2022 NFL Draft Discussion Thread (NO SPOILERS!!!)

CWood21

1 minute ago, CWood21 said:

Age and character concerns.  I'd argue positional value kinda went out the board with the Walker pick.  IF Wyatt didn't post a ridiculous Combine, would he have been on Gute's board?

GB brought him in.   if those character concerns got answered, then it becomes a non issue. 

Like I said on the age thing.   if he can come in a play high level snaps year 1, then you got 4-5 years of play vs waiting on a younger IDL to develop

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Leader said:

Jake Morley -  Gonna be hard to root for Wyatt. Hope he has changed.

///

What did this guy do?

From what I saw, it was a verbal argument with a girl where he broke some door.  Or at least that's what I thought I read.

• Like 1

Just now, Howler said:

Don't have an issue with these picks, but Gute better have a contingency plan. He didn't have a contingency plan two years ago when all the WRs went off the board. 

contingency plan is that Rodgers only has to get us 1 td per game, because no one is scoring on us

2 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

From what I saw, it was a verbal argument with a girl where he broke some door.  Or at least that's what I thought I read.

Sounds like a young guy making a dumb decisions. Here's hoping it was a one-time issue:

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/georgia-defensive-lineman-devonte-wyatt-arrested-on-three-misdemeanor-charges/

Wyatt is facing three misdemeanor charges including criminal trespass, damage to property and family violence. 

The incident took place last Friday when, according to the UGA Police Department, officers responded to a 911 call to McWhorter Hall where a male and female were fighting. Officers identified Wyatt as one of the parties involved in what was deemed a verbal altercation. However, the report states that Wyatt allegedly kicked the female's door "multiple times from the hallway, damaging the door and forcing it open." Wyatt and the female reportedly had an on-again, off-again relationship. The report also stated that "neither party indicated they were in fear for their safety."