2022 NFL Draft Talk (No Spoiler allowed until Day 3)

JetsandI

10 minutes ago, Abe56 said:

The final Schrager mock.  Dont care about most mocks because its just opinion, but he is one that bases it off what hes hearing from teams.

https://www.nfl.com/news/peter-schrager-2022-nfl-mock-draft-3-0-eagles-packers-trade-up-for-wide-receiver

Has us Going Sauce and Garrett Wilson, which I wouldnt hate, just would sting a bit passing on Thibodeaux

My thing with Sauce beyond that he might not even start for us, is that he has to be a shutdown CB to be worth that pick. And I think there’s a 0% chance he’s shutting down Diggs, Hill, Waddle, etc in his nfl career.

Brings me back to Q. That he was a good prospect. But to go DT there, I said draft night was going to have to be close to Donald good for me to ever like the pick. 3 years later and he’s above average.

2 minutes ago, KimuraGod said:

Anyone else having that sickly feeling and high anxiety about tonight? 

Just feel like we are going to do something stupid like trade the farm for Deebo 

I feel we’re going to do something stupid and draft a CB and an ok DE.

I’ve figured it out. 

Peter Schrags, who’s well connected to the Jets, let it slip on good morning football that Thibs had an amazing interview with us. So Douglas and co needed to walk back their interest so no one tried to jump us with Houston at 3 since they’re going CB anyway and can probably get the Corner later in the top 10.

Chess not checkers. Or I’m in denial or drunk or both or all 3. 

IT’S DRAFT DAY

27 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Alright boys… todays the day this franchise takes the step from a crappy team to……. We had 2 guys we should’ve drafted to make us a good team, but skipped on them for a CB and passing on a great DE in Thibs 😉 And stay crappy

5-12 is progress technically lol

8 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

I’ve figured it out. 

Peter Schrags, who’s well connected to the Jets, let it slip on good morning football that Thibs had an amazing interview with us. So Douglas and co needed to walk back their interest so no one tried to jump us with Houston at 3 since they’re going CB anyway and can probably get the Corner later in the top 10.

Chess not checkers. Or I’m in denial or drunk or both or all 3. 

IT’S DRAFT DAY

Said that yesterday, a week or so ago Schrager was saying it was a Jet Thibodeaux love fest, all the meetings went incredible etc to now hes not even on their big board lol

Not sure what could of changed in that time, other than JD was annoyed that was out there and started leaking all this other stuff to throw other teams off the scent

1 hour ago, jetfuel34 said:

I think a lot of teams have KT outside the top 10 on their big board. Lets hope the Lions have him #1 overall. 

That’s what it sounds like, character plays a role there, I site Jeremiah because he’s been consistent in his evaluation of KT on the field. Given his relationship with Douglas, I don’t think it’s far fetched to think, character concerns aside, KT isn’t a top-5 player on our board.

23 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I feel we’re going to do something stupid and draft a CB and an ok DE.

I been through sixty drafts with the Jets, and this year I don't have a clue what Douglas in going to do. All I can do is watch the draft and wait to hear what you folks have to say. It is going to be a long night.

Personal preference aside I cannot see how Thibs isn't in consideration AT ALL. That's just unacceptable, dude isn't a criminal, doesn't disrespect his coaches or teammates, does a lot of good in his community. Like what character issues are there? Self confidence is not a character flaw. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Personal preference aside I cannot see how Thibs isn't in consideration AT ALL. That's just unacceptable, dude isn't a criminal, doesn't disrespect his coaches or teammates, does a lot of good in his community. Like what character issues are there? Self confidence is not a character flaw. 

I honestly don't understand either.  Wasn't he just doing flag football camps with kids?