2023 Draft Talk

swede700

2 hours ago, swede700 said:

I know a lot of people will probably criticize that take, but he's already 25 yrs old...and it's no wonder that he was able to be pretty dominant...he was a man amongst young men.  He is what he is physically at this point.  As it is, Burrow and Mahomes are only a year or 2 older than him.  

Then you know what, I’ll take the man amongst young men. Numbers don’t lie. It is what it is.

if Hooker only plays for 10 years, and wins us 1 SB ring. That would make him better than any other QB we had. There is no prize for 2nd place.

And, by the way, you have to have a high draft pick to hopefully hit on a stud QB. And I don’t see the Vikings tanking anytime soon. 

31 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

I’m liking my prediction of Richardson being the 2nd QB off the board more and more. 

Young to Houston
Richardson to Indianapolis

As long as we don’t take him, I don’t care what team takes him. Remember, numbers don’t lie. 

28 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

On some level it would just be fun to watch Jefferson with a QB that has special arm talent.

Bennett had the same mph throw at 59.  Not sure how long they have been doing that or what other QBs had this year or years previous. 

Levis had a so so day I thought, looks great from the torso up in the photo here, but if one watches the throws, his footwork is pretty bad, he has small feet I would say for a "bigger" QB.  I like him in the interview but his mechanics I think suck and he does not have near the arm talent people say he does.  Has a bad follow throw as well, odd release at times and his deep ball was suspect as was throwing to his left I believe.

My guess is Richardson shows way more arm talent in the field drills.

Was funny Thielen they talked to a bit on the coverage, he said he believes Aaron Rodgers retires....odd he actually commented but that was his take.  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, battle2heaven said:

He said he really liked josh downs, right?

He did not really answer that question, sure he said that but then talked about Flowers who Steve Smith liked etc.  He was put on the spot and obviously does not memorize all these receivers, sure he liked some but it is hard with those numbers and being on the field, doubt one could spot guys as easily as on TV where they tell you who is up all the time.  

Interesting when he said with Jefferson he knew three reps in practicing with Jefferson route running with Kirk that Jefferson was going to be a good player.  But there is a difference between knowing someone will be ok, good, great and Hall of Fame....  Not sure he could predict that one off three reps.

He spoke well though I thought, probably has a future in TV if he wants one.  

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, battle2heaven said:

Numbers lie all the time lol what is this nonsense. 

I probably said that wrong. The IMPORTANT numbers matter. 53.8% completion percentage. You have to be accurate to be a successful QB. Bottom line.

2 hours ago, Vikes22 said:

As long as we don’t take him, I don’t care what team takes him. Remember, numbers don’t lie. 

Numbers do lie.  The top 5 players in career college completion percentage are Will Rogers, Colt Brennan, Colt McCoy, Kellen Moore and Graham Harrell.

As far as YPA, which is a better stat, you have Mac Jones, Tua, and Kyler at the top, but then they are followed by Grayson McCall, Ryan Dinwiddie and Ty Detmer. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Vikes22 said:

I probably said that wrong. The IMPORTANT numbers matter. 53.8% completion percentage. You have to be accurate to be a successful QB. Bottom line.

Brett Favre's completion percentage at Southern Miss was 52.4%.

• Like 4