DeAndre Hopkins Suspended 6 Games

Abe56

22 hours ago, Charles said:

Probably an unpopular opinion,  but I think most professional athletes take things they aren't supposed to.  I think they've become good at evading detection. 

The truth is often unpopular.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Dome said:

10 burgers is like a snack to me depending on the strain 

You have a strain that makes you weigh 325 lbs? That’s pretty cool, not sure if I’d use it but… yeah, pretty cool.

14 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

ok

ok, there's all 3 years he has played in the nfl. someone who keeps the data has him #1 every year 

Please understand I am not saying that you are wrong about Kyler it's wrong about Tyler I am just telling you that I do not necessarily place him above Lamar Jackson.

43 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Yeah - hard to not be interconnected. I remember Fuller dropped a statement where he basically blamed Khango for his suspension.

Gotta go to trusted sources, man.

On 5/3/2022 at 12:05 AM, JAF-N72EX said:

I do believe it's true in some cases though. Maybe Nuk is lying but I'm willing give him the benefit of the doubt here.

The PED tests and medical technicalities behind it are so vast and broad in general that all it takes for a player to fail a test is to take a prescribed medicine (from a doctor who isn't fully aware of the policy) while rehabbing an injury, or taking an over the counter medicine in another country without the player realizing it has a banned substance in it. These are just examples but they are real life happenings, and there are many more examples like these.

I mean, look at this long list of banned companies and substances that go along with a strict guideline below. Be honest, how many of these substances/companies have you ever heard of?

This is why it's never a big deal to me whenever a player gets suspended for PEDs unless it's something identifiable like steroids and/or it becomes a reoccurring theme with a particular player. And neither of these fall in line with Nuk. This was the first time he failed a test and it was nothing like steroids.

https://nflpa.com/active-players/drug-policies

https://nflpaweb.blob.core.windows.net/website/Departments/Wellness/2020-Banned-Substances-List.pdf

https://nflpaweb.blob.core.windows.net/website/2020-NFL_NFLPA-Banned-Companies-Final.pdf

Guidelines below.

Reveal hidden contents

4.2 “B” Sample Analysis
The NFLPA shall maintain a non-exclusive list of approved, independent board-certified forensic
toxicologists (“Observing Toxicologists”), which shall be compiled in consultation with the Chief
Forensic Toxicologist and which may not include any person affiliated with a commercial
laboratory. If the Player wishes to have an independent toxicologist who is not on the NFLPA list
observe the “B” bottle analysis, the independent toxicologist must sign an appropriate
nondisclosure and confidentiality agreement with the applicable testing laboratory prior to
scheduling the “B” sample analysis. Any Player who receives written notification of an “A”
positive may either accept the result and discipline, await the results of the scheduled “B” sample
analysis, or have an Observing Toxicologist witness the “B” sample analysis if he makes a written
request to the Independent Administrator within five (5) business days of receiving the notification.

If timely observation is requested, the Independent Administrator will coordinate with the
laboratory and designated Observing Toxicologist to schedule the “B” sample analysis to occur

(2021)

within seven (7) business days of the Player’s request. If observation is not requested, the
laboratory will conduct the analysis as soon as is practicable.

The “B” sample analysis will be performed at the same laboratory that did the “A” sample analysis
according to established analytical procedures. The results will be reported to the Independent
Administrator, who may review them with the Chief Forensic Toxicologist and the laboratory
director as appropriate.

If the “B” sample analysis generates a positive result, and the Chief Forensic Toxicologist certifies
that result, the Independent Administrator will provide written notice, together with appropriate
supporting documentation, to the Parties. (If the “B” bottle test does not confirm a positive result,
only the Player will be notified.) If the Player is subject to disciplinary action, the Management
Council will notify him in writing via electronic or overnight delivery with a copy to the NFLPA.

With respect to Pre-Employment Testing, the procedure set forth above shall apply, except that: (a)
the “B” test will be performed as soon as possible with no Observing Toxicologist permitted; and
(b) upon confirmation of the positive test result, the Independent Administrator shall promptly
notify the NFL Management Council and: (i) all Clubs in the case of a Combine test, or (ii) the
requesting Club(s) in the case of a Free Agent test.

4.3 Medical Examination
The Independent Administrator may, in his or her sole discretion, require a medical examination
such as outlined in Appendix C of any Player who tests positive. The Independent Administrator
will arrange for the examination, and the results will be reported to the Player, the Independent
Administrator and the Club physician. If medical treatment (including counseling or psychological
treatment) is indicated, it may be offered to the Player. Players with a confirmed positive test result
will also be placed on reasonable cause testing at a frequency and duration to be determined by the
Independent Administrator consistent with this Policy.

The Player is responsible for seeing that he complies with the arrangements of the Independent
Administrator for a medical examination as soon as practicable after notification of a positive test.
This requirement is in effect throughout the year.

Players have access to people who can cross check any substance they decide to use so that isn't an excuse. Not doing so is on the players.

Can it happen where someone legitimately didn't know? Sure. But those are extreme outliers

Edited by ILoveTheVikings
  • Like 1