Jets 2022 General Talk

Bobby816

4 minutes ago, Sapo28 said:

Brown is eligible to return this week... Not sure if he'll be able to go or how that clarifies the RT spot? Flip AVT to RT?

Brown,Tomlinson, Mcgovern, Herbig, AVT

Probably best case scenario if Brown is ready but I have my doubts.

21 minutes ago, Sapo28 said:

Brown is eligible to return this week... Not sure if he'll be able to go or how that clarifies the RT spot? Flip AVT to RT?

Brown,Tomlinson, Mcgovern, Herbig, AVT

Thats pretty rough to ask AVT to start at another spot, which would his 4th in a year and quarter or so into his career

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

Imagine if as a 2nd year player we gave him the weapons we’ve given Wilson this year. What a different career trajectory he would’ve had. And us for that matter as a team.

Bad GMs. Always had talent but I was always worried if he was cerebral enough to be a starting QB. He made some low IQ plays. Good for him though. I still hope we go in there and destroy them. I am so sick of the Seahawks. 

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

Imagine if as a 2nd year player we gave him the weapons we’ve given Wilson this year. What a different career trajectory he would’ve had. And us for that matter as a team.

I agree, we talk about that early in his career. he had the worst weapons in his early years. Great to see him have a great game.

47 minutes ago, doumeyer said:

I agree, we talk about that early in his career. he had the worst weapons in his early years. Great to see him have a great game.

We not doing this lol. He got pieces each year, his third year he had Decker, Marshall, Enunwa but he got beat up by IK and Fitzpatrick took his spot and he never got it back. Glad he found his game though, perseverance is admirable. After stops with the Giants and Chargers it could have been over but he kept playing, got his chance and has done well this season. 

It’s going to be interesting how we play the OL this week. Brown can actually be activated, but I believe I read he’s still not ready. We have our 2 FAs who we signed last week that could possibly be ready. McDermott is a choice again, who actually held his own in the 4th quarter. I do try ink we keep AVT at LT until Brown or Fant are back. Can’t see us moving him back to RG for anyone else. So it’s more of who starts at RG and RT for us.

25 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I do try ink we keep AVT at LT until Brown or Fant are back. Can’t see us moving him back to RG for anyone else. So it’s more of who starts at RG and RT for us.

AVT may be the best LT ATM, but the two we signed are OT's as is McDermott.  I don't think they would keep AVT at OT and try one of the other three at OG.  I think two of the three will be manning the OT spots.  When Brown comes back, whoever is at LT sits.  When Fant comes back, whoever is at RT sits.

The Jets iOL is just as bad as OT right now.  Tomlinson and McG are not playing well.  At least AVT gives something to iOL.  If you put one of the three OT's at RG - oh boy - what a **** show that will be.

If we play Ogbuehi or Remmers over McDermott, I have to question JD's reason for keeping him.

I think it will look like this

AVT-Laken T-McG-Harig-McD.

Once Fant comes back he will take McD spot. If Brown comes back he will take AVT spot moving AVT back at RG and McD stays at RT. Man if Becton was just healthy and played up to his level it would change A LOT!! Becton and Brown as our bookends and Fant as the swing. Mitchell is playing well so even if Brown plays like crap you could go into next year with Becton and Mitchell. I still have faith in Becton but he needs to start putting the time in ASAP!