Pick 35 Titans Select Roger McCreary

615finest

2 hours ago, Daniel said:

Agreed. Plus, with Gordon and Booth still around, it’s not like he was the best player at the position by any significant margin even.

Plenty of very good WRs were there for the taking, and surprise surprise, we still haven’t addressed it. Gotta hope one of the like 5 decent WRs left lasts 25 more picks.

Booth apparently had medical concerns and both McCreary and Gordon have been mocked top 20 to the 2nd round. Not much of a difference between the two so there’s not a “significant difference” there either.

He reminds me of more fluid Malcolm butler. Butler was feisty & a good press man cover 2 corner but he had stiff hips I love the kids footwork, & hip fluidity isn’t as fast but he’s quick & intelligent plus with our pass rush don’t need to be fast. 

1 hour ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Booth apparently had medical concerns and both McCreary and Gordon have been mocked top 20 to the 2nd round. Not much of a difference between the two so there’s not a “significant difference” there either.

Yeah. That’s one reason it’s not a very good pick.

25 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

That doesn’t make sense. Your complained that it wasn’t Gordon when there’s a big difference between both players at all as far as prospects.

I complained that it was a DB at all. I said it’s even worse because he wasn’t even the best DB by a significant margin. All three are similar levels of prospect. And when there are multiple guys of similar quality at a position that isn’t a big need, and you haven’t addressed your biggest needs yet, that’s a bad ******* decision.

27 minutes ago, Daniel said:

I complained that it was a DB at all. I said it’s even worse because he wasn’t even the best DB by a significant margin. All three are similar levels of prospect. And when there are multiple guys of similar quality at a position that isn’t a big need, and you haven’t addressed your biggest needs yet, that’s a bad ******* decision.

It’s never a good idea to draft based solely on need you draft by best player available on your board & cover your needs. CB was a need also we have nothing at CB in a pass driven league we’re a injury away from our secondary being god awful 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TitanRedd said:

It’s never a good idea to draft based solely on need you draft by best player available on your board & cover your needs.

No one said draft solely on need. But ignoring them completely is even worse.

Pure bpa is also a terrible way to go. That’s why the Lions were such a powerhouse franchise. They went bpa for decades.

It’s not an all or nothing either way. The entire board was up in arms at the idea of using the first pick on any defensive player for the entire offseason. Now it’s happened and it was suddenly a need.

Last year’s first pick was a CB. They took a second one in the third. The year before that, we spent a second on one. And we still have one from the year before that who’s been a solid depth guy.

Taking a fourth corner over a number 2 WR is just so obviously a bad move I can’t believe I even have to argue it.

1 minute ago, Daniel said:

No one said draft solely on need. But ignoring them completely is even worse.

Pure bpa is also a terrible way to go. That’s why the Lions were such a powerhouse franchise. They went bpa for decades.

It’s not an all or nothing either way. The entire board was up in arms at the idea of using the first pick on any defensive player for the entire offseason. Now it’s happened and it was suddenly a need.

Last year’s first pick was a CB. They took a second one in the third. The year before that, we spent a second on one. And we still have one from the year before that who’s been a solid depth guy.

Taking a fourth corner over a number 2 WR is just so obviously a bad move I can’t believe I even have to argue it.

Once again you talking about a corner we drafted last yr who tore his ACL who coming into his rookie season hadn’t played football in 2 yrs, we have a lockdown corner that hasn’t played a full season, if any one of them are hurt our defense is screwed you go from playing exotic coverages allowing our safeties to mix it up, roam, play robber, 2 man high, single high. You can’t do that when you ask them to shade help because our CB’s can’t cover. trust me CB was as big as a need as a #2 WR you just don’t see it because our defense was very good last season & our offense sucked. But we cut Jenkins & it’s a make or break yr for Farley. 

• Like 1

Its like people forgot we cut Jackrabbit and CF isn't a lock to just step in and be great and with how the rest of draft has panned out this pick is looking better and better. This is a passing league. You need 4 GOOD guys and if one gets injured we are in trouble so another rookie. We are now VERY young at DB and thats a good thing. 

• Like 1

Just now, VY-FTW said:

Its like people forgot we cut Jackrabbit and CF isn't a lock to just step in and be great and with how the rest of draft has panned out this pick is looking better and better. This is a passing league. You need 4 GOOD guys and if one gets injured we are in trouble so another rookie. We are now VERY young at DB and thats a good thing. 

They don’t see it because they remember our defense carrying us & our offense barely moving the ball in the passing game. But we’re 1 injury away from our pass coverage back to 2020 mediocrity playing 10 yards off sitting on routes & safety’s playing help over the top. 🥴