The Marvel Cinematic Universe- Silver Surfer cast

Acgott

1 hour ago, THE DUKE said:

Yeah, I hated that aspect of it, Thanos wasn't going to be stopped by a good talking too. And T'Challa wasn't going to nearly instantly make Yondu a good person.  The second half of the episode was excellent, but I definitely had trouble with the first half.

Eh, I liked it. It's who he was at his core, his first dialogue in the MCU spoke to it...

Two people in a room can get more done than a hundred...

• Like 3

1 hour ago, THE DUKE said:

The more I see of The Eternals, the more intrigued I get

This trailer finally gave be the feeling of “ah ok, this is why this is getting made”. 

Not that I doubted them, it just didn’t really have a hook until now for me. Their power sets and the family dynamics really shined in this one + showing off the scope of it all.

Got be excited for the Xmen more too. Like they are really going to be able to elevate the mutants to being more than the black leather wearing squad who always seemed to fight on an island or in the middle of the woods somewhere. Their powers can finally be on display. Also the celestial scenes were cool, gives me hope for a faithful Silver Surfer & Galactus adaptation. Wouldn’t be surprised if they are already planning that, I remember Adam McKay wanted to do it (who they enjoyed working with on the Ant-man rewrite)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Kiltman said:

This trailer finally gave be the feeling of “ah ok, this is why this is getting made”. 

Not that I doubted them, it just didn’t really have a hook until now for me. Their power sets and the family dynamics really shined in this one + showing off the scope of it all.

Got be excited for the Xmen more too. Like they are really going to be able to elevate the mutants to being more than the black leather wearing squad who always seemed to fight on an island or in the middle of the woods somewhere. Their powers can finally be on display. Also the celestial scenes were cool, gives me hope for a faithful Silver Surfer & Galactus adaptation. Wouldn’t be surprised if they are already planning that, I remember Adam McKay wanted to do it (who they enjoyed working with on the Ant-man rewrite)

A faithful Silver Surfer and Galactus adaptation is something I'm really looking forward to. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

Yeah, I hated that aspect of it, Thanos wasn't going to be stopped by a good talking too. And T'Challa wasn't going to nearly instantly make Yondu a good person.  The second half of the episode was excellent, but I definitely had trouble with the first half.

Yeah they made it too self-aware by having him reference his plan to wipe out half the universe and how he’s not going to anymore. If this is an alternate universe, you don’t even need to address that and tbh it took me out of the story. Yondu is prolly my least liked MCU character and his good guy attitude felt so forced. 

The animation in this episode was good and seeing T’Challa as a galactic ambassador of good will was awesome and it was nice to hear Boseman in the role again.  The script’s dialogue was hard to sit thru tho. So many corny lines lol. Looking fwd to the next episode!

20 minutes ago, thrILL! said:

Yeah they made it too self-aware by having him reference his plan to wipe out half the universe and how he’s not going to anymore. If this is an alternate universe, you don’t even need to address that and tbh it took me out of the story. Yondu is prolly my least liked MCU character and his good guy attitude felt so forced. 

His plan? He was already doing it. Gamora was a literal child when he was mid swing of going world by world to commit mass-random 50% execution (cuz it cant be genocide if its at random 😉 ). I believe in the episode they run into each other because T'Challa is trying to save a planet from Thanos. 

7 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

His plan? He was already doing it. Gamora was a literal child when he was mid swing of going world by world to commit mass-random 50% execution (cuz it cant be genocide if its at random 😉 ). I believe in the episode they run into each other because T'Challa is trying to save a planet from Thanos. 

Well I literally said he wasn’t going to do his plan anymore lol. But your post is on point bcuz it further proves how silly it is for Thanos to do an about face. Either have him be an alternate version of himself where genocide was never the goal or have him hold strong to his nature and make him a threat to the Ravagers.  They went halfass and that’s exactly what they got lol. 

40 minutes ago, thrILL! said:

Well I literally said he wasn’t going to do his plan anymore lol. But your post is on point bcuz it further proves how silly it is for Thanos to do an about face. Either have him be an alternate version of himself where genocide was never the goal or have him hold strong to his nature and make him a threat to the Ravagers.  They went halfass and that’s exactly what they got lol. 

I didnt read "anymore" as an implication that he was currently doing it, but that isnt here nor there. 

I don't think his about face as you put it is that unreasonable. Thanos as been portrayed as a man of cold calculating logic. It's why the r/thanosdidnothingwrong sub exists on reddit. The MCU did a great job of taking a mad man and just making him make sense. Given that, being confronted with T'Challa's logic and perspective could absolutely change his mind. That's how I have always seen this interpretation of the character.

• Like 1

https://comicbook.com/marvel/news/black-panther-riri-williams-ironheart-mcu-debut-dominique-thorne/?utm_source=Comicbook.com&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=210819_155101_Comicbook.com Daily Newsletter&utm_content=Link

"We're shooting Black Panther: Wakanda Forever, right now, and the character of Riri Williams, you will meet in Black Panther 2 first," Feige said in an interview surrounding the release of Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings. "She started shooting, I think, this week before her Ironheart series."

VERY interesting...

17 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

I didnt read "anymore" as an implication that he was currently doing it, but that isnt here nor there. 

I don't think his about face as you put it is that unreasonable. Thanos as been portrayed as a man of cold calculating logic. It's why the r/thanosdidnothingwrong sub exists on reddit. The MCU did a great job of taking a mad man and just making him make sense. Given that, being confronted with T'Challa's logic and perspective could absolutely change his mind. That's how I have always seen this interpretation of the character.

I can definitely see it being on a larger side of a stretch, given his convictions.

But I think it just goes to show just how much the right person in the right time can affect the trajectory of your life.
I guess the only issue I had would come from him constantly bringing it up like an indie band he likes at a college party. Like if he was off that life, T'challa showed him the error of it all, you'd think it'd come from more of a place of guilt. Because yeah he already started, he'd of killed billions by the time T'challa would've convinced him. I get why they didn't go for that because this was a fun heist. But instead of defending the plan or still pitching it proudly, you'd think the more natural response would be remorse  / shame. The way he was acting would make sense if they were to continue this string of the multiverse and he'd go back to his mission at some point...him getting the gauntlet and snapping being an "inevitable" thing. Maybe even killing T'Starlord for the soul stone.

But like with the first episode, there are just certain things you gotta just accept at face value.
Like this, or like the dialog can be very hammy overall because they want to get those "iconic lines" in.

19 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

Was wondering, report of them planning to do some shooting on the MIT campus a week or so ago.

Wonder if it’ll be like part of the “Wakandan Science & Research outreach”. Could see them showing her really get comfort seeing Shuri come in and dismantle perceptions about science and what a scientist looks like, as a young black woman around the same age. And maybe they strike up a friendship that will come back in her series a little bit.

Maybe put it near the opening of the film and that’s where Shuri is when she hears her brother died.

You’d figure it’s just her as Riri, no armor yet

9 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

Honestly I could see why some people would have an issue with that. Especially comic readers. The spirit of the character wouldn't allow any logical argument to get in this way of a goal like that. And it's hard to believe that others wouldn't have made a similar argument to Thanos before, if not a better one. It did come off as if T'Challa had a spell on him essentially. 

• Acgott changed the title to The Marvel Cinematic Universe- Silver Surfer cast