2023 Draft Talk

swede700

8 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

In a piece for NFL.com, Lance Zierlein explored potential teams to select Richardson and he believed that the Vikings are a “sneaky interesting” landing spot:

“I think this would be a sneaky-interesting landing spot for Richardson — if he were to make it all the way to No. 23, which seems like a long shot in itself. Kirk Cousins would clearly be the starter in 2023, which would allow Richardson a chance to take mental reps for an entire season before potentially taking the reins in 2024 with some talented pieces around him.”

It isn’t the most likely scenario, but anything can happen in the NFL draft. Nobody thought Aaron Rodgers would fall to 24th overall in 2005 either.

https://vikingswire.usatoday.com/2023/03/03/vikings-anthony-richardson-sneaky-landing-spot/?utm_campaign=trueanthem&utm_medium=trueanthem&utm_source=facebook&fbclid=IwAR3P0fotBTf4CM5ir5GywjNDsOHu56_q2B3ok476I2uIHHs3hu5Ib_rHK9Y

Ive heard hes been interviewing extremely well at the combine.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

he's the Anti-Daunte.

Don't get me started there.  😂

I just can't wait to see when he goes #4 overall or something and people complain again about how the Vikings never draft QBs and should have traded up to get him...neglecting the fact that getting up that high is probably virtually impossible unless they trade both the 2024 and 2025 1st rounders along with probably their 2024 2nd rounder as well with #23. 

Edited by swede700
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, swede700 said:

Don't get me started there.  😂

I just can't wait to see when he goes #4 overall or something and people complain again about how the Vikings never draft QBs and should have traded up to get him...neglecting the fact that getting up that high is probably virtually impossible unless they trade both the 2024 and 2025 1st rounders along with probably their 2024 2nd rounder as well with #23. 

I’ll say right now that he’ll be the 2nd quarterback taken, at least. 

I admit I get excited about defense come draft time because I don't believe signing a FA defender typically yields high-end results, bang-for-the-buck. If you trade for a defender, like Jared Allen, or a Jalen Ramsey, you often get reasonable value, but at a veteran price.  I don't see one of the NTs performing at a level I'd currently say is worth #23.  But, Dione White, Van Ness and Dexter are working themselves into the condo as 5Ts.

The alternative move is ILB.   Who's got that speed and production to warrant #23?

Of course CB is a consideration, but there seems to be a larger quantity of DBs so there should be some really good kids lasting into Rds 3 and 4.  Think Tariq Woolen types . . . Brents from K-State comes to mind.  

21 minutes ago, ArcticNorseman said:

But, Dione White, Van Ness and Dexter are working themselves into the condo as 5Ts.

I would love a 5 tech. Whites age scares me a bit for a 1st rounder. Van ness seems destined for top half of round 1, and dexter while tests well, didn’t show too much on film to be a 1st round pick either. 

Bresee is another option. And we could always go with the outlier in Kancey for interior pressure. 

4 minutes ago, battle2heaven said:

I would love a 5 tech. Whites age scares me a bit for a 1st rounder. Van ness seems destined for top half of round 1, and dexter while tests well, didn’t show too much on film to be a 1st round pick either. 

Bresee is another option. And we could always go with the outlier in Kancey for interior pressure. 

Forgot one that has probably worked his way into the convo now:

Adetomiwa Adebawore

• Like 1