2023 Draft Talk

swede700

4 minutes ago, VikeManDan said:

Jack Campbell from Iowa is very intriguing. Late 1st is likely his ceiling and I doubt he falls out of round 2.

I just cant drop that high of draft pick on a 3-4 off ball ILB. 

I just can't, it goes against everything I stand for.

24 minutes ago, wcblack34 said:

My worry is that he'll spend too much time on the trainer's table, and that's not something our secondary can afford. Dantzler, Booth and Evans are all guys with now significant injury histories. Taken alone, Forbes seems worth the risk. But taken with the other CBs on the roster, I'd have reservations. 

He hasn’t missed a game in 3 years and he played in the SEC. I think he’s durable, even with his slim frame. I’ve seen players that weigh much more, who couldn’t stay on the field. Being slim doesn’t make him less durable in my opinion. Like I said, he’s never missed a game. My overall point is: I think college film is a better indicator of how a player will perform in the league, than his weight at the combine. 

Edited by Purplepride323

5 hours ago, VikeManDan said:

Jack Campbell from Iowa is very intriguing. Late 1st is likely his ceiling and I doubt he falls out of round 2.

I think Campbell's the main guy I'd look for at ILB too, but I like Henley out of WZZU for the 3rd pick.  So, balancing needs, ILB isn't really needed unless we trade or cut Kendricks (which is quite possible).  Before I'd jump too high onto the ILB bandwagon, I'm thinking there's gotta be some Pro-Day studs that'll show.  So, if a small-school guy who didn't get invited to the Combine knocks it out of the park on his pro-day with a sub-4.45, hops and footwork, I'd be all for a 4th round expenditure.

On 3/2/2023 at 12:45 PM, swede700 said:

Even though Stroud's still on the board, I'm taking Richardson.  His ceiling is significantly higher...and while I'd prefer not to generalize, there hasn't been a QB from Ohio State to ever accomplish anything...even one of their most famous ones, sucked at what got him kicked out of the league and ended up going to prison for 10 yrs for.  

So, what is his ceiling?? Richardson had a completion percentage of 53.8%. That is horrible. 17 tds to 9 ints. That’s not good either. Don’t get caught up in all the hype about “ ceiling “. The pick would Stroud and it’s not even close.

If we are looking at QB, I think trading back to the end of the 1st and picking Hendon Hooker would be a great pick.

I’ll take the QB that has a completion percentage of 68.8 over the last 2 years to go along with 6080 yards and 58 tds to 5 picks. And over a 1000 yards rushing combined over that time as well. 

let Hooker sit for a year ( and heal to 100 % ) and be the future for the Vikings.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Vikes22 said:

So, what is his ceiling?? Richardson had a completion percentage of 53.8%. That is horrible. 17 tds to 9 ints. That’s not good either. Don’t get caught up in all the hype about “ ceiling “. The pick would Stroud and it’s not even close.

If we are looking at QB, I think trading back to the end of the 1st and picking Hendon Hooker would be a great pick.

I’ll take the QB that has a completion percentage of 68.8 over the last 2 years to go along with 6080 yards and 58 tds to 5 picks. And over a 1000 yards rushing combined over that time as well. 

let Hooker sit for a year ( and heal to 100 % ) and be the future for the Vikings.

First the Love Boat, now Hookers???

• Like 1