The Marvel Cinematic Universe- Silver Surfer cast

Acgott

29 minutes ago, Acgott said:

I believe it was something in Holland’s contract that he only be part of the MCU

Which Holland's agent would have been dumb to not make sure was included in said contract.  Make no mistake, there's more money to be had for Tom and more avenues to be opened up through MCU and Disney than through Sony.

11 hours ago, Acgott said:

They shouldn’t do it, but right now they can’t use Tom Holland in their own Spider-Man universe lol with Venom 2 and Morbius, they may want to use Spider-Man and branch off there. Use the character to pump up the other ones.

It wouldn't be the first time someone thought they could do something better than the other guy.

Sony is raking in the money, sure.  But they could be making more if they owned this outright.  And i'm sure they're sitting there thinking how they could have made Spiderman 1&2 better and made even more money.

So it would shock me if they tried to pull SM back.

On the other hand, they've made Spidey a key character in the new MCU and set him up for more movies.  So there's that.

22 hours ago, theJ said:

Sony is raking in the money, sure.  But they could be making more if they owned this outright.  And i'm sure they're sitting there thinking how they could have made Spiderman 1&2 better and made even more money.

No they wouldn't. Right now they're making a ton of money off both the MCU Spider-Man and their Venomverse films with a planned Spidey-Venom crossover supposedly in the works. If they took back the rights fully, they'd only be making money off of one of those. If not for the MCU deal, they'd still be stuck making the terrible TASM movies, and they'd burn a ton of good will if they rebuked the Sony-Marvel deal and started making their own Spidey films again, not to mention this would be the 4th Spider-Man reboot in 4 years.

They'd be foolish to pull SM back, especially with the MCU Spider-Man films they've already set up. Of course, it's a moot point because it will crack $1 bil (it made $600 mil in a week), hence Spidey isn't going anywhere.

Edited by KManX89

1 hour ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

Yet SDCC isn't even here yet. This is big but I still think we get blown away by something else...

I swear if they don’t announce when X-Men are coming I am rioting.  

Or I would settle for a tease of what they’re building up to.

It’s pretty sad that my most anticipated MCU movie is now Thor 4.  

expecting Marvel to reveal all the phase 4 films, footage/concept art from BW and the Eternals and maybe a big surprise that relates to either X-men/F4(I think they will most likely hold any news on that tho) wonder if the MCU TV stuff will be saved for D23

16 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

I'm atleast expecting Fantastic Four but X men I would be surprised but hey I'm all for it =)

17 minutes ago, August4th said:

expecting Marvel to reveal all the phase 4 films, footage/concept art from BW and the Eternals and maybe a big surprise that relates to either X-men/F4(I think they will most likely hold any news on that tho) wonder if the MCU TV stuff will be saved for D23

Agents of Shield have their panel on Thursday

The Russo brothers have theirs on Friday.

Marvel Studios and Kevin Feige have theirs on Saturday. I doubt anything for the Disney+ shows. The first one Falcon/Winter Soldier doesn’t start filming until October for the August 2020 release.

Im not expecting F4 or X-men announcements 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Acgott said:

Im not expecting F4 or X-men announcements 

Same, figure we get a mild Con from MCU. Fiege has already said he regrets announcing so much so ahead of time when the revealed Panther, Marvel, Inhuman, etc. We probably get more newsy nuggets about what we know is coming. 

• Like 1

In regards to this, I’m expecting Widow and Eternals cast to be officially revealed along with the Shang-Chi actor if he has been cast. Strange 2 is a possibility, but I doubt it’s an Illuminati storyline. GOTG3, Thor4, Panther2 could all be announced, but I’ll think they hold those off.

The big question is if they announce their Avengers 5 setup, which I don’t think thy will.

7 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

I heard XMen wont even be part of phase 4.  Might be awhile until we see the XMen in the MCU.   Thinking 2023 or so might be the soonest.  Maybe to get the bad taste of the last 2 XMen movies out of people's mouths and plan for their entrance into the MCU accordingly.

1 hour ago, FourThreeMafia said:

I heard XMen wont even be part of phase 4.  Might be awhile until we see the XMen in the MCU.   Thinking 2023 or so might be the soonest.  Maybe to get the bad taste of the last 2 XMen movies out of people's mouths and plan for their entrance into the MCU accordingly.

I think it’s a rights or contract issue. Maybe the rights of the former actors has to expire or something?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Acgott said:

I think it’s a rights or contract issue. Maybe the rights of the former actors has to expire or something?

Probably right...but its probably for the best.   Take time to figure out how to use them properly.

• Acgott changed the title to The Marvel Cinematic Universe- Silver Surfer cast