2023 2 ROUND MOCK DRAFT (VIA FANSPEAK)

Karnage84

• 1 month later...

Not a bad Dolphins draft.  Unless we move on from Tua our only needs should be Center and CB (we pay too much for our top 2 and may move on from 1).  If Tua stinks it up in '22 then I expect the Dolphins to be heavy in the QB market and possibly even giving up both '23 first rounders and a 2nd rounder as well as a '24 first rounder and maybe more to get into the top 2 picks of '23.

If the Bears are picking at #4 and Will Anderson is available then he should be the pick...we will have the cap space to add talent which means when we enter the draft we should be looking to just take BPA where possible and he is 100% that...2nd round I then take a WR like Wicks or Jarrett.

On 5/2/2022 at 11:41 PM, FalconFan13 said:

Not sure what to think about this one now after taking Ridder lol.   Do we really go Qb at 1 and not give the man a chance at this point.   I myself think i might trade down for a MASSIVE HAUIL because some team will want Young Big time at 1 and we can still use some good picks for this team.   Maybe trade down to the 4 to 5  range get a ton of picks and take Will Anderson is what i would do.

You don’t pass up on a franchise QB for the prayer that Ridder can be great. 

A few other thoughts, still absolutely insane to me to see Will Anderson Jr that low.  

8 OT Robert Scott Jr. - New York Jets:  Hopefully that guy is great but Florida State has not had a OT drafted in the 1st round sine 1998.  Not sure Scott is that good honestly, never really stood out last year but will see how he is this season.  

2 EDGE Jordan Burch - Houston Texans:  Yes he has the frame but was not super productive at all last year, he will have to greatly improve to be drafted that highly.  His teammate Jordan Strachan was more productive and has just as much physical upside and he should not be picked this high either.

18 OT Anton Harrison - Las Vegas Raiders:  I did not think he was very good at all last year, his teammate who barely played Morris I think has more long term potentially from what he showed on Tennessee.  

24 CB Clark Phillips III - Dallas Cowboys:  I guess he is a redshirt SOPH so could be in the mix, could be a 1st rounder maybe because he is extremely good and productive.

29 DL Jaquelin Roy - Tampa Bay Buccaneers:  Where is this coming from, he did not show much at all so far in his career I think.  What based off a high school ranking?

31 EDGE Will McDonald IV - Cincinnati Bengals:  He is a hard one to rank, could go way higher and be a 1st rounder, has been wildly productive the past two years getting a ton of sacks and forced fumbles.  

On 8/3/2022 at 9:17 PM, sammymvpknight said:

You don’t pass up on a franchise QB for the prayer that Ridder can be great. 

Now here is the kicker what if you don't view said QB as much more of a Franchise  QB can't miss type prospect than what you already have.   Do you pass on them then and go with someone else you think is a franchise type player at a different position.   In this case say a Will Anderson over a Bryce Young? or do you stick with the idea of you always go QB at 1 if there even if you don't value them as a #1 pick player.

On 8/10/2022 at 5:27 PM, Karnage84 said:

Even if Ridder is a bum and Mariota is a back up? Over potential QBOTF in Stroud/Young?

As said a post or 2 above i would need to view both of them as sure fire elite #1 guys and much much better than what i already have to make that choice.    I do like them but no where near as much as i like Will Anderson as a player and it's not really close.   Im no where near as high on those 2 as some people are though. I personally wouldn't touch a QB in this draft in the top 5 as we sit.   If a prospect like Andrew Luck or Trevor Lawrence was there at 1 then im probably going them no matter what.  As of right now i don't view either Young or Stroud on that level of a QB prospect.   I do like stroud more than i do Young though so far.   By years end i might view both of them higher or i might view different QB's higher than both of them.   Might view a Will Anderson worse than i do now so who knows.  Theirs alot of time between now and then to see how things shake out.