The Marvel Cinematic Universe- Robert Downey Jr. cast as Doctor Doom

Acgott

On 3/7/2023 at 3:52 PM, kingseanjohn said:

They still could. The story for Born Again just may not make sense for them.

Jon said he would only come back if they weren't gonna neuter the character. Gives me a little hope, but then again, Cox's recent comments about Born Again kinda worry me a little bit. This is Punisher we're talking about. You can't have Frank offscreening people to death. Even Moon Knight D+-level carnage isn't good enough to do his character justice.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, KManX89 said:

Jon said he would only come back if they weren't gonna neuter the character. Gives me a little hope, but then again, Cox's recent comments about Born Again kinda worry me a little bit. This is Punisher we're talking about. You can't have Frank offscreening people to death. Even Moon Knight D+-level carnage isn't good enough to do his character justice.

I have heard that show might be a bit more episodic, so I'd not be shocked if there was a shorter, bloodier arc with Punisher. Which makes me wonder what different storylines might show up.

Iger doesn't get it.

“What we have to look at at Marvel is not necessarily the volume of Marvel storytelling, but how many times we go back to the well on certain characters,” Iger said. “Sequels typically work well for us, but do you need a third or a fourth for instance? Or is it time to turn to other characters? There’s nothing in any way inherently off in terms of the Marvel brand. I think we just have to look at what characters and stories we are mining.”

Dude, the problem is the quality. 

• Like 2

On 3/9/2023 at 2:01 PM, Bullet Club said:

Iger doesn't get it.

“What we have to look at at Marvel is not necessarily the volume of Marvel storytelling, but how many times we go back to the well on certain characters,” Iger said. “Sequels typically work well for us, but do you need a third or a fourth for instance? Or is it time to turn to other characters? There’s nothing in any way inherently off in terms of the Marvel brand. I think we just have to look at what characters and stories we are mining.”

Dude, the problem is the quality. 

IIRC, he didn't get it before when he was with the Company. 

Anyone following Rascal out the new Red Goblin series?

Best character introduction in a while. Issue 2 comes out tomorrow. Unconnected Symbiote given to Normie Osborne.

Kinda like Peter Parker first becoming Spiderman but younger. With a symbiote thats not connected to the hive. So is like a puppy that needs training. Rascal is spawned from Carnage, Generation 1000. A lot more powerful than Venom and Carnage.

RnPqXVo.jpg

On 3/14/2023 at 12:47 PM, PARROTHEAD said:

Anyone following Rascal out the new Red Goblin series?

Best character introduction in a while. Issue 2 comes out tomorrow. Unconnected Symbiote given to Normie Osborne.

Kinda like Peter Parker first becoming Spiderman but younger. With a symbiote thats not connected to the hive. So is like a puppy that needs training. Rascal is spawned from Carnage, Generation 1000. A lot more powerful than Venom and Carnage.

2 issues. Development and pace for Rascals introduction is fantastic. Sold this would be gold on the screen. Take all 3 of the Spiderman development movies, and this would fit right in that mold.

• 2 weeks later...

So looks like Jonathan Majors might be in some trouble. I like to wait until more facts are out, but it would be interesting to see how the MCU handles their new big bad being associated with that type of issue. 

Hope it turns out to be nothing, but doesn't sound good. 

2 hours ago, JonStark said:

So looks like Jonathan Majors might be in some trouble. I like to wait until more facts are out, but it would be interesting to see how the MCU handles their new big bad being associated with that type of issue. 

Hope it turns out to be nothing, but doesn't sound good. 

I just saw this. Next steps will be interesting to follow.

Hopefully the allegations aren't true.

Interesting development:

“Jonathan Majors is completely innocent and is provably the victim of an altercation with a woman he knows,” Majors’ criminal defense attorney said in a statement to IndieWire. “We are quickly gathering and presenting evidence to the District Attorney with the expectation that all charges will be dropped imminently. This evidence includes video footage from the vehicle where this episode took place, witness testimony from the driver and others who both saw and heard the episode, and most importantly, two written statements from the woman recanting these allegations. All the evidence proves that Mr. Majors is entirely innocent and did not assault her whatsoever. Unfortunately, this incident came about because this woman was having an emotional crisis, for which she was taken to a hospital yesterday.  The NYPD is required to make an arrest in these situations, and this is the only reason Mr. Majors was arrested. We expect these charges to be dropped soon.”

29 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Also reported today that he called the cops because she was in distress.

It’s appearing more likely that he didn’t assault her. I guess we’ll know for sure when the tapes are released. Hopefully they separate and get the help they need. 

Well, Disney really has no choice but to can Majors or basically just admit they’re hypocritical.

Police report contradicts what Majors’ lawyer said.

Police noticed the marks on the accuser.

I hope he does get canned. That character seems too good to waste on him.