Jets 2022 General Talk

Bobby816

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

No big loss I agree with. But it’s more of why are we keeping old vets when we’re already 6 deep at DE. For a young TE with some talent and is learning a new position. 

Our PR has not exactly been lighting up so I guess it’s a “let’s see what Curry can do” situation. And as far as Cager and Mims, we have three good starters plus Berrios plus two good RB’s, plus arguably two better TE. Mims and Cager don’t have a shot to play. If the situation were reversed, we may be talking about the opposite. Age should have little to do with it when talking about backups to backups. 

1 minute ago, rickyt31 said:

I'm really interested in seeing what we do this offseason. Especially with AVT. 

I think Herbig has been starting material. OT is more important id love to keep AVT on the outside and let Becton, Brown battle out for LT. Mitchell has proven he can start too, redshirt the rest of this season to get stronger and then we just need to figure out Center. 

2 minutes ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

I think Herbig has been starting material. OT is more important id love to keep AVT on the outside and let Becton, Brown battle out for LT. Mitchell has proven he can start too, redshirt the rest of this season to get stronger and then we just need to figure out Center. 

Herbig has been great. A great surprise. I'm not ready to bank on Brown returning yet. He's playing well, but he's 37. If he retires, I wonder if we would give AVT a chance at LT. 

7 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

Herbig has been great. A great surprise. I'm not ready to bank on Brown returning yet. He's playing well, but he's 37. If he retires, I wonder if we would give AVT a chance at LT. 

Herbig has been a pleasant surprise like Mitchell was. Opportunity is 1/2 the battle

1 hour ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

I honestly think we deserve to be favored against DEN.  I hope we smother their offense.

We might be able to play them the same way we played the Packers. My concern is we need Wilson to connect with his WRs early. I hope we get at least one of the WRs going. 

Vegas losing tons of money bc of us this year. I believe they set the line at 5.5 wins for us for the whole season. I think we've been the underdog in every game this season and have 4 wins. And they're still not learning their lesson bc they have DEN favored by 3.5 this next week.