Jets 2022 General Talk

Bobby816

11 hours ago, Abe56 said:

Because Joe Flacco is f’n horrible and playing him is the same as giving up.  And the Steelers are currently reeling themselves

I guess I am looking at the safety of our supposed franchise QB as more important than trying win a football game.  I just assume we would be lucky to sniff 500 this year and losing or winning one game is not as important than the safety of our fragile QB.

And lets not fall into the "reeling team" trap again.  Many thought the same thing with Cincy.  With the way the Jets are playing, they would lose to Florham Park High.  Flacco is terrible, no doubt, but lets not assume Zach comes in and the OL plays insanely better and the D decides to play real football and not this vanilla **** we keep seeing.

Just now, xrade said:

I guess I am looking at the safety of our supposed franchise QB as more important than trying win a football game.  I just assume we would be lucky to sniff 500 this year and losing or winning one game is not as important than the safety of our fragile QB.

And lets not fall into the "reeling team" trap again.  Many thought the same thing with Cincy.  With the way the Jets are playing, they would lose to Florham Park High.  Flacco is terrible, no doubt, but lets not assume Zach comes in and the OL plays insanely better and the D decides to play real football and not this vanilla **** we keep seeing.

It's NFL tackle football. Every player is subject to injury every game. Can't not play a guy bc the risk of getting injured.

1 minute ago, Bobby816 said:

It's NFL tackle football. Every player is subject to injury every game. Can't not play a guy bc the risk of getting injured.

There's risk, then there's the Jets OL which is more of a risk.  In fact, it is almost a guarantee that Zach is going to get the snot beat out of him.

I guess if I had confidence this team could start to play better, I would not even question it.  But seeing how our D is just crap with all the talent we have leaves me feeling like, well, every year.

1 minute ago, xrade said:

There's risk, then there's the Jets OL which is more of a risk.  In fact, it is almost a guarantee that Zach is going to get the snot beat out of him.

I guess if I had confidence this team could start to play better, I would not even question it.  But seeing how our D is just crap with all the talent we have leaves me feeling like, well, every year.

I think you're over exaggerating this. Mitchell has held his own and the RG, C and LG are our starters. So he's a 'huge" risk back there bc we're going to be playing a scrub LT for a week maybe? Not buying it. Game plan for it, if they're that worried about it. Give him TE help. Work roll outs more to the right. Etc.

1 hour ago, xrade said:

Like it was already said, 3 of the 5 regular starters are playing and Mitchell has outplayed 2 of them as the 4th.  Is LT situation ideal, no but maybe Remmers can slide in for a game and just be decent.  Also with Flacco’s immobility and terrible pocket presence maybe made the line look worse than what it is.  Zach is very capable of getting on the move and making throws outside the pocket.

Well I just read the report why Q-Williams and the DL coach Aaron Whitecotton got into it. On the 54 yard TD play to Boyd Whitecotton sent 7 on a blitz and Williams wanted to only send 4 because he thought the DL could get to Burrow with 4 instead of 7. WHAT THE BLEEP are you talking about Williams. You guys NEVER get pressure with 4 guys. That is part of the problem. Maybe Williams if you EVER got off a double team like all pro bowl DL man do and get the QB. I'm starting to hate Williams more and more. 

39 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

I dont want Zach to get hurt but he's gotta play if he's healthy. Season is over already but maybe he can spark the offense to get some momentum. 

We need to start going a lot more balanced on offense. I want more runs and RPOs now with Zach. Let that set up more of the down field passing game. Manufacture touches for Moore and Wilson too. I hope Brown is healthy soon because we need a boost to that left side. Tomlinson has been a major bust. Zach will extend plays but we need him to protect the football. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ekill08x said:

We need to start going a lot more balanced on offense. I want more runs and RPOs now with Zach. Let that set up more of the down field passing game. Manufacture touches for Moore and Wilson too. I hope Brown is healthy soon because we need a boost to that left side. Tomlinson has been a major bust. Zach will extend plays but we need him to protect the football. 

I agree on manufacturing touches for guys, I'm shocked at the low amount of screens we've run along with RPO's. LaFleur has shown he can be creative but it's usually too late. I hope when Zach returns we put defenses on edge instead of the other way around. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

I agree on manufacturing touches for guys, I'm shocked at the low amount of screens we've run along with RPO's. LaFleur has shown he can be creative but it's usually too late. I hope when Zach returns we put defenses on edge instead of the other way around. 

Maybe when it comes to passes, but those end arounds and jet sweeps have been potential drive killers. I'm cool with keep our plays in front of the sticks until he can prove otherwise.

15 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Fant to IR. Feel bad for him between the contract year, position flipping fiasco and him playing hurt since the beginning. 

I feel bad for him that he’s hurt. But he wanted to get paid after only 1 good season in his whole career and took a couple times to social media about it. And he’s been awful this year, proving last year was a fluke. So while I’m not happy he got injured for obvious reasons. I am happy we aren’t going to be tricked into paying him now.

2 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I feel bad for him that he’s hurt. But he wanted to get paid after only 1 good season in his whole career and took a couple times to social media about it. And he’s been awful this year, proving last year was a fluke. So while I’m not happy he got injured for obvious reasons. I am happy we aren’t going to be tricked into paying him now.

He sucked likely cause he's been playing hurt since the spring. I dont think it proved anything of a fluke at all. Wanting to get paid is fair IMO cant knock him for that, \\.

1 hour ago, KingOfNewYork said:

He sucked likely cause he's been playing hurt since the spring. I dont think it proved anything of a fluke at all. Wanting to get paid is fair IMO cant knock him for that, \\.

In theory no. But when you’ve been in the league for 6 years and only one of them was good…. I shouldn’t get a big contract for that 1 year. He also was above average last year. Wasn’t like he was great.