2023 NFL Draft Talk

lumberjackchris

13 minutes ago, redsoxsuck05 said:

Didn't see a game thread lol.

Not much to get excited for here, lol. I was out of town this week, so I didn’t get to it - my bad.

14 minutes ago, redsoxsuck05 said:

I like a lot of your players and think your current talent is distributed in the ideal places for a young QB to succeed.

I appreciate the kind words! I think a lot of the issues start with the HC/OC/DC - just looking at the players, they’re not even in position to make some of these plays. There are a few talented guys, but they seem out of sync.

I think if a reasonably sound coaching staff is brought in, the players will start to improve.

• Like 1

On 11/13/2022 at 11:00 PM, Blaze said:

Just hoping Caserio goes Bryce 1.1 and doesn't overthink it. 

Former/Current Patriot people seem to have an affinity with Nick Saban players. Hopefully Caserio goes to that well. I don’t mind Stroud, but I prefer Young by a significant margin.

2 hours ago, lumberjackchris said:

If we go Bryce, then I want the BPA defensively with the Browns pick, unless our WR1 is there. If not take a WR in the 2nd round. We have to have some more explosiveness out of that group 

I’m willing to let a new scheme come in before I invest on high picks for defensive players - not that this defense doesn’t need bodies (it does). I’d prefer a WR, but the list of names is two guys I’d want (JSN or Quentin Johnson - in that order). This being said, if that Cleveland pick is in the range to land DT Jalen Carter or CB Kelee Ringo? Yeah, pull the trigger. WRs should be available at 32 when we’re up again (Miami has to give up their pick with the tampering case, so 2.1 is going to be picking player #32). If I’m being honest with myself - my ideal draft would have Young, JSN/Johnson and the best available C with 1.1, 1.9 and 2.1 - just overflow the offensive side of the ball with guys who can move the ball and make big plays in the passing game. But, I’d be equally okay with Young, Carter/Ringo, WR Jalin Wyatt and C with the next pick, prob 3rd round.

If anything, use that excess cap space to bring in experienced defenders - go after Jessie Bates, make an offer for A’Shawn Robinson, try to sign Rock Ya-Sin, bring back JJ Watt - get vets and a good scheme in the building, play players to their strengths, let the vets teach guys like Sting, Pitre, Greenard, Lopez, Harris on what to do to become better football players. I think that’s more of a positive use of resources - but I also think you don’t look a gifted horse in the mouth if you have a chance at Carter, Ringo or Will Anderson (Anderson is gone in the top 5, so I doubt he’s a discussion).

On 11/14/2022 at 12:00 AM, Blaze said:

Just hoping Caserio goes Bryce 1.1 and doesn't overthink it. 

I so disagree. I am all on board building the team more and getting QB next season when the the QB's look better. Williams and Maye are both better prospects to me than Young and Stroud. And Richardson should go back to school and if he puts it together he can be a beast. 

I'm not thrilled with either Stroud or Young this year and frankly I don't think QB is even our biggest issue. Give me Anderson or Carter (in that order) and then get Mayer or one of the WRs that actually look to have #1 potential to have a real target that passes can get to.