49ers WR Deebo Samuel requests trade

RaidersAreOne

2 hours ago, straighthate said:

You can’t say this then also speculate that the team offended him with an offer or lack there of. Pretty sure you’ve said that, if not, my apologies, but I’ve seen it plenty on here in defense of Deebo. In fact I agree with that possibility as well. 

I think what it comes down to is some of us believe no one should know a thing about this, from either side. It should not be on social media. There shouldn’t be conversations about trade requests. It should be in house. And that goes for the organization and players. 

You mentioned at one point your negotiations at work. We all come from our own perspectives and i respect that. For me, I have had negotiations on my own pay multiple times.  I also have roughly 500 employees that work for me as well as a number of vendors that I negotiate with. I sit with employees and vendors routinely about pay or other compensation factors. The expectation is it is always private and the minute it gets back to me that someone is publicly complaining or trying to bring others along with them in their dissatisfaction, things move south in a hurry. And that’s what I think Deebo’s doing, which is counter productive in my opinion. And in my opinion, it does divide those around him. 

Anyway, I hope Deebo ends up staying, but a week ago when I talk about him being my favorite player and all that, I don’t think I’ll look at him the same. I’m a team first, keep your head down and grind, it’s not about the personal glamour etc type of guy. I thought Deebo was that guy, but from my perspective at this point, he’s not exactly who I thought he was. Not losing any sleep over it, just don’t think he’s worth what I thought he was 2 weeks ago. 

No what I mean by my statement is that passing any sort of judgement on either for either perspective isnt warranted due to the fact that we have nor clue what is the root issue here. Pontificate all you want, but dont use that to then judge character of either party when we arent involved. It's completely unfair to label Deebo as a child or state he isn't acting like an adult should because you dont approve of the way he is negotiating. The reality is that all that has happened that we know of is that he requested a trade. Media ran with it since and Deebo has actually come out and stated that nobody really knows what is happening. Requesting a trade isnt a childish thing to do, yet because he has requested one, he is labeled a child or not an adult. Its business, Im sure you understand this. It would be no different than one of your employees choosing to go elsewhere if he/she wasnt satisfied with their pay scale. 

Athletes live in a different World when it comes to contracts and negotiations. The very CBA of the league they play in gets publicized when in negotiations. There isn't a realm in pro sports where an impasse occurs during negotiations that doesn't get publicized in some fashion. Its an unrealistic expectation to place on the team, the agent and the player. 

1 hour ago, adamq said:

That's me exactly.. whether it's fair or not I've lost a lot of respect for him during this process. Sure it's business & not supposed to be personal, but the 49ers are very personal to me, and I hate the way he has handled this. People can blame the leaks on his brother or agent or whatever, but ultimately it starts and ends with Deebo

What is your opinion on the 49ers continuously low balling their players and never giving more than I think the number is 30 million guaranteed to a player? What cross does the team bear in this? They exist in a market where players continue to get more and more guaranteed money with each contract and they continue to not adjust to it. When that is the case a player at some point will make this choice. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gridirongorilla said:

How does the offense change if Deebo is no longer on the team?

I think it goes back to what it was prior to Deebo taking on the role he did last season. They focus on the run game, utilize the PA, move Lance out of the pocket some and feed Aiyuk and Kittle. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, clarkfn2284 said:

What is your opinion on the 49ers continuously low balling their players and never giving more than I think the number is 30 million guaranteed to a player? What cross does the team bear in this? They exist in a market where players continue to get more and more guaranteed money with each contract and they continue to not adjust to it. When that is the case a player at some point will make this choice. 

Honestly with the way we structure contracts the only way you get cut is if you are healthy and not playing well. We give a ton of injury guarantee's and things like that with an longer guarantee kicking in a few days after the league year starts. We don't give a big no matter what guarantee but just looking at situations like with Ford or Jimmy tells you all you need to know about how our big contracts are actually structured.

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

Fireable offense if we can't get a premium pick in this draft. 

In that scenario there is no doubt that the team would get 35 or 38. They'd have to. Or it would have to be like Elijah Moore coming back. Something like 35 / 69 / next years first I wouldn't get upset about. Don't care about #10 this year. 

• Like 2

Just now, Forge said:

In that scenario there is no doubt that the team would get 35 or 38. They'd have to. Or it would have to be like Elijah Moore coming back. Something like 35 / 69 / next years first I wouldn't get upset about. Don't care about #10 this year. 

I think almost any deal with high Day 2 picks at the core would be my preference over just straight 10 or 10+a little sweetener.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, clarkfn2284 said:

I feel like that's just a part of negotiating, one side low balls and the other asks for too much.. and if the reports are true that no official offer has been made, then there are a lot of conversations and back/forths to be had before it should escalate to such an extreme as Deebos camp saying that he refuses to play in SF any more.

Maybe Deebo is actually strapped for cash, wants a deal now, and isn't willing to wait or negotiate like Kittle did. If that's the case I can't really blame him. Again I am being completely emotional about this. If he comes back with a new deal and is all-in on whats being built here than OK.. but if he's never gonna be happy in SF I want to trade him now. The value will never be higher

6 minutes ago, Forge said:

I took his tweet as the Niners aren't getting anything in 2022.

11 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Fireable offense if we can't get a premium pick in this draft. 

2023 1st plus 35 and another '22 pick or two would make me very happy

And I don't see why NY would include Moore.. If they get Deebo it's to give Wilson all the tools possible to succeed. Maybe they'd send Davis though, as I doubt he'd be happy as the 3rd/4th option

Edited by adamq

1 minute ago, adamq said:

2023 1st plus 35 and another '22 pick or two would make me very happy

'22 35 & 38 and '23 FRP. Make it happen, then root for the Jets to bomb! I remember someone saying we wanted two FRPs, and that'd cover it from a value perspective. I have my doubts that we get that though. 

• Like 2