers WR Deebo Samuel requests trade

RaidersAreOne

9 minutes ago, P_locniners said:

If the Niners just took #10 for Deebo, that would be unforgivable in my eyes. I don’t think they are dumb enough to do that.

The value is fine I'm a vacuum, but I think that's a terrible spot unless you're moving up for like KT or something. Like 10 is roooooough without some luck

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Forge said:

All this talk about role or location....It's almost surely about the money....Particularly the guaranteed money. I feel like you can give him a heavy three year guarantee and he will give you very good production. After that? It gets a more iffy but for this second deal we don't need to worry about what happens in 4 or 5 years from now.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

All this talk about role or location....It's almost surely about the money....Particularly the guaranteed money. I feel like you can give him a heavy three year guarantee and he will give you very good production. After that? It gets a more iffy but for this second deal we don't need to worry about what happens in 4 or 5 years from now.

I would be down for a stout 3 year deal with lots of guarantees, I would imagine that it works out good for both parties.  It lets Deebo hunt another contract in his prime and it keeps him a 9er.

16 hours ago, clarkfn2284 said:

40% and 26% were the number for Frank Gore in both of his contract years as a Niner. If we wanted to stretch and say the 40% year is comparable, elaborate on how it is. Did he lead the team at multiple offensive positions? Was the contract year during a time that we saw the market for his position explode? In fact was this ever the case for him in any season? The answer is no. This negotiation is unique due to the mitigating circumstances from the individual, the most recent season, the market value, the way the league has changed and become a player friendly league ala the NBA etc. It's not even close to comparable and to place an expectation onto a player on how THEY should negotiate THEIR money at THEIR job for THEIR career is weird. Especially in a time where players are far more visible and far more willing to open themselves to fans. You are claiming the negotiations are comparable when we cant even say the era is the comparable.

Being a parent and long time teacher, I do have expectations on how people should conduct themselves in public. Deebo isn't handling it like an adult should. That's my opinion: It's obvious you do not agree with it. That is fine. Don't expect our opinions to be the same and we will get along.

I see a comparable number in your post: Gore was 40% of our O one year, correct? I believe Deebo was about 46% of our O last year? So, therefore they are comparable. You're asking for exactly the same--that is not what comparable means. If they are somewhat alike in situation, it is comparable. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Chrissooner49er said:

Being a parent and long time teacher, I do have expectations on how people should conduct themselves in public. Deebo isn't handling it like an adult should. That's my opinion: It's obvious you do not agree with it. That is fine. Don't expect our opinions to be the same and we will get along.

I see a comparable number in your post: Gore was 40% of our O one year, correct? I believe Deebo was about 46% of our O last year? So, therefore they are comparable. You're asking for exactly the same--that is not what comparable means. If they are somewhat alike in situation, it is comparable. 

A comparison requires comps. We have have a single comp, that isn't really close to begin with. Especially when you look at the amount of offense in that year. The reality is that Deebo hasn't done anything in "public" that is wrong. He is negotiating a contract and people in his camp and the 49ers camp have used the media to make it a public thing. We are just watching it play out without any real knowledge of what is actually going on. Your expectation you set that you are holding Deebo to is unfair considering you dont even have the true details. Nothing he has said on Twitter has been negative, nothing he has done on video has been negative. Its extremely weird that you are taking a business matter and making it a personal matter when as fans, we are on lookers with limited truth to go off of. Simply put, never make business personal.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, clarkfn2284 said:

A comparison requires comps. We have have a single comp, that isn't really close to begin with. Especially when you look at the amount of offense in that year. The reality is that Deebo hasn't done anything in "public" that is wrong. He is negotiating a contract and people in his camp and the 49ers camp have used the media to make it a public thing. We are just watching it play out without any real knowledge of what is actually going on. Your expectation you set that you are holding Deebo to is unfair considering you dont even have the true details. Nothing he has said on Twitter has been negative, nothing he has done on video has been negative. Its extremely weird that you are taking a business matter and making it a personal matter when as fans, we are on lookers with limited truth to go off of. Simply put, never make business personal.

You can’t say this then also speculate that the team offended him with an offer or lack there of. Pretty sure you’ve said that, if not, my apologies, but I’ve seen it plenty on here in defense of Deebo. In fact I agree with that possibility as well. 

I think what it comes down to is some of us believe no one should know a thing about this, from either side. It should not be on social media. There shouldn’t be conversations about trade requests. It should be in house. And that goes for the organization and players. 

You mentioned at one point your negotiations at work. We all come from our own perspectives and i respect that. For me, I have had negotiations on my own pay multiple times.  I also have roughly 500 employees that work for me as well as a number of vendors that I negotiate with. I sit with employees and vendors routinely about pay or other compensation factors. The expectation is it is always private and the minute it gets back to me that someone is publicly complaining or trying to bring others along with them in their dissatisfaction, things move south in a hurry. And that’s what I think Deebo’s doing, which is counter productive in my opinion. And in my opinion, it does divide those around him. 

Anyway, I hope Deebo ends up staying, but a week ago when I talk about him being my favorite player and all that, I don’t think I’ll look at him the same. I’m a team first, keep your head down and grind, it’s not about the personal glamour etc type of guy. I thought Deebo was that guy, but from my perspective at this point, he’s not exactly who I thought he was. Not losing any sleep over it, just don’t think he’s worth what I thought he was 2 weeks ago. 

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Forge said:

Narrator: Deebo to the Jets was in fact, dead 

This actually ties directly to what Kawakami has been saying....But overall I agree, I don't see a trade happening.

BUT, I fully agree with the Niners having this plan. I even said there is a trade to happen, it should not happen before Thursday. 

38 minutes ago, clarkfn2284 said:

And what exactly is a 'comp' if it is not a 'comparison'? And that is exactly what this is. If you do not agree, I get it. However, being similar makes a valid comparison and does not have to be exactly the same. I think I have said that 3 times now? Nothing is the exact same, by the way. 

And I so agree with all that @straighthate said above. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

This actually ties directly to what Kawakami has been saying....But overall I agree, I don't see a trade happening.

BUT, I fully agree with the Niners having this plan. I even said there is a trade to happen, it should not happen before Thursday. 

I’m just curious who it could possibly be? It can’t be a receiver because I would assume the trade would have happened. Could it be one of the tackles or Hamilton? I can’t see them getting another pass rusher. 

16 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

This might not even involve the 10th pick…..49 ers may very well want the second round package giving time for a physical and extension for Deebo.