Fantasy Football 2022 General Discussion

NYRaider

On 9/20/2022 at 9:12 PM, mattyice0401 said:

Now thats a great effin question.

Viking fan in me says JJ, first reaction was Amon Ra.

Detroits D is trash still, so I am feeling this will be a high scoring game.  I expect JJ to blow up like AJ Brown did week one but also expect ARSB to have another big week.  At some point his streaks have to end, and given these streaks are tying  NFL and Lions records, I would play the NFL history odds that this week or next he does not score a TD and has fewer than 8 catches.  

7 hours ago, Tyronnosaurus said:

PPR, choose one for a FLEX spot.

Sterling Shepard vs Cowboys

Nelson Agholor vs. Ravens

Corey Davis vs. Bengals

Depending on who is healthy, I would lean Shepard.  Davis had big stats but on 2 catches and one big play for the most part.  Shepard has consistent targets from Jones but if Wandale Robinson and Toney are healthy, he may lose a few targets.  But he seems to have the highest floor and their ceilings are all TD dependent. 

7 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

Detroits D is trash still, so I am feeling this will be a high scoring game.  I expect JJ to blow up like AJ Brown did week one but also expect ARSB to have another big week.  At some point his streaks have to end, and given these streaks are tying  NFL and Lions records, I would play the NFL history odds that this week or next he does not score a TD and has fewer than 8 catches.  

Do you know where Amon Ra lines up? Is he a slot receiver, or does he line up on the outside, or all over? Because our nickle corner, Chandon Sullivan, is pretty bad.

10 minutes ago, mattyice0401 said:

Do you know where Amon Ra lines up? Is he a slot receiver, or does he line up on the outside, or all over? Because our nickle corner, Chandon Sullivan, is pretty bad.

He moves around but tends to typically play from the slot and runs a lot of crossing and shorter routes with an average depth of target of 6 yards.   

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Sllim Pickens said:

Depending on who is healthy, I would lean Shepard.  Davis had big stats but on 2 catches and one big play for the most part.  Shepard has consistent targets from Jones but if Wandale Robinson and Toney are healthy, he may lose a few targets.  But he seems to have the highest floor and their ceilings are all TD dependent. 

Davis is definitely the better WR of the three. He’s due for a more consistent game. The splash play guy is Nelson. As for Shepard, I think he is total trash honestly. Might offer a decent floor, but were here to win. 

1 minute ago, BayRaider said:

Davis is definitely the better WR of the three. He’s due for a more consistent game. The splash play guy is Nelson. As for Shepard, I think he is total trash honestly. Might offer a decent floor, but were here to win. 

Davis had 4 targets last week and if not for a complete busted coverage, he is trash last week.  Shepard is not a great WR but none of the Giants WR are any good and he is getting the biggest share of targets.  Eventually that will come with a TD as well.  Agholor is the worst player and the least consistent so wouldnt even consider him at this point.  Davis is exciting after his one big play but he isnt consistent and thats why he was on waivers in a bunch of leagues until last week. 

3 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

Davis had 4 targets last week and if not for a complete busted coverage, he is trash last week.  Shepard is not a great WR but none of the Giants WR are any good and he is getting the biggest share of targets.  Eventually that will come with a TD as well.  Agholor is the worst player and the least consistent so wouldnt even consider him at this point.  Davis is exciting after his one big play but he isnt consistent and thats why he was on waivers in a bunch of leagues until last week. 

In 20 Round Drafts, Davis was 100% drafted, around Rounds 14-16. Shepard was never ever drafted. He is a total bum. 

6 hours ago, BayRaider said:

In 20 Round Drafts, Davis was 100% drafted, around Rounds 14-16. Shepard was never ever drafted. He is a total bum. 

He is, but he has more targets than Davis.  A lot of things change from the middle of training camp to now.  Everyone thought he would be buried behind Golladay, Toney and Tobinson and here he is getting more looks than all of them, who likely got drafted right around Davis or higher. 

On 9/22/2022 at 2:05 AM, Tyronnosaurus said:

PPR, choose one for a FLEX spot.

Sterling Shepard vs Cowboys

Nelson Agholor vs. Ravens

Corey Davis vs. Bengals

Davis is trash and will be an afterthought in the Jets offense going forward with the emergence of Garrett Wilson.

Shepard is trash and may at least see some targets as the Giants receiving core is trash.

Agholor is trash and likely not going to be targeted much in the Patriots offense, but has some big play potential.

I don’t know who is available in your league for free agents, but I’d have to think there is a better option in free agents lol. If I had to pick one of the three options I’d go with Shepard.