DeAndre Hopkins Suspended 6 Games

Abe56

14 hours ago, FrantikRam said:

Don't look now but injuries and this suspension almost make this trade look passable for the Texans

I don’t think you realize how ineffective David Johnson was. Rex Burkhead outgained him last season and he didn’t start getting offensive plays until week 5. Mark Ingram outrushed him as a Texan last season, and he was traded week 7.

Hopkins would have to go “22 allegations of sexual misconduct” to even out this trade. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Charles said:

Probably an unpopular opinion,  but I think most professional athletes take things they aren't supposed to.  I think they've become good at evading detection. 

Thats what makes it worse. Hopkins looks like a complete moron getting caught for PEDs in the age of microdosing.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, 11sanchez11 said:

it is way more crazy that no nfl player ever successfully appeals. usada did a study on the ufc positive tests and found that about half of them were due to tainted substances.

This is incredibly easy to get around. NFL players just need to keep a spare set of every supplement they take. This is standard advice that high caliber athletes get their entire lives.

Or, they could get their vitamins/supplements from a list of pre-approved vendors - USADA will literally give you a compound by compound list of where to go and get stuff that will keep you from popping positive.

18 hours ago, JAF-N72EX said:

Maybe Nuk is lying but I'm willing give him the benefit of the doubt here.

He's claiming that he'll be able to identify it based on getting his supplements tested. If the same substance is there, they'll find it.

18 hours ago, JAF-N72EX said:

This is why it's never a big deal to me whenever a player gets suspended for PEDs unless it's something identifiable like steroids

That's silly, because it's far easier to test positive for things that are indicative of steroid use. The half-life of testosterone in vivo is an hour or two IIRC, so you'd have to be testing within a few hours, up to maybe a day of use to see something. 

Things like LH-inducing hormones are far easier to detect, and unless a mid-20's male athlete is actively trying to become pregnant and carry a child in their non-existent uterus, there is no reason to suspect anything other than steroid use. It's still overwhelming evidence of steroid use.

Edited by ramssuperbowl99
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Charles said:

I think they've become good at evading detection. 

For HGH, absolutely. 

Any small molecule, no way. We've got limits of quantitation on the pg/mL scale now for some of these compounds, that's 100-1000x sensitivity on methods that are even like 10 years old.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, ET80 said:

Hopkins’ former teammate Duane Brown did:

https://www.foxsports.com/stories/nfl/report-texans-duane-brown-gets-ped-suspension-overturned-due-to-bad-beef

Bad beef - aka the Canelo Alvarez excuse.

"Brown is recovering from quad surgery and is hoping to be ready for the start of the season. Brown's appeal included receipts for 10 hamburgers"

Hungry Food GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:
On 5/3/2022 at 1:05 AM, JAF-N72EX said:

This is why it's never a big deal to me whenever a player gets suspended for PEDs unless it's something identifiable like steroids

That's silly, because it's far easier to test positive for things that are indicative of steroid use.

200.gif

12 hours ago, Dome said:

"Brown is recovering from quad surgery and is hoping to be ready for the start of the season. Brown's appeal included receipts for 10 hamburgers"

Hungry Food GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

He weighs like, 325 lbs. 10 burgers is like a snack to him.

• Like 1