49ers WR Deebo Samuel requests trade

RaidersAreOne

9 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

So it seems like the Jets are bidding against themselves at this point? I guess if they badly want him, they will make sure it gets done but if they want to play hard ball, then it's not going to happen.

At this point, I have no idea what is going to happen. Still hope we can make it work with Deebo and give him what he wants by training camp. 

Kind of, I think it is understood that we don't want to really trade him so its about making an attractive enough package that we are ok with letting him go. Not necessarily an auction type situation.

So this is why when people praise Paraag for the way he sets up the contracts and negotiates...I said there are certainly pluses with that but it's not exactly the best thing as he rubs agents and players the wrong way. What we are seeing with Deebo was going to eventually happen with one of star players. Every team plays hardball but looks like he just takes it to a different level and that triggered Deebo into wanting out. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

So this is why when people praise Paraag for the way he sets up the contracts and negotiates...I said there are certainly pluses with that but it's not exactly the best thing as he rubs agents and players the wrong way. What we are seeing with Deebo was going to eventually happen with one of star players. Every team plays hardball but looks like he just takes it to a different level and that triggered Deebo into wanting out. 

Doesn't seem to be any different than Gore's experience. He handled it quite well. Like an adult, even. 

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

If this is truly the case, then i'd put it more on Deebo. He's the only one who's reacted this way so it says more about him than anyone else

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Chrissooner49er said:

Doesn't seem to be any different than Gore's experience. He handled it quite well. Like an adult, even. 

He handled it the way he did, and Deebo is handling it the way he is. Not every player is the same. Some take disrespect differently. Marathe gets mentioned by many players and agents around the league for being this type of negotiator and eventually you build up a certain reputation. So whatever he told Deebo's agent, here we are with a mess on hand....And it is not him that will need to clean it up..........

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 49ersfan said:

If this is truly the case, then i'd put it more on Deebo. He's the only one who's reacted this way so it says more about him than anyone else

I'm sticking to the issue being his agent, he likely promised Deebo a deal right away, didn't happen, now both are pissed, but Deebo is pissed at wrong person, should be pissed at his agent, not the 49ers.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, 49to5er said:

Seeing Jets fan saying that Elijah Moore in untouchable. I like him and would love to have him but putting his value at untouchable seems to be a bit hyperbolic to me. 

It kind of makes sense in this situation specifically I would argue. Dumping Moore just to acquire Deebo seems a bit counter productive to your overall net gain. 

1 minute ago, 49ersfan said:

See my post below. Comparing how others react is not relevant here. THIS is a legitimate reputation that Marathe has around the league. Again, eventually it was going to come to bite us as someone was going to get ticked off. There is no point to lowball on initial offers as he usually does. He did it with Kittle and got away with it so he thought he could do it here and unfortunately for the team, the reaction was much different. 

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

He handled it the way he did, and Deebo is handling it the way he is. Not every player is the same. Some take disrespect differently. Marathe gets mentioned by many players and agents around the league for being this type of negotiator and eventually you build up a certain reputation. So whatever he told Deebo's agent, here we are with a mess on hand....And it is not him that will need to clean it up..........

I know for a fact that they do low ball their players for some reason, It is Paraag, they did it to Warner, & Kittle, Deebo needs to not take it so damn personally.

• Like 3

I'm actually with Lombardi here and what I've been saying. I don't think the 49ers view this as "Listen deebo, we are going to keep you and tag you and tag you again and you're going nowhere mwahahaha!". I think they view this as, "He's a little in his feels right now...once he sees that we won't move him and want him around, he's going to wake up and be willing to start talking again". 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Forge said:

I'm actually with Lombardi here and what I've been saying. I don't think the 49ers view this as "Listen deebo, we are going to keep you and tag you and tag you again and you're going nowhere mwahahaha!". I think they view this as, "He's a little in his feels right now...once he sees that we won't move him and want him around, he's going to wake up and be willing to start talking again". 

It's his agent I'm saying it now, been saying it since this whole thing began.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, 49erscap said:

I know for a fact that they do low ball their players for some reason, It is Paraag, they did it to Warner, & Kittle, Deebo needs to not take it so damn personally.

That's how WE want Deebo to take it, but that is not how he is taking it. The point is, there really is no reason to low ball the way Marathe does in the first place. You are going to get to a certain number eventually, so why go through all that to tick everyone off in the process? It is known around the league that this is what he does...I forgot what website interviewed anonymous agents but they basically mentioned they hate negotiating with Marathe...Now, you can't just be a pushover so I'm not saying that. But Kittle and Warner both got FAR less money in the initial offers than they ended up getting. 

I've been saying all along that the team gets more serious around TC and that Deebo needs to be more patient but it could be that it is too late and he has made his decision and won't be returning to the team. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, 49ersfan said:

He is also the only one who was the best player at two different positions that carried the load through the postseason. The two negotiations cannot be compared.