Round 2 Pick 34; Christian Watson, WR, NDSU

Packerraymond

7 minutes ago, StatKing said:

Don't bother. If Lambeau burnt down tomorrow they would find a way to blame Rodgers. They've been wrong for 3 years and still cant come to grips with the fact that Rodgers isn't going anywhere anytime soon.

I don’t really want to get into this but the only constant over the years has been Rodgers. Year after year of disappointments in the playoffs, Rodgers has to shoulder at least some of the blame. We’ve got an entirely knew team and coaching staff and it’s the same thing. 

13 minutes ago, gopackgo972 said:

I don’t really want to get into this but the only constant over the years has been Rodgers. Year after year of disappointments in the playoffs, Rodgers has to shoulder at least some of the blame. We’ve got an entirely knew team and coaching staff and it’s the same thing. 

Of course he shoulders some blame. Never said he didn't but I would rather watch the Packers with him than without him thank you very much. You have no idea how incredibly spoiled you sound when you say year after year of playoff disappointments. We are a perennial playoff team because of him. Every year he gives us a chance, and I would rather have that than watch a team I know is dead in the water by week 8.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Those 3 Lombardi's sure have shown us wrong . . . Wait.

I mean you're the guy who said there's no way he would still be here after back to back MVPs and you're still clinging onto hope he might retire next year. Rodgers is going to retire a Packer and Jordan Love will never see the field for us as a starter. Get over it.

8 minutes ago, StatKing said:

I mean you're the guy who said there's no way he would still be here after back to back MVPs and you're still clinging onto hope he might retire next year. Rodgers is going to retire a Packer and Jordan Love will never see the field for us as a starter. Get over it.

Buddy, are you on crack???

I have never said Rodgers would be gone. 

I have never said I want Rodgers to retire. That would destroy our cap.

3 hours ago, Norm said:

IMO there are other damn FCS teams he could have played for that could have gotten him drafted before 34. 

If he played for Eastern Washington, Sam Houston, even James Madison he likely goes in the first round. Really outside of the the teams like Kennesaw NDSU is the least receiver or QB friendly team in terms of highlight reels which makes it amazing the draft picks they have produced. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Gopackgonerd said:

Remember when this thread was about Christian Watson drops?

e45ca000-4a98-4a72-89d7-56ac9a4056aa_tex

Better question is if Watson will be in position to drop a pass from Rodgers in the postseason though… or if he will throw to a double coverage Cobb.

• Like 1

Just now, Green19 said:

Great white sharks… literally have “Great” in the name though

Should be called the Meh White Sharks though. All hype, no game.

Seriously watch some stuff on tiger sharks. They make great whites look like pansies.

13 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

Everyone isn't going to play well. That's football. If you asked me before that game if Josiah Deguara or Dennis Kelly were going to struggle, I'd have said yes. They struggled in games we won comfortably. Aaron Rodgers gets paid not to struggle at remedial tasks like throwing to the player Matt LaFleur has designed a successful play to go to.

Tom Brady is a freak who seems to perform well in clutch games every time.

Rodgers isn't Brady. I real life, people have days when they don't play well. Its just life. Doesn't matter how much you get paid you will mess things up some days. Its called real life. You can't control when you are going to have a bad day/game, you just have to hope it isn't on a big day.

Its very difficult to win a super bowl even if you are a very good team. If you make it to the divisional round you have a 1 in 8 chance. That isn't good odds. You are playing very good teams so the games aren't far from 50/50.   If you want the best team to win the super bowl then you need a league format with the team that has the best regular season wins.  The NFL doesn't - it has a cup format so the best team doesn't necessarily win just the team. One loss and you are out so you have to hope that your bad days aren't in the playoffs.  

Rodgers is a truly elite player but one who doesn't have the consistency of Brady (nobody does - Mahones is similar in he has had fluffed his lines in some big games as well).  You just have to hope his iffy games don't fall in the play offs.

Grass is always greener. With Rodgers we compete for titles.  Without Rodgers , our number one priority is finding a QB. We go from haves to have nots.   A relevant team to a non-relevant team like the Bears.  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, gopackgo972 said:

The "same thing" with the "knew" coaching staff is the team gets physically dominated in their three losses. The OLs have been terrible in all three losses and in the last ten years, except for the last 9er game, historically bad defenses have been an issue, too.  When the defense finally showed up this year the team was crippled by the worst special ream performance in the history of the NFL and a TE room that imploded.

Rodgers has generally been the best QB in the losses. The big exception was against the Falcons. After Rodgers dominated the playoffs to get the undermanned Packers to the NFCCG, the Falcons demolished the Packers.