The Marvel Cinematic Universe- Robert Downey Jr. cast as Doctor Doom

Acgott

In the latest episode of The Hot Mic Podcast, Above the Line’s Jeff Sneider notes that sources close to him spoke about the many issues that Echo faced. According to Sneider, the series was “plagued by issues” during its production, with Marvel Studios boss Feige not being happy with things at all.

“I heard the show was kind of plagued by issues throughout production,” said Sneider. “I heard that it was a mess, and that the show came in so bad that they basically had to reshoot the entire thing. I’m told that they originally shot 8 episodes, and [Kevin Feige] thought it was unreleasable, so they talked about cutting it down to 4 episodes, or 6 in post. But then they ended up reshooting it, so my source did not actually know how many episodes they wound up with. But yeah, apparently it needed a top-down rejiggering, and that Kevin was not happy with it.”

source

Yikes. That's not good. But it must be good enough to keep otherwise they'd just scrap it for a tax write off. Although there could be something in there significant enough for the larger MCU story to keep the show.

So I finally got around to watching Quantumania today.

Definitely a few things you could nit-pick over...but overall, it wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be going off of some of the reviews I've seen. Could it have been better? Sure. Could they have made Kang more of a threat? Probably. But it wasn't horrible. 

Certainly better than Multiverse of Madness, BP2, or Thor:Love & Thunder

Only ones recently I came away from disappointed was Multiverse of Madness and Eternals, but I still enjoyed them overall. I didn't regret buying the movie ticket.  Just felt like a lot of wasted potential.  I get why people didn't feel Love and Thunder, but it worked for me.  I thought BP2 was a much better movie than the first one personally.  Loved Boseman as BP, but that movie had a lot of issues.

Edit: I should say only movie I came away from disappointed.  She-Hulk fell real flat at the end.  Falcon and the Winter Soldier was very up and down, but it had points I really liked.  It's biggest issue was the terrible Flag Smashers.

Edited by THE DUKE
Clarification
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Holy crap this 3rd Ant Man movie is dreadful. 

Like what is this? Like what the actual hell is this.

960x0.png?height=399&width=711&fit=bound

It looks like they forgot to animate him the night before it was due and just slapped this **** together. He honestly looks like pixilated clip art 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Holy crap this 3rd Ant Man movie is dreadful. 

I still can't believe they left out all the supporting characters that made the first 2 so delightful so they could throw awful CGI at us.

With the rumors of other OG X-Men being in Deadpool, I’m waiting until this movie is released to know the order of which movies to watch the entire MCU in a timeline that makes sense.

I’ll get the three Raimi Spider-Man movies, the Garfield, all the X-Men movies (up to Days of Future Past only), and do a massive binge.

I’m skipping the Disney+ television unless they decide to release physical copies.

I have every movie released on blu ray in the MCU, but haven’t watched anything since the Spider-Man after Endgame.

1 hour ago, Fresh Prince said:

Just watched it two days ago. I don’t think it was that bad, but their was just so much going on.

Way too much. The first 2 are so much better. Replacing hammy villains with end of the multiverse threat Kang and replacing a hilarious supporting cast with random aliens were horrible choices.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, seminoles1 said:

Way too much. The first 2 are so much better. Replacing hammy villains with end of the multiverse threat Kang and replacing a hilarious supporting cast with random aliens were horrible choices.

The supporting cast was where you really felt it. Cassie is mostly insufferable. I did enjoy the movie though, although it has fallen in my rankings once I got past the initial enthusiasm.

I still think that scene in the core was a legitimately great scene though.

Edited by THE DUKE
  • Like 1