Jets 2022 General Talk

Bobby816

2 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

I know it’s only been a few weeks…. But why don’t we use Uzomah at all in the passing game? Seems we only keep him in to block. Should’ve just spent that money elsewhere if that was the case.

I’m not sure that was the plan prior to game 1. With all the OL injuries, LaFleur had to change his game plan. I’m pretty confident the O wanted to feature both Conk and U.

Another side effect of having a poor OL. 

11 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

I'm not saying this to keep up with my trash talking for good luck, but I do feel like next week is going to be rough. We've beaten Trubisky, Brissett, and Thompson. Rodgers is going to eat that zone defense up. 

Dillon will have 120 on the ground and Jones 100+ from screens. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

I'm not saying this to keep up with my trash talking for good luck, but I do feel like next week is going to be rough. We've beaten Trubisky, Brissett, and Thompson. Rodgers is going to eat that zone defense up. 

Not sure his WRs know how to sit down in zones. So if we can stop Jones and Dillon, we might be ok.

5 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Crazy stat is today through 5 games have equaled our INT total for all of last season.

Don’t expect that number to rise with the king of rare INTs next Sunday.

The Jets have been creating turnovers this season, it helps when you have a DL that actually gets pressure on the QB and we have really talented CBs. 

6 hours ago, NYJets4716 said:

The analytic squad bashed us for trading up for AVT, we clearly did well on that trade considering how valuable AVT has been for us.

They also bashed us for trading up to get Breece Hall. Hall isn't just any RB, he is a complete game changer RB. 

JD gets it. You don’t just trade up bc you like a player. The value has to be so good to where you think they’re a steal to give up picks to go get them. And he’s proven that his 3 trade ups in the last 2 drafts have been worth it. Bc don’t forget we traded up for JJ as well this last draft. And his value that late was incredible 

• Like 1

Interesting stat the commentators brought up during the Dolphins game:

Prior to that game, we had 6 players with 15+ receptions. The next highest team(s) had 3.

By the end of last year we had maybe one guy who was worth throwing the ball to. It's great we finally have options.