The Marvel Cinematic Universe- Robert Downey Jr. cast as Doctor Doom

Acgott

7 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Isnt Moon Knight a show?

Not sure we will see a Gambit movie for a long time, if ever.  The confidence in XMen movies is at an all time low.

I think it will happen eventually. MCU introduces him as a side character and if done well, the support would be there for a solo movie. 

11 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Isnt Moon Knight a show?

Not sure we will see a Gambit movie for a long time, if ever.  The confidence in XMen movies is at an all time low.

I imagine the production values will be pretty similar if not the same. Disney+ shows are just another vehicle to expand the MCU. In terms of money and business, there is a difference. In terms of my viewing pleasure, I dont really see one. 

3 hours ago, D82 said:

I think it will happen eventually. MCU introduces him as a side character and if done well, the support would be there for a solo movie. 

I agree that's how it could happen...but XMen is proabably 4 or 5 years away, and it's probably going to take a few movies to develop these characters.  So a Gambit movie, at best, is probably a decade away.

America Chavez in her own Disney+ series titled Ms. America is apparently in the works. Her solo comic run was awful according to fans. Didn't read it myself. Folks thought she was okay as a support character though in Ultimates/A Force. If Gabby Rivera is involved though, feathers might be ruffled.

If this is really coming to fruition, Marvel Studios is probably setting up an all female team since these series will be tied to future movies.

Edited by PapaShogun

19 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Isnt Moon Knight a show?

He's eventually getting a movie in the MCU after his show. 

But yeah, the odds of a Gambit movie happening now are virtually 0. 

14 hours ago, KManX89 said:

I’m not sure Moon Knight will get a solo movie,  he’ll probably appear in movies, but they gave him a tv series for a reason. Same for all the Disney+ characters.

I agree, it be a while before Gambit gets a solo movie, but when you have a star like Tatum attached, anything is possibly.

14 hours ago, KManX89 said:

I know zilch about Moon Knight.

11 minutes ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

Not sure if anyone heard but rumor is one of the what if eps will be T'challa becoming Star Lord.

The first im hearing of this, but all Im saying is, How is Marvel not getting panned for some of these rumors and even Disney+ shows that have already been announced?

15 hours ago, PapaShogun said:

If this is really coming to fruition, Marvel Studios is probably setting up an all female team since these series will be tied to future movies.

Paltrow as the new female Ironman makes sense

also, Danai Gurira (Okoye) as the female Starlord and Nancy Cartwright as Groot

All I know is that female empowerment scene was the most cringeworthy thing in all of MCU.  I know I'll probably get called an incel for this, but it was literally facepalm bad.  Massive battlefield and,

"I don't know how you're going to get through all that,"

"Don't worry, she'll have help." 

As if Peter didn't literally just watch her fly THROUGH a got damn spaceship. 

It was so, so, so bad.  I'm not knocking Disney for trying.  I'm sure lots of people loved it, I'm sure they wanted to give a sendup to the women of the 19 years.  Totally cool, I get it, but that was so poorly conceived I literally cringed the second time I saw it. 

If Dr. Strange saw all the possible better ways to have a moment like that, he'd still be going through them. 

Like literally...

There are ten thousand better ways to write that empowerment scene.  It was ill-conceived from the very beginning.  As if Captain Marvel needed help in the first place.  She literally just flew through a ****ing spaceship.  The first mistake was having her the one who needed help.  Have somebody who might actually die try taking over the gauntlet if you're going to keep that stupid line of, "I don't know how you're going to get it through all that." 

Then have Captain Marvel show up and say she'll have help. 

Having Black Panther's guard lady say Captain Marvel will have help is like a cricket is gonna help a rhino break through a wall. 

• Like 1

^^

It's really awkward when Evangaline Lilly basically teleports from the van that they're trying to get the glove to, why didn't you are Ant Man have it the whole time if it's that easy for you to get around?

It was nice moment but Captain Marvel's super power to trivialize any situation kind of ruined it. 

• Like 1