2022 NFL Draft Round 1 Discussion Thread

CBears019

1 minute ago, blkwdw13 said:

All of them so far have been projected to go in the first anyways, so unless you are saying Poles should trade into first then let the board fall.

Tyler Smith was a 2nd round projection, but that's really been the only pick (Besides Pickett) that you would say was a reach.

Just now, Superman(DH23) said:

Tyler Smith was a 2nd round projection, but that's really been the only pick (Besides Pickett) that you would say was a reach.

Tyler Smith has been projected late first for a couple weeks now.

Just now, blkwdw13 said:

Depends... I'd heard rumors going back to Feb that teams where higher on him than he was being projected on draft sites.... but still most draft sites had him ~42

3 minutes ago, blkwdw13 said:
4 minutes ago, Superman(DH23) said:

Yep. Smith has ranged anywhere from late first to early second.

Weird feeling Packers are gonna go Pickens or Pierce...   Pierce was a Packer fan growing up, despite being from like Glen Ellyn

Interesting how quickly the Watson hype dropped off a cliff.... People where talking about him being a first round lock until that tweet about his drop rate snapped everyone to reality.

Edited by Epyon

The Bears sent defensive coordinator Alan Williams to Houston’s pro day and hosted Hall on a top-30 visit to Halas Hall. Poles tried to make his biggest investment in free agency on a defensive tackle, and Hall has the versatility to be used similarly to how coach Matt Eberflus deployed DeForest Buckner in Indianapolis.

5 minutes ago, Epyon said:

Depends... I'd heard rumors going back to Feb that teams where higher on him than he was being projected on draft sites.... but still most draft sites had him ~42

Sorry I have seen the opposite of what you are saying, everything I have seen shown him going in the first.