49ers WR Deebo Samuel requests trade

RaidersAreOne

45 minutes ago, Forge said:

Pretty sure that's not a real thing. I think that they are just commenting on a previous statement by Rap to guestimate what the return would be. Rap  said that the previous two receiver trades were made at a price point of around the 13th pick overall. Green Bay got 1150 points from the first and second rounder they received which is the 13th pick on the trade value chart. KC got 29 (640) + 50 (400) + I think  121 (52). Total there is 1092, plus they got 4th and 6th round picks next year which would be roughly equivalent to another 55 points, so 1047, right in line with #13. The Jets offered slightly more than that - #35 (550) + #38 (520) + 69 - 103 (157) for a total of 1227 which is between the 11th and 12th picks. 

I think the Niners want more than that

I know, he put it in his tweet that this is unsourced but just trying to piece what Rap reported.

I'm saying, if we got THAT Lions offer and they added either a 2023 2nd or 2022 3rd rounder, would you guys take it? 

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I know, he put it in his tweet that this is unsourced but just trying to piece what Rap reported.

I'm saying, if we got THAT Lions offer and they added either a 2023 2nd or 2022 3rd rounder, would you guys take it? 

Absolutely i would …..especially if it was a 2023 2nd rounder. 

• Like 1

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

My basic opinion on the matter is basically if we trade him, the front office and shanny thought the situation was irrevocably broken and it was never going to get back and that's why they traded him. In that situation I prefer both of those offers to just grabbing pick 10 or something and I would take them without issue. They are fair offers. 

So if that happened, I assume that we couldn't save the relationship and decided to move on which is fine. 

But again, I don't expect him to get moved. I was 95% he's staying, now up to 97.3872% he's staying. 

8 minutes ago, Forge said:

My basic opinion on the matter is basically if we trade him, the front office and shanny thought the situation was irrevocably broken and it was never going to get back and that's why they traded him. In that situation I prefer both of those offers to just grabbing pick 10 or something and I would take them without issue. They are fair offers. 

So if that happened, I assume that we couldn't save the relationship and decided to move on which is fine. 

But again, I don't expect him to get moved. I was 95% he's staying, now up to 97.3872% he's staying. 

That’s crazy because im 97.3873% sure he is staying.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, 9erFreak77 said:

That’s crazy because im 97.3873% sure he is staying.

@Forge percentages are something you can set your clock by. I'm fairly certain he was right at least once last offseason in regards to drafting Trey. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Forge said:

Don't buy it.

But I'll say it again too.. don't love getting only 10 for him if that's what happens. I'd be somewhat annoyed by it lol

If the Niners just took #10 for Deebo, that would be unforgivable in my eyes. I don’t think they are dumb enough to do that.

• Like 1

I just don't really see any solution other than trading Deebo at this point. I don't like the idea of paying 25 mil per year for a player that doesn't want to be here. We have a roster that can compete now, we can't afford to not replace his production ASAP. If we can get 10 and 38 from the Jets, I think we should make that move. I loved Deebo, he was one of my favorite players but at this point I just have a hard time imaging him coming back and putting his heart on the line for us. 

6 minutes ago, 49to5er said:

I just don't really see any solution other than trading Deebo at this point. I don't like the idea of paying 25 mil per year for a player that doesn't want to be here. We have a roster that can compete now, we can't afford to not replace his production ASAP. If we can get 10 and 38 from the Jets, I think we should make that move. I loved Deebo, he was one of my favorite players but at this point I just have a hard time imaging him coming back and putting his heart on the line for us. 

I think he doesn't care about playing in SF. Think it's entirely about the money

• Like 2