The Marvel Cinematic Universe- Robert Downey Jr. cast as Doctor Doom

Acgott

1 hour ago, ET80 said:

Is he too old for the role? I mean, if you're thinking Daniel Day Lewis, you might as well give that check to Hugh Jackman. (61 vs 50). No need to overthink it at that point, go with the guy who defined Wolverine on the big screen.

If the Venom/Spiderman universe is halted, then Tom Hardy makes a ton of sense as the next Wolverine. 

Yeah probably, I imagine they want to go younger for whoever they get. I wasn't really be serious about it... Plus he'd never do it anyway as picky as he is.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, rob_shadows said:

Yeah probably, I imagine they want to go younger for whoever they get. I wasn't really be serious about it... Plus he'd never do it anyway as picky as he is.

25 years ago when the X-MEN world was being created, it makes perfect sense...

It'll probably be someone nobody has really thought of once they head down that path. Kit Harrington would be an odd choice, but could probably pull it off.

4 hours ago, rob_shadows said:

Plus, if DDL actually agreed to do Wolverine, he would probably kill himself trying to actually get adamantium claws for the role.

• Like 5

14 hours ago, seminoles1 said:

Feige said it will still be quite a while before the Fox properties are introduced into the MCU...as in years away.

Sorry to the people wanting/hoping for a tease in Endgame.

I doubt we get a X-Men/FF teaser in Endgame anyway, but I think we will get teases at some point in the next phase.  I doubt we see any dedicated movies for those characters in the next 3 years, but I think we do start getting little things dropped in to set them up like Stephen Strange being mentioned in Winter Soldier.

16 hours ago, seminoles1 said:

Feige said it will still be quite a while before the Fox properties are introduced into the MCU...as in years away.

Sorry to the people wanting/hoping for a tease in Endgame.

Heartbreaking :(

1 hour ago, Bullet Club said:

Heartbreaking :(

It takes years of work for each of these movies to get made.  Millions get spent even in just pre-production stuff.  It's not surprising if they were told to hold off until the merger was final, and now is the time when the process will be gearing up to start that integration.  I would expect we'll start seeing the first announcements about the former Fox properties entry into the MCU sometime in early 2020, with the first releases coming in 2022 or 2023.  In the meantime, cameos and easter eggs will start showing up in the post Engame movies.  Probably not Far From Home, but after that I think the watch can begin for the first tidbits.