Broncos resign Melvin Gordon, 1 year 5 Milly

BullsandBroncos

1 hour ago, Kiwibrown said:

Rb isnt just flat its tanking

Think after CMAC and Zeke got paid and stopped performing (injuries but w/e) and Saquon is trending towards bust, rb is back to being unimportant again after a little spurt of them going high 

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

Why not just go with Mike Boone as the #2?

b/c Gordon rushed for 912 yards and 8 TDs last year in a timeshare. He was actually very good, especially in the redzone. Have to think his relationship with Russ from Wisconsin had to play a small factor as well.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Ty21 said:

Think after CMAC and Zeke got paid and stopped performing (injuries but w/e) and Saquon is trending towards bust, rb is back to being unimportant again after a little spurt of them going high 

Leonard Fournette being a bust compared to where he was as well

Just now, AkronsWitness said:

Have to think his relationship with Russ from Wisconsin had to play a small factor as well.

It's been a while, but pretty sure they didn't have any meaningful overlap. Gordon redshirted the only year Wilson was here, and Wilson wasn't particularly close to the players. He came from money and lived off campus.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

It's been a while, but pretty sure they didn't have any meaningful overlap. Gordon redshirted the only year Wilson was here, and Wilson wasn't particularly close to the players. He came from money and lived off campus.

hmm the media was making it sound like they shared the field together there quite a bit

Just now, AkronsWitness said:

hmm the media was making it sound like they shared the field together there quite a bit

Yep Wilson played that angle up a lot. 

I'm not saying they didn't know each other existed or anything, Gordon was the best RB in practice by the end of the year but they didn't want to burn the RS (plus we had Montee Ball and James White - those were fun days), but yeah I'd guess the Wisconsin teammates being reunited angle is the media trying to make it not about the money.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, wackywabbit said:

Good signing, he still looked like a plus all-around back when I watched.

The only bad thing I can say about him is that hes fumble prone--and when your offense is inept and cant score more than 23pts in a game, his fumbles felt even more crippling. 

1 minute ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

I feel like at this point his dorkiness is a known quantity so I don't have to go all in.

I was wondering if you were going for subtle humor or a kind and gentle take like the 30 for 30 Ric Flair when his ex wife said "Ric wasn't much of a family man" right after the cut where Flair said "Yeah, I tried monogamy for about a day."

• Like 1