Pick 35 Titans Select Roger McCreary

615finest

26 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Bad teams overpay for players all the time. I like Hooker and would love to keep him but I think this McCreary is all about getting ready to move on by playing Molden more as a big nickel/3rd safety role this season and full-time safety in 23.

Molden doesn’t have the range for safety based on how we use our safeties. That’s 2 high, & robber  I can see slot corner, he’s not that big to play the star role like Cruikshank did last yr. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Your guys thoughts? Kid is good. I’ve seen him mocked as high top 15 at some points throughout the season and draft season. He’s not a superstar athlete but he’s a better athlete than Molden. Slightly bigger as well.  

I honestly didn’t know anything about him coming into today, but I’m a fan of him based off what I’ve seen and read. Size is a bit of a question mark but dude is a baller.

Like I said before, I can’t help but think of the Derrick Henry pick with this. A pick that was initially questioned only to be viewed as a great pick in due time.

6 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Your guys thoughts? Kid is good. I’ve seen him mocked as high top 15 at some points throughout the season and draft season. He’s not a superstar athlete but he’s a better athlete than Molden. Slightly bigger as well.  

I knew we'd pick up a CB in the draft. Like you said, I've seen him ranked as high as the 3rd Corner off the board. It's a good pick.

If people are wondering about a plan, it seems he was their highest rated player. 
No complaints from me. 

Pickens is falling for a reason.
I still like Alec Pierce, Jaden Tolbert, Calvin Austin as WR targets. 

4 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

I knew we'd pick up a CB in the draft. Like you said, I've seen him ranked as high as the 3rd Corner off the board. It's a good pick.

If people are wondering about a plan, it seems he was their highest rated player. 
No complaints from me. 

Pickens is falling for a reason.
I still like Alec Pierce, Jaden Tolbert, Calvin Austin as WR targets. 

I’d love Austin just because it’s adds the speed we been needing and also adds some juice to our lackluster special teams. I think we end up with David Bell, he just screams Titan pick

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Chocolateman78 said:

This logic never made sense to me. They have contingency plans if they don’t get their top choice. McCreary is who they wanted. It’s not like they panicked and threw a dart at a board. Assuming they did want Watson do you really think they didn’t talk about contingencies if he got picked before 35?

I play fantasy football with a lot of owners who operate like that. It’s fun to watch. 

gotta say i still don't really understand this one. i would've preferred a WR like pickens or moore, but i also think an edge like ebiketie (or even ojabo, if robinson wanted to continue his injured player theme lol) would've made way more sense given that we may not be keeping bud dupree around for a long time. a CB who is basically gonna be our CB4 this year and likely maxes out as a slot guy....idk, man. i just don't really see the value at the top of the first round with the state of our roster.

5 hours ago, -Hope- said:

gotta say i still don't really understand this one. i would've preferred a WR like pickens or moore, but i also think an edge like ebiketie (or even ojabo, if robinson wanted to continue his injured player theme lol) would've made way more sense given that we may not be keeping bud dupree around for a long time. a CB who is basically gonna be our CB4 this year and likely maxes out as a slot guy....idk, man. i just don't really see the value at the top of the first round with the state of our roster.

Agreed. Plus, with Gordon and Booth still around, it’s not like he was the best player at the position by any significant margin even.

Plenty of very good WRs were there for the taking, and surprise surprise, we still haven’t addressed it. Gotta hope one of the like 5 decent WRs left lasts 25 more picks.

1 hour ago, Daniel said:

Agreed. Plus, with Gordon and Booth still around, it’s not like he was the best player at the position by any significant margin even.

Plenty of very good WRs were there for the taking, and surprise surprise, we still haven’t addressed it. Gotta hope one of the like 5 decent WRs left lasts 25 more picks.

Again he’s not the best player to you, the titans clearly are drafting best player available according to their board not by need. It makes perfect sense, we have no depth at corner 0 depth, Fulton has never played a full season, Farley is a ? Mark molden is a slot only CB so if we lose a CB to injury that messes up what we do schematically on defense with our Safeties playing exotic coverages. I know you want WR I want another 1 also hell & a TE but we sticking to BPA