Round 2: Let's Talk Bears Prospects and Draft Approach

G08

CB...Kyler Gordon...6-0" 198lbs...Washington...

I really like this pick for us...the cupboard was bare at outside CB apart form JJ...Gordon fits the scheme from a size & length perspective...he is calm and confident in coverage...has ball skills...will come up and tackle...I never saw why he was ranked lower than his team mate Trent McDuffie if I am honest...

I like Andrew Booth Jr more as a player but can understand the concern with his injury history...also don't think it is a coincidence that the Huskies have put some really good DBs into the NFL recently so there is a history there...

There were guys I would have taken before him but you can't get mad at filling a need with a talented player from a proven programme at what is a really important position given how the NFL is going...two young talented outside CBs are never a bad thing.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, JAF-N72EX said:

We just drafted a nickel at 39.

The good news is Vildor can go work at a local Taco Bell now

The bad news is the offense is still horse**** 

The worst news is Poles is already fitting in perfectly in terms of doing an awful job of fixing poor offenses

2 minutes ago, JAF-N72EX said:

We just drafted a nickel at 39.

2 things, if you think he is a pure Nickel CB you are sorely mistaken. And down playing a Nickel CB shows a severe lack of understanding of the importance of that position in todays NFL

• Like 1

Just now, StLunatic88 said:

2 things, if you think he is a pure Nickel CB you are sorely mistaken. And down playing a Nickel CB shows a severe lack of understanding of the importance of that position in todays NFL

2 things, if you think he's a good pure corner you are sorely mistaken. He played both outside and nickel. Two, don't talk to me about lack of understanding while also defending the pick when there about 9 other corners better than him at his own position.

4 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

In this defense the nb is just as important a the 3 tech and will backer

Edited by GBHalas