4(111). Max Mitchell, OT, Louisiana

NewAge

3 hours ago, Rockice_8 said:

Think we want to run more this year?

Without a doubt. I think its a good bet to say we have one of the best rushing attacks next season. Between 2 talented studs in the backfield, our OL that is built to run block, and the TEs we have. They are going to run the ball. 

8 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Yeah setting the tone, gonna open up a ton of possibilities in the passing game 

Very balanced team now with actual weapons. But we will have to control the lock to stay in games against good teams. 100% can’t do this with our OL, blocking TEs and 2 great RBs. And when teams start game planning for that. Wilson, Davis, Moore and Wilson can go to work.

5 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Yeah setting the tone, gonna open up a ton of possibilities in the passing game 

No question.  If we play from ahead we can take the air out of the ball and sustain drives to finish off games instead of having to sling it every game and play catch up.

Doesn't hurt to have outside weapons to keep the defense honest either.

I would love to add Mathieu to this roster and really make a push.  At this point why not.  Throw a big one year deal at him.

Obviously the division is a stretch with BUF playing at a high level but no reason we can't be on the level of MIA and NE.  I think 2nd in this difficult division gets in the playoffs.  Let's go for it.  

8 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Very balanced team now with actual weapons. But we will have to control the lock to stay in games against good teams. 100% can’t do this with our OL, blocking TEs and 2 great RBs. And when teams start game planning for that. Wilson, Davis, Moore and Wilson can go to work.

Yeah we have guys who can win 1v1 all over the field, Zach has to be on time and find them in crucial points(3rd down) and use his legs are our 3rd weapon against teams. We have options right now on offense, something we’ve never had before.

7 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

No question.  If we play from ahead we can take the air out of the ball and sustain drives to finish off games instead of having to sling it every game and play catch up.

Doesn't hurt to have outside weapons to keep the defense honest either.

I would love to add Mathieu to this roster and really make a push.  At this point why not.  Throw a big one year deal at him.

Obviously the division is a stretch with BUF playing at a high level but no reason we can't be on the level of MIA and NE.  I think 2nd in this difficult division gets in the playoffs.  Let's go for it.  

I think we’re still a year/year and a half away from Buffalo depending on how much our year 2 guys progressed and how Lawson looks. I’m typically not counting on rookies, anything they give us is gravy especially early in the season.

I don’t think Tyrann is interested in anyone that isn’t a contender but he’d be a great addition.

9 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

I think we’re still a year/year and a half away from Buffalo depending on how much our year 2 guys progressed and how Lawson looks. I’m typically not counting on rookies, anything they give us is gravy especially early in the season.

I don’t think Tyrann is interested in anyone that isn’t a contender but he’d be a great addition.

Probably not but money talks so maybe he'd come here if he has no other lucrative options.  We are super flexible with our options moving forward so we can afford it.

Totally agree we are not ready for BUF but we should be ready to push for 2nd though.  MIA made some good moves and NE is always tough but no reason we can't split with them this year and be in the running for a WC spot.

Zack is the engine to this ship.  JD built him a solid one he just needs to take the leep to make it go.  We only go as far as he takes us.