šŸˆ Raiders select with pick #126: DT Neil Farrell Jr.

RaidersAreOne

I think he has the chance to be the most impactful draft pick this year unless Jacobs gets hurt and White starts. Raiders are paying Haskins peanuts basically. Canā€™t really say come cut down day I would be surprised if he got cut. Anchoring the DL doesnā€™t take experience so I think he can come in with a good showing in camp and preseason and take a lot of snaps away from other players.Ā 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Geezy said:

I think Nichols is going to be huge for us, probably the most underrated transaction weā€™ve had all offseason

I don't know who Nichols is.Ā  More interested in Bears guy.

Think Bears guy is going to be a stud on our defense.

3 minutes ago, Dessie said:

Must be a trans Atlantic thing, no idea what you are talking about..šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø

I just call him by his nickname.Ā  I'm not going to call him Nichols.Ā  I said in a different thread that he should always be referred to Bears guy because so many posters were calling him "the Bears guy."

I guess you didn't see that thread.

14 minutes ago, Jerry said:

I just call him by his nickname.Ā  I'm not going to call him Nichols.Ā  I said in a different thread that he should always be referred to Bears guy because so many posters were calling him "the Bears guy."

I guess you didn't see that thread.

Lol, sorry I didnā€™t.Ā 

• Like 1

On 5/1/2022 at 7:56 AM, agarcia34 said:

I think he has the chance to be the most impactful draft pick this year unless Jacobs gets hurt and White starts. Raiders are paying Haskins peanuts basically. Canā€™t really say come cut down day I would be surprised if he got cut. Anchoring the DL doesnā€™t take experience so I think he can come in with a good showing in camp and preseason and take a lot of snaps away from other players.Ā 

I'd guess that Nichols, Hankins, and the two rookies are our four primary DT's sooner rather than later. I don't really have a ton of confidence in guys like Peko, Billings, V Butler, etc.Ā 

37 minutes ago, NickButera said:

Don't forget about the bears guy we just let go. And then there's the bears guy we sent but now we're going to play against twice a year.Ā 

Too many Bears even the stock market...Ā Ā šŸ¤Ŗ

17 hours ago, NYRaider said:

I'd guess that Nichols, Hankins, and the two rookies are our four primary DT's sooner rather than later. I don't really have a ton of confidence in guys like Peko, Billings, V Butler, etc.Ā 

Nichols and Hankins are for sure two starters and key guys.

The 2 rookies are important future pieces, whom can be helpfull in rotation this year too.

That is 2 starter and 2 back up, but we will need more than that, since this won't be a 4-3 base D.

We will have a LDT spot, a NT spot and a RDE spot in base.

With the Giants PG used a huge 6'4 342 guy (D.Lawrence) at LDT, while "only" a 6'4 314 guy (A.Johnson) was his NT.

Leo Williams at 6'5 302 was his RDE.

Lawrence and Williams stayed in nickel as starters or they were the starters when they used 4-3 fronts. They were a 3-4 base D with some 4-3 looks.

Ā 

The Raiders under PG will be a multiple front team, but I still expect it to be 3-4 "heavy" in base...what I mean by that is that we will use more 3-4 base looks then 4-3.

We have 2 NT only guys in Billings and Peko.

We have 2 guys who could play NT and also LDT in Hankins andĀ Farrell.

We have a few guys who could play LDT and RDE in Nichols, M. Butler, V.Butler and Vickers. I would say however that Butler and Vickers should only stick to one side, one role. Butler LDT, while Vickers at RDE.

We also have Ferrell, who should get an opportunity to compete for RDE snaps in base IMO.

I could see us keeping 4 guys for the NT, LDT roles and another 3 for RDE and nickel DT roles.

I think Hankins andĀ Farrell are locks and V.Butler and Billings has the best chance IMO to stick around for LDT, NT.

I think Nichols, M.Butler and Ferrell are going to form that RDE/3T group when it is all said and done.

That is 7 DL player. If Farrell is really good and convincing we might only carry 6 and let V.Butler or Billings loose...

Ā 

• Like 1