Jets 2022 General Talk

Bobby816

2 hours ago, xrade said:

You just described Baylor’s whole WR game plan.  He is tall and fast which is something that can’t be taught. The question is can he learn what is needed?  Can the coaches coach him up?  If so, he may be a decent receiver. If not, he’ll join a long list of failed WR’s that are physically gifted but can’t play in the NFL.

This is the year he has to prove it. No excuses.  His physical skills and college production (regardless of the school) should earn him the right to earn that playing time considering the poor situations he started out in over the last two seasons. 

Regardless he needs injuries to get snaps. He’s not beating out Davis, Moore and Wilson. And he has a completely different game than Berrios, so depends on even who gets injured who will get the opportunity to step up.

Which TE do you think will get the most targets in this offense?   

2021 stats

CJ Uzomah - 16 Games 49 Rec 63Tgt 0 Fum  493 RecYds 5 TDs

TY Conklin - Tyler Conklin 17 Games 61 Rec 87 Tgt 0 Fum 593 RecYds 3TDs

2 hours ago, famousj said:

2021 stats

Uzo. But I do expect us to spread the ball around. I see no TE eclipsing 500yds and no WRs getting 1,000. But I see them all getting in on the action.

6 hours ago, famousj said:

2021 stats

I'm guessing 450 Rec yards for Uzo (who'll have more targets by a decent margin for the position) and 300 for Conklin

On 5/27/2022 at 11:40 AM, KingOfNewYork said:

Mims falls short in the mental aspect, physically he’s everything you want. Still it’s too early to give up but he has to show something this season. He also needs to be given a chance and not this 3rd team BS either. I did see a clip where he looked really fluid in his movement which I think shows an improvement on his route running, particularly his short routes which are a staple of the offense. 

I agree with this. Mims had every reason to be played last year but between the drops, horrible routes and penalties the coaching staff thought he was a detriment to Wilson's development. That's why scrubs were played. No excuses alot of it was mental and not part of some learning curve or sick time. Make or break year. The coaching staff should know his strengths and weaknesses by now. Give him around 25% of the snaps to start with some routes he runs well and see what he can do (optimistic number). Go from there. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, famousj said:

2021 stats

Hands down - Travon Wesco. The Jets have been “hiding” him like a boxer going easy in the first few rounds. He will be unleashed this year. Or not. 

This team is still built around the run so expect Hall and Carter to be the focus. And after that the WRs are a strength. Now since Moore and Wilson are young. I don’t think we expect the Chase/Jefferson impact from either of them bc that’s not our game style. But they can be huge contributors. The TEs for me will be more the redzone guys, move the chains targets and all of them are good blockers.

The best part about the way JD has built this team is we have no weakness now. Every level of the game we are strong at now. We will always be run 1st but we have the OL and RBs to do that effectively. Teams try to then stack the box… we have the WRs to win 1 on 1s.

In turn there’s no more excuses for QB play now. Wilson can’t not be good. Especially with young QBs succeeding young these days. Burrow, Herbert, Jackson, etc all played at a very high level year 2. And player personnel isn’t an excuse anymore. We’re even a team that’s built that if an injury in nearly any area were to happen… it shouldn’t break us. We should still be good.

No TE is worth anything in this O. This team is going to be a ground and pound team. I would be surprised if Wilson throws more than 30 passes in a game. I think Hall and Carter eat up most of the plays this year. Sal came from the 49ers who love to run the ball and bubble screens. 

5 hours ago, jetfuel34 said:

No TE is worth anything in this O. This team is going to be a ground and pound team. I would be surprised if Wilson throws more than 30 passes in a game. I think Hall and Carter eat up most of the plays this year. Sal came from the 49ers who love to run the ball and bubble screens. 

49ers also loved to throw to Kittle as often as possible when not running... and succesfully too... also while Saleh was there. TE will be an active part of the game.  Uzomah and Ruckert were not brought in to be blocking TEs. 

14 hours ago, dcat said:

49ers also loved to throw to Kittle as often as possible when not running... and succesfully too... also while Saleh was there. TE will be an active part of the game.  Uzomah and Ruckert were not brought in to be blocking TEs. 

All 3 of our TEs are well rounded. There's no guy that is strictly only a good blocker but cant catch. A guy that cant block but can catch. All 3 can do everything you want, so we aren't a weaker team when any of them are on the field.

Saleh confirmed what I said regarding Sauce. He will NOT be given the starting CB job over Hall. He will have to win it.

That being said... I think there's no question Sauce wins it. But he wont be handed it.

Also look out for Pinnock beating out Joyner at FS for us.

LaFluer might be the biggest catalyst for Zach’s success. This is fantastic, we got a good one. When was the last time you could say that about our OC?

Someone want to start a OTA/training camp thread? Always enjoy seeing this content.

1 hour ago, NJC33 said:

LaFluer might be the biggest catalyst for Zach’s success. This is fantastic, we got a good one. When was the last time you could say that about our OC?

Someone want to start a OTA/training camp thread? Always enjoy seeing this content.

I think it will be a good year for us. Maybe not W/L wise... but we will be better. And since we're more on the map now with people respecting how we're building a team. I can see LaFleur getting a HC gig next offseason. Which would mean Wilson and the offense played good. So it's just part of the coaching tree. Good coaches get promoted.