Jets 2022 General Talk

Bobby816

6 hours ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Ulbrich doesn’t understand that even if Q need a break the alternative is Nathan Shephard. Q might not finish(get sacks) but he’s disruptive. 

Fresh bodies in there is great when you have guys at similar or close to equal value rotating in. But stars you don’t take out. If Q is winning at a high rate. He doesn’t need to be taken out unless he’s tired. This whole rotation thing on the DL is getting out of hand with us.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Fresh bodies in there is great when you have guys at similar or close to equal value rotating in. But stars you don’t take out. If Q is winning at a high rate. He doesn’t need to be taken out unless he’s tired. This whole rotation thing on the DL is getting out of hand with us.

Yup, it's also difficult for DL to establish any sort of rhythm by constantly being pulled out. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

They need to rotate more situationally on key downs best guys have to be out there

16 hours ago, Abe56 said:

Ulbrich has got to be the first to go

Here is a chart from an ESPN analytics guy, not some Jets homer, Q has been arguably the 2nd best DT in the NFL, he just doesnt get nearly the reps of others

Hoping something clicks with him.

MLF called awful games early last season and that’s part of why Wilson looked so bad to start his career. When Wilson went down he made adjustments with White and Flacco and kept those adjustments when Wilson returned. And that’s why we saw better QB play for us since that rough start last year.

Ulbreich to me is garbage. But as a fan I hope he makes those adjustments we saw MLF did on offense this year. We have talent. Now use it CORRECTLY!!!

1 hour ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Watching Nathan Shephard try and penetrate the pocket on a crucial 3rd down is franchise malpractice. Two of QWill, JFM and Lawson need to be out there at all times. There was one third down that was huge in which all 3 were off the field. They’re our best DL and need to be carrying this defense. 

We might actually have a solid D if:

1- our best players on the DL (the unit that makes this outdated scheme work) are actually on the field the majority of the time

2- we mix up coverages

3- we send an extra man every now and then and maybe try to disguise it, ah second thought, that is too complex. screw disguising it. telegraph it for all I care just do it. 

4- bench Joyner and take whitehead out in certain coverages and put the better athletes at S. Also try Bryce Hall there. Dude is 6'1 200 and can cover. Try him at single high. Ever watch him tackle. His technique is very good and he doesn't often miss like the other slap ***** we are throwing out there. Will Parks, Ashtyn Davis...TONY MFing ADAMS! There is no way they can be worse than Joyner and Whitehead in coverage. It is broken...FIX IT. 

17 hours ago, rickyt31 said:

And so it begins. I just don't like coaches that throw people under the bus like that. I can understand if they're getting dragged out there, but Q isn't one of those guys. 

Players vs DC. And hate to break it to the staff but the players are right. You have 3 great CBS in man coverage. Let them play man. Your Safeties are best in the box. Stop making them cover guys all the time. Stop rotating the DL guys who are great. Let them stay in unless they’re tired. Bench Joyner already. Doesn’t take a genius to see these things.

• Like 1

Ulbrich is a terrible DC, if Saleh wants to be a CEO he needs to make changes.

The Jets could instantly improve the DL by doing this.

DE-Carl Lawson, Bryce Huff

DT-Quinnen Williams, Rankins

DT-JFM, Thomas

DE-Jermaine Johnson, Michael Clemons, Martin

JFM belongs at DT, not DE, too slow. Bryce Huff should get some playing time over Martin, he offers some bend and explosion. Start Jermaine Johnson at DE with Michael Clemons rotating.  

It is not that hard, yet they won't do it. THey keep playing a DT at DE, when we have better athletes to get on the field at DE and JFM at DT is better at getting to the QB. 

• Like 2

I've been expressing my frustration all offseason with Ulbrich. The defensive roster is talented enough to be a good defense. It's all coaching to me. 

My eyes are focused on Z.Wilson now. Although he wasn't the QB I wanted, I know he can be good. I just don't agree with the way we started his development his rookie offseason. So I realized I can't blame him for the issues he had. Hopefully, the first drive of preseason isn't a reflection of where he is mentally or he's not seeing "ghosts" after his injury.