Jets 2022 General Talk

Bobby816

13 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Imagine if as a 2nd year player we gave him the weapons we’ve given Wilson this year. What a different career trajectory he would’ve had. And us for that matter as a team.

IK kinda derailed everything, would have loved to see him with a healthy BMarsh and Decker

I'm very skeptical of Geno still.  Great start but these guys are pros and are all capable of having great stretches.  Not sure we'll be talking about Geno as a top 10 QB at the end of the year but he's goes look like he could be that Alex Smith/Jimmy G type QB that is good enough to win with in the right situation which is a huge upgrade from where he was prior.

I just saw these numbers on Sauce:  25 Snaps (20 Press) - 3 Targets - 1 Reception - 5 Yards. 

He has played 250 snaps meaning that he has only played 10% man.  So, he gives up 1 reception on 25 snaps playing man (4%). He has played 225 snaps in zone (90%) and allowed 11 completions (5%) for 124 yds.

Looking good so far but I wish they would play him in man more often.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, xrade said:

I just saw these numbers on Sauce:  25 Snaps (20 Press) - 3 Targets - 1 Reception - 5 Yards. 

He has played 250 snaps meaning that he has only played 10% man.  So, he gives up 1 reception on 25 snaps playing man (4%). He has played 225 snaps in zone (90%) and allowed 11 completions (5%) for 124 yds.

Reed is a great man cover guy too. I get that we have a system. But to not use guys to the best of their abilities is poor coaching.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, xrade said:

You play him in man then everyone else is in man and Joyner/Whitehead/Linebackers have shown they cannot cover effectively and we don’t blitz enough to force quick passes. Imagine Mosley/Whitehead chasing Gesicki on Sunday all game cause we wanna man up our corners more lol. I hate our scheme but we’re stuck with it.

1 hour ago, KingOfNewYork said:

You play him in man then everyone else is in man and Joyner/Whitehead/Linebackers have shown they cannot cover effectively and we don’t blitz enough to force quick passes. Imagine Mosley/Whitehead chasing Gesicki on Sunday all game cause we wanna man up our corners more lol. I hate our scheme but we’re stuck with it.

I guess I don’t understand why we can’t put Reed and Sauce on an island and let the others play zone. Is that possible?

Also, Kwon and Sherwood should be able to drop into man, no?

Just now, xrade said:

I guess I don’t understand why we can’t put Reed and Sauce on an island and let the others play zone. Is that possible?

It would take a lot more communication than a Robert Saleh defense has. With the amount of motion teams use, RPO’s and other facets there’s way more room for a breakdown. The happy medium is match coverage but the offense can dictate who gets put into space easier than traditional man. 

2 hours ago, xrade said:

I would love this and I think after this Miami game, we're going to play more Man with our CBs. Our CBs proved they can can play man and are highly confident. If the WRs they want to shut down are finding the gaps in the zone and trash talking, that's going to frustrate them.  Ulbrich will call cover 2 at the worst time and Waddle/Hill will fly by them. 

10 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I have a hunch that Brown will be starting for us Sunday at LT. 

Maybe its me, but Brown did not look all that great in his limited preseason appearance.  Hopefully, it was just rust and he will get better as the season progresses.  We really need him to step in and play well.  I just don't think he is going to do that, at least not right away.

This is probably just my Jets negativity rearing its ugly head again.

3 minutes ago, xrade said:

Maybe its me, but Brown did not look all that great in his limited preseason appearance.  Hopefully, it was just rust and he will get better as the season progresses.  We really need him to step in and play well.  I just don't think he is going to do that, at least not right away.

This is probably just my Jets negativity rearing its ugly head again.

I mean the OL isn't going to be a strength until we're healthy again. Which no ones injury was season ending.

Whatever we decide (which we wont know until game day) we have to trust and actually Herbig wasn't awful at RG and McDermott wasn't awful at RT.

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

I mean the OL isn't going to be a strength until we're healthy again. Which no ones injury was season ending.

Whatever we decide (which we wont know until game day) we have to trust and actually Herbig wasn't awful at RG and McDermott wasn't awful at RT.

McG and Tomlinson are my biggest concerns ATM.  I expect McD to suck and if he sucks a little less than normal - bonus.  Herbig played fairly well considering.  I think the best we can do ATM is AVT at RT, Herbig at RG, McG - OC, Tomlinson - LG, and Brown - LT.  I believe Herbig is a better OG than McD, Ogbehi and Remmers are at RT.

I just hope JD addresses the OL even more next offseason.  We need a new OT and OC.  I hope he does not trust Becton.  We may need a new LG if Tomlinson doesn't pull his head out of his ***, maybe Herbig?

• Like 1

Just a hunch but I think AVT gets to cross off one more position on the OL on Sunday.  Herbig RG with AVT at RT is my guess.  

Brown, Tomlinson, CMG, Herbig, AVT

AVT with zero RT snaps is still better than McDermott with experience so I think they plays the best 5.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Rockice_8 said:

Just a hunch but I think AVT gets to cross off one more position on the OL on Sunday.  Herbig RG with AVT at RT is my guess.  

Brown, Tomlinson, CMG, Herbig, AVT

AVT with zero RT snaps is still better than McDermott with experience so I think they plays the best 5.

I think that might be the case too. Just depends on who we value more. Herbig or McDermott.