2023 Draft Talk

swede700

50 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

so then.... draft a QB next year and let him sit behind a one year veteran rental...?

This is another reason why Id take Bijan Robinson if hes available or another WR. Youre essentially setting up "your guy" to have the best chances of success.  An Offense that features JJ / KJ / TJ / Bijan or JJ / KJ / TJ / & one of Johnstone / JSN / Addison with a pretty much intact Offensive line should allow the team to go all in for the QB next year

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Boda said:

This is another reason why Id take Bijan Robinson if hes available or another WR. Youre essentially setting up "your guy" to have the best chances of success.  An Offense that features JJ / KJ / TJ / Bijan or JJ / KJ / TJ / & one of Johnstone / JSN / Addison with a pretty much intact Offensive line should allow the team to go all in for the QB next year

Maybe not Bijan but a WR that’s worthy of the pick I can get behind. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Sad People said:

Maybe not Bijan but a WR that’s worthy of the pick I can get behind. 

Thats fine, Im just higher on Bijan than most. He'd be more than a RB in this offense, he was one of the best pass catching backs & had one of the highest missed tackle rates.  I definitely think a WR should be the play though.  Also something to think about is if said Rookie shows out it probably allows the team to not have to overpay to keep Osborn(maybe KJ will be reasonable with his contract)

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Boda said:

Thats fine, Im just higher on Bijan than most. He'd be more than a RB in this offense, he was one of the best pass catching backs & had one of the highest missed tackle rates.  I definitely think a WR should be the play though.  Also something to think about is if said Rookie shows out it probably allows the team to not have to overpay to keep Osborn(maybe KJ will be reasonable with his contract)

Reasonable for a young starting WR is still a lot. Not against a round one WR but at the same time, we really need to invest in the defense. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

Reasonable for a young starting WR is still a lot. Not against a round one WR but at the same time, we really need to invest in the defense. 

It is a lot easier for a young QB not to be behind every game.....so, agreed.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, vikingsrule said:

Defense definitely needs investment but outside of the 1st this year and whatever they end up having to trade to move up for said QB you can spend the next 2 or 3 years focusing eclusively on the Defense as the Offense would/should be set for the next decade maybe RT & one of the guard spots would need to be addressed as well

1 hour ago, swede700 said:

I’m still passing. It’s not so much his size, it’s his length that concerns me. 

He may be the same height and weight as Aaron Donald, but Donald had significantly longer arms. And I have yet to see anything from Kancey that would suggest he’s even close to matching Donald’s strength. 

3 hours ago, SemperFeist said:

I’m still passing. It’s not so much his size, it’s his length that concerns me. 

He may be the same height and weight as Aaron Donald, but Donald had significantly longer arms. And I have yet to see anything from Kancey that would suggest he’s even close to matching Donald’s strength. 

Very good points . . . Which is why we look at Ade A.  He's faster, longer, quicker.   Now, does he bring the Johnny R. or Aaron Donald MIND with his game?

6 hours ago, Boda said:

He’s not that great tbh. I think he will just be a middle of the pack guy in the league. 

6 hours ago, vikingsrule said:

Yep. I’m old enough to remember the Dennis Green Vikings knowing that they’d probably lose if they didn’t score 40.