Jets 2022 General Talk

Bobby816

The Jets are playing really well right now. I'm shocked at the turn around so far. I think Brown playing LT really helped out a lot too that people are over looking. This OL has had so many moving parts so far I hope we have no more injuries on the line. AVT is just a stud period!!! I knew Hall and Gardner would be All Pro. I was so happy when we got them. Then you add Wilson who has a good shot at being All Pro too. I still thionk Gardner is a generational player that will change football. His size at 6' 3" 200 pounds running a 4.4 is going to make D guys want more of these on the field. Zach Wilson has come around but when he throws that ball I'm still holding my breath hoping it is not picked. 

10 minutes ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

Does anyone have All 22 or “advanced stats” of the WRs? I’m still dying to know if they were open or covered and I want to know what’s going on with Moore. 

Hopefully it’s a simple playcalling issue and they need to shorten the routes. 

I think Moore can be good but I think they just have better options first with Hall running and catching and Wilson being the #1 WR then you add Davis who will get his too. I just think Moore is lower on the order now that is it. 

2 minutes ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

Does anyone have All 22 or “advanced stats” of the WRs? I’m still dying to know if they were open or covered and I want to know what’s going on with Moore. 

Hopefully it’s a simple playcalling issue and they need to shorten the routes. 

None of our WRs qualified for NFL next gen stats (5 target min).

Moore is filling the vertical void in the offense. Part of me thinks MLF is struggling with the whole 'too many mouths to feed' dilemma, and maybe favoring more defined roles for Moore/Wilson/Davis as a way of simplifying his play sheet. Lack of designed quick developing routes is strange to me, especially against that Miami secondary.

1 hour ago, GangGreen420 said:

Encouraging. Zach's pocket presence has been the biggest improvement this year. Hasn't panicked. Made some nice throws down field and on 3rd downs. The TDs will come but I thought he played well yesterday. His athleticism is helping us win and he isn't holding us back. Keep progressing. 

1 hour ago, NYJets4716 said:

I think there is a chance that Wilson ends up the best QB from that draft. Lawrence will be solid, but he is not the generational talent he was hyped up to be. Mills probably ends up a backup long term.

Mac Jones will be solid. 

Zappe gonna make sure Jones never plays again. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, NYJets4716 said:

I think there is a chance that Wilson ends up the best QB from that draft. Lawrence will be solid, but he is not the generational talent he was hyped up to be. Mills probably ends up a backup long term.

Mac Jones will be solid. 

Never liked him from day one. I was hoping the Pats stick with him. BB knows Zappe can at least manage a game. 

13 minutes ago, Mattmanz said:

When Quincy gets healthy, what do we do? I like what I've seen from Kwon lately. We can't sit him for Quincy, I kinda wish they'd sit Mosley for him when he gets back.

I like the Kwon and Mosley combo. I thought when we signed him he’d take over for Quincy even if he was healthy.

25 minutes ago, Mattmanz said:

When Quincy gets healthy, what do we do? I like what I've seen from Kwon lately. We can't sit him for Quincy, I kinda wish they'd sit Mosley for him when he gets back.

Quincy may be a better fit for this D, but he is too reckless. He is kind of like Daniel Bateman (John Favreau) in “The Replacments”. Coaches value players that know what to do even if they can’t physically do them. Then there is the $ thing.

We’ll have to wait until next year to see an upgrade at LB. 

11 hours ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Mosley has not been his best self for us but he hasn't been awful. Him getting beat by fast guys isn't something other linebackers dont struggle with. It's really the inconsistencies in the run game with him. He has to improve there. 

Exactly. That's a scheme issue not a Mosley issue. Mosley isn't supposed to be on any guy that runs a sub 4.4 pretty much.

This is the equivalent to getting upset that Moore and Berrios aren't winning jump balls down the field against 6'2" CBs and Ss.

• Like 1