2023 Draft Talk

swede700

5 minutes ago, CriminalMind said:

So from the full game cut up I have seen, he seems to give into the DL pressure too easily (too often and when not really needed), and flushes out/up (typically vertically), with little gain. I would rather see a QB sit back more often and continue to deliver the ball down field (even if some sacks come with it). So that's like me perceiving him as "rushing his decision making" which by extension means his internal clock is running a bit too fast. It is correctable? maybe ... but if could be closer to arm strength, sometimes you have it and sometimes you dont.

Off of your board entirely, based on a single game cut up and a flaw that you think might even be correctable?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, JDBrocks said:

Off of your board entirely, based on a single game cut up and a flaw that you think might even be correctable?

A fair bit of full game cut ups. I dont like the principle of trading down, its trade up or stay put, for me. And I prefer to not take him at #23 even if he makes it there. It's just my assessment. 

• Like 1

Just now, CriminalMind said:

A fair bit of full game cut ups. I dont like the principle of trading down, its trade up or stay put, for me. And I prefer to not take him at #23 even if he makes it there. It's just my assessment. 

Ok. So if he was hypothetically there when the Vikings pick in the 3rd round would you take him?

1 minute ago, JDBrocks said:

Ok. So if he was hypothetically there when the Vikings pick in the 3rd round would you take him?

Hypothetically, depends if Vikings traded up for another QB, or if they took another QB at #23, or even if they still had the 3rd rounder. But if sure, the juice would be worth the squeeze

It's easier to teach a guy to slow down his internal clock than to try and speed it up.  Plus, does anyone know how his offensive line performed at Kentucky?  That's going to have a lot more influence than anything. 

10 minutes ago, swede700 said:

Plus, does anyone know how his offensive line performed at Kentucky?

In 2022 it was poor. A lot of Levis’ tape in 2022 should be taken with a grain of salt, imo, because of how poor his supporting cast was. Kentucky lost a fair amount of talent to the 2022 draft, and the transfer portal.

Honestly, if Levis had known that Coen was going to leave for the Rams in 2022, he probably would have declared for last year’s draft. 

Edited by SemperFeist
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, battle2heaven said:

Yeah I agree here. He probably should have anyways.

Probably, his skill set alone would have made him the top QB taken. 

But, he had something going with Coen and he was developing nicely. I can easily understand why he stayed. It’s just unfortunate for him that his coach didn’t feel the same. 

4 hours ago, SemperFeist said:

Will Levis has been mocked to the Vikings so much lately, that at this point it’s either a brilliant smokescreen, or the worst kept secret in the league. 

Personally, I’m all for it!

All for the pick, or the smokescreen? :)

• Like 1