Jordan Love 2022 Trade Prediction

incognito_man

Will Jordan Love be Traded in 2022 Draft?  

54 members have voted

1. 1. Will Jordan Love be Traded in 2022 Draft?

• No
    • Yes, Top 20 Pick Value
    • Yes, 20-32 Pick Value
    • Yes, 33-49 Pick Value
    • Yes, 50+ Pick Value

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/01/2022 at 04:30 AM

Will he be traded? If yes, what value?

Should he be traded? Document your stance here.

My personal take is there I would not trade him for less than top tier value in this draft (pick 20ish value minimum). I do not think he will be traded.

Edited by incognito_man

Comes down to what the Packers think of him.  His 5th year option will be 20 millionish and decided on next offseason.  If they don't see it with him, now is the time to trade him.   Also have to take into consideration how long Rodgers will play.  

Nice we were just talking about this.  We could use some more mid round picks.  Deep draft class this year.  Ideally a 2 and a 4 would be sweet. Voted no only because think the odds are less than 50/50.  Saw how desperate teams are for QB's.  If you look at it objectively would make a lot of sense for another team to take a chance on Love rather than the draft.  He has more upside than anyone except maybe Willis.  Need Nags to float a Love trade rumor get it out there and get these teams thinking.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NFLGURU said:

Comes down to what the Packers think of him.  His 5th year option will be 20 millionish and decided on next offseason.  If they don't see it with him, now is the time to trade him.   Also have to take into consideration how long Rodgers will play.  

Yep .. they have a pretty good feel for what the kid is made of.  If they aren't completely sold on him they need to sell if they get a nice offer.

We can't be dumb enough to trade Love, are we?

It costs us money to trade him and replace him on the roster.

And if we draft someone to develop, we are not getting someone who can backup Rodgers this year, so we are spending even more money on a rookie and a veteran backup.

It just doesn't make a lot of sense.

5 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

And if we draft someone to develop, we are not getting someone who can backup Rodgers this year, so we are spending even more money on a rookie and a veteran backup.

That's kinda how I arrived at my conclusion. We don't trade him unless we get a sweetheart offer of a tier 1 pick. Then it might be worth it.

I don't think he will be traded.   If we get a decent offer of 1st half of 2nd value or higher we should.     The timing on his career in GB doesn't fit.   We wasted his entire rookie contract sitting on the bench.   You can't give him big money based on what he has shown to date.   

The organization is in a lot better position to know what his value than any of us.   My comments are based on the little we have seen in games, and the relatively low level performances put on game tape to date.

Will he be traded?  No.

Should he be traded?  Yes, probably.  We cannot afford his fifth year option, and he is not going to play as long as Rodgers is around, and Rodgers' contract expires in 2026.  Now, I am not saying give him away, but I would like to get something of value out of him.  I would have to see the offers that were on the table.  I would be pretty tempted to take 40, 41, or 43 from either Seattle or Atlanta.  I could see that being a contributor more than a back-up QB for this season and maybe next.  

28 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

If they deal Love today or tomorrow they will be drafting a QB and Benkert will be backing up Rodgers.