Where do you rank them?

bruceb

Where do you rank them?  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Where do you rank them?

• Posted ranking sounds about right
    • I think they should be ranked higher. Please say how much higher and/or over whom.
    • I think they should be ranked lower. Please say why.
    • Way too soon to tell.

Here is one source's view:

Rank

Cleveland Browns

Previous rank: No. 14

The Browns remain an impossible team to rank in this exercise given what we don’t know about Deshaun Watson. The quarterback remains in limbo on account of the 22 civil lawsuits alleging sexual assault and misconduct, as well as the ongoing league investigation. Will he even play in the 2022 season? And if he doesn’t, how much can we realistically expect from a team -- 8-9 a year ago -- being led by Jacoby Brissett? Well, they do have Baker Mayfield, but the team will throw an anniversary halftime celebration for the 2000 Super Bowl champion Ravens before the former No. 1 overall pick plays another snap in Cleveland. The Browns have the chance to be an AFC superpower in the years to come, but they remain a messy proposition in the here and now.

I pretty much agree with this assessment.

What do you think?

With Watson, I think we’re super bowl caliber.

I’ve made this comparison before, but I think we’re very similar to the Eagles super bowl winner. Elite in the trenches, physical run game, and potentially fantastic secondary. I guarantee we run RPO’s like they did.

watson is only 500against are division

kc is clearly better than us

baltimore with there better qb plus the best draft in a 10 year period is clearly better

Cincinnati if you are asking me to pick against the afc representative in the super bowl against a 333 win pct in the playoffs yes again.

Buffalo in january against DEshaun the spot would be 30 plus points

denver Russell wilson against DEshaun beat him by 21

brady and rodgers teams would be clear favorites.

ok there is 7 with a healthy and playing deshaun.

I'd guess 8-10.

I'd like to see if they can stop the run.

I'd like to see our defensive scheme on 3rd and 4th down. We still gonna play off coverage?

I'd like to see if a healthy Conklin/Wills improve the pass pro.

I'd like to see what kind of upgrade Cooper is over Landry.

The best weapon is still Chubb. Receivers are still mediocre. Pass pro may not be great and Watson takes a lot of sacks.

LB and DT could be an issue. Will anyone take pressure off of Garrett? Doubt it.

I could see winning the division or finishing 3rd. I could see a 3 seed or missing the playoffs.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

I'd guess 8-10.

I'd like to see if they can stop the run.

Agree. 

I'd like to see our defensive scheme on 3rd and 4th down. We still gonna play off coverage?

Yep. Nothing like 8 yards deep on 3rd and 5

I'd like to see if a healthy Conklin/Wills improve the pass pro.

I'd like to see what kind of upgrade Cooper is over Landry.

Cooper should make the offense more dynamic. Also it will be interesting to see what step DPJ takes, he could end up being a top 12-15 reciever in the nfl if he booms on his potential. He has shown a lot each year.

The best weapon is still Chubb. Receivers are still mediocre. Pass pro may not be great and Watson takes a lot of sacks.

LB and DT could be an issue. Will anyone take pressure off of Garrett? Doubt it.

We need Clowney back. Chase to sub for Garrett is an improvement and then Wrighr as our other end reserve is probably an improvement over the 4th de we have had.

I could see winning the division or finishing 3rd. I could see a 3 seed or missing the playoffs.

We have a ton of potential on defense. We could have a legit no fly zone if our corners stay healthy and we figure out how to use our safeties. 

We will need our pass rush to be good as a group and then excellent with myles Garrett. If the the coverage can help the rush and the rush help the coverage it will be great. 

I am more concerned with balt than any other team. They can pound the rock 

• Like 2

Idk about power ranking but we’re definitely not the only AFC team that got better. 

Think Cincinnati, Baltimore, Kansas City, Las Vegas, Denver, Buffalo, LAC, and Indianapolis are just as good of squads if not marginally better. Not to mention Tennessee, New England, and Pittsburgh are always decent. 

The QB addition is huge, but we need to see how the team gels before we’re already claiming to be SuperBowl caliber. Idk if we’re even a playoff team until I see some wins. It’s going to be brutal this year and lots of good teams are going to have records that aren’t indicative of the talent level of the team. 

3 hours ago, mtmmike said:

watson is only 500against are division

kc is clearly better than us

baltimore with there better qb plus the best draft in a 10 year period is clearly better

Cincinnati if you are asking me to pick against the afc representative in the super bowl against a 333 win pct in the playoffs yes again.

Buffalo in january against DEshaun the spot would be 30 plus points

denver Russell wilson against DEshaun beat him by 21

brady and rodgers teams would be clear favorites.

ok there is 7 with a healthy and playing deshaun.

Excellent post.

Little cold and slanted, but excellent!

With Watson we are a dangerous team (in more ways than one). I still don’t love our receivers but I do think we are in the top 8 overall, somewhere. As long as the defense keeps up with where they left things last season.

Without Watson, we are a less dangerous team (etc). As stated I don’t think there is much special about our receivers. And we showed we can’t just run the ball to death every single game and be an elite offense in todays game. Have to stay balanced. I don’t think we are a playoff team without Watson.

4 hours ago, NateDawg said:

With Watson we are a dangerous team (in more ways than one). I still don’t love our receivers but I do think we are in the top 8 overall, somewhere. As long as the defense keeps up with where they left things last season.

Without Watson, we are a less dangerous team (etc). As stated I don’t think there is much special about our receivers. And we showed we can’t just run the ball to death every single game and be an elite offense in todays game. Have to stay balanced. I don’t think we are a playoff team without Watson.

It would be nice if Coopwr could step up to his potential with like 1200 yards and DPJ and 800-1000 yards 

They havent got any additional tightens so I think we are going to have a 3 wr offense.

it is going to be interesting 

1st point if conklin goes down so will deshaun are tackle play las year was below average.

special teams the most improved part of the team we lost 2 games because of kicking.

wr interesting berry started out with 2300 yards with landry and obj plus 

Njoku started out at 600 plus yards this means 3000 yards before hunt 

Cooper if we stay this way cooper gets a double team every play he only got 800 yards with Ceedee lamb on the other side this are weakest position on the team even if Mahomes was hear.

DL incomplete there is  a good chance Clowney comes back but we lost Mcdowell really like Winfrey but I do not have him as a difference maker in the run game.

conclusion if Winfrey does not step up in a big way this could be a long season for the browns.