2023 Draft Talk

swede700

1 minute ago, wcblack34 said:

DRAFT SZN: The time of year for implausible trade scenarios and GM disinformation. 

Yeah...and just wait until the last 2 weeks before the draft.  It's why that nonsense about the Panthers debating about whether they'll take Stroud or Young is just that, nonsense.  They already know who they're taking. 

Edited by swede700
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, swede700 said:

Yeah...and just wait until the last 2 weeks before the draft.  It's why that nonsense about the Panthers debating about whether they'll take Stroud or Young is just that, nonsense.  They already know who they're taking. 

They knew who they were taking, when they traded up to #1

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, CriminalMind said:

They knew who they were taking, when they traded up to #1

Now had the Raiders or Browns made the trade, it would only be fitting for them to pull a Mike Tice and not get the pick in on time because they couldn't decide who to take. That's the kind of drama I'd be down to watch in prime time.

1 minute ago, wcblack34 said:

Now had the Raiders or Browns made the trade, it would only be fitting for them to pull a Mike Tice and not get the pick in on time because they couldn't decide who to take. That's the kind of drama I'd be down to watch in prime time.

That's one thing that's been lost with this new generation of GMs, the chaos...often, it seems that there is less drama as each year goes by, mainly because teams seem to be more analytical and transparent with each other.  There is less secrecy amongst themselves (and even with the media in some cases), so we don't often get nearly as many surprises as we used to.  I can't imagine there'll be any Clelin Ferrell-type picks this year, but it'd be nice if we did.     

• Like 1

1 minute ago, swede700 said:

That's one thing that's been lost with this new generation of GMs, the chaos...often, it seems that there is less drama as each year goes by, mainly because teams seem to be more analytical and transparent with each other.  There is less secrecy amongst themselves (and even with the media in some cases), so we don't often get nearly as many surprises as we used to.  I can't imagine there'll be any Clelin Ferrell-type picks this year, but it'd be nice if we did.     

That's why the Panthers haven't come right out and said "we're drafting -------." The League wants to project some sense of surprise...even though we know the Panthers already know. They'll also go through the theater of waiting until they're almost out of time. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, swede700 said:

I can't imagine there'll be any Clelin Ferrell-type picks this year, but it'd be nice if we did.     

I’m actually expecting one or two of those types of picks. There aren’t many blue chip players, so we could easily see a “surprise” pick or two. 

1 minute ago, SemperFeist said:

I’m actually expecting one or two of those types of picks. There aren’t many blue chip players, so we could easily see a “surprise” pick or two. 

Yeah and so many of the players at the second half of the first we could see in the second round and vice versa. I just don’t really see the surprise being at the top of the first.

22 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

what does the draft class of next year's QB's look like...?

awesome...? average...? a couple of stars...?

Potentially very good. Probably another 4-5 1st rounder deep class. Although next year will have Caleb Williams who is far and away the top prospect. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

Potentially very good. Probably another 4-5 1st rounder deep class. Although next year will have Caleb Williams who is far and away the top prospect. 

If next years class were able to come out this year,

Caleb Williams
Bryce Young
CJ Stroud
Drake Maye
Anthony Richardson

Bo Nix, Michael Pratt, Michael Penix could all be 1st rounders.

Some other big names out there... Spencer Rattler, Jordan Travis, JJ McCarthey, & Jayden Daniels could all look to improve their stock this year.
Really its an all around better class, not that they will all be stars, but there is some talent out there.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

Yeah, it looks to be a pretty deep class with Williams at the top...and then you have Drake Maye (UNC), Michael Penix (UW), Bo Nix (Oregon), Quinn Ewers (Texas), Tyler Van Dyke (Miami), Grayson McCall (Tyler Thigpen U),  Shedeur Sanders (Colorado), KJ Jefferson (Arkansas), and another Huard, Sam, son of Damon  (Cal Poly), amongst others.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, swede700 said:

Yeah, it looks to be a pretty deep class with Williams at the top...and then you have Drake Maye (UNC), Michael Penix (UW), Bo Nix (Oregon), Quinn Ewers (Texas), Tyler Van Dyke (Miami), Grayson McCall (Tyler Thigpen U),  Shedeur Sanders (Colorado), KJ Jefferson (Arkansas), and another Huard, Sam, son of Damon  (Cal Poly), amongst others.

oh c'mon, we have to get that guy. just the name alone.

47 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

what does the draft class of next year's QB's look like...?

awesome...? average...? a couple of stars...?

From what ive heard and read both Drake Maye and Caleb William would go above any QB in this years draft class. Both A prospects.

• Like 1