Fantasy Football 2022 General Discussion

NYRaider

45 minutes ago, GHARMON9 said:

Currently up 101.52 to 94.88..

I have Deebo Samuel and he has Brandon Aiyuk.. This can go sideways.

Nah, he's banking on some freakish outlier td value here and I'm not sure the 49ers can even score multiple touchdowns lol. I was bullish about Aiyuk's value with Lance, but with Jimmy back there we are back to what we have seen the last couple of  years. Deebo's touches are way up this year over last year because they have to have him in the backfield already. 

• Like 1

One guy I’m glad I didn’t let the experts talk me in on was DJ Moore. He burned me every year before this one. He’s not good for fantasy. And overrated in real life too. I own Moore 0 of 106 drafts. Because I know what he is. Mostly 4 points a week with a few spike games. 

18 hours ago, mattyice0401 said:

Damn Daniel Jones. 

I think the implication is the RBs are scoring less than ever--not that Barkley is being held back by Jones. He is apparently the top scoring runningback through four weeks

It seems to me that scoring is down league-wide. My is sense that the proliferation of two high has brought down scoring, and teams have opted for short passing instead of running the ball more.

• Like 1

Left 50+ points on my bench in my Big Money league... still won by over 30 this week.

Still holding 2 QB's right now because I'm not ready to trust Russ... and Goff has been damn good the last several.

I'm currently in a holding pattern - minus that I may put a (really poor) waiver claim on Dallas' defense even though they're on bye before too long, because I've got the Saints.. and so are they.  But I'll take the sack base line that Dallas is putting up to ensure I don't get goosed by my defense on a weekly basis.

But otherwise, with Patterson going down injured and onto the temp IR, I was content to drop him for Michael Gallup as WR depth.  I may yet still shop Josh Jacobs, but I'm also content to go week-by-week at this point waiting for the right opportunity to trade him (and seeing if McDaniels actually follows the trend that the week he actually decided to ride Jacobs as a bell cow, they actually won their only game of the season so far).  So really, I'm only making offers that are outlandish to see if people bite (I offered Jacobs straight up for Kelce this week - and don't expect it to go through, at least this week, because I'm facing that guy this coming week).  That said, the dude in said offer, has only 2 RB's on his roster and 3 TE's, and while he has Jonathan Taylor - he's knicked up and has been a bit hit and miss this season.  To be honest, if he were to counter next week at Kelce for my Mixon, I'd probably bite because I don't know how much I trust the Bengals to be able to run effectively behind that OL - or for Burrow to not continue to audible away from running plays to empty-set passing plays as much as he has.

9 hours ago, Rich7sena said:

I think the implication is the RBs are scoring less than ever--not that Barkley is being held back by Jones. He is apparently the top scoring runningback through four weeks

It seems to me that scoring is down league-wide. My is sense that the proliferation of two high has brought down scoring, and teams have opted for short passing instead of running the ball more.

It would be naive to say Daniel Jones hasn’t caused Barkley some reduction. Daniel Jones is terrible. Defenses can focus of Barkley no problem. Imagine Barkley on the Lions with that OL and weapons, jesus. Goff is not that good but miles better than the Buffon known as Daniel Jones. 

On 10/3/2022 at 5:24 PM, BayRaider said:

One guy I’m glad I didn’t let the experts talk me in on was DJ Moore. He burned me every year before this one. He’s not good for fantasy. And overrated in real life too. I own Moore 0 of 106 drafts. Because I know what he is. Mostly 4 points a week with a few spike games. 

I like Moore. He’s not an WR1, but he’s been an WR2-3 through the years for me. He’s in a tough situation but I do suspect things will get better, and he’s still a very talented young player for dynasty. 

On 10/2/2022 at 5:00 PM, Forge said:

Trying to acquire Kamara from another owner and hoping for the best (he's got a great matchup for next week, so nice to have that if he plays) In the short term, I'm replacing Taylor with Mostert, which is not ideal. 

Made this work. Cousins + Mike Williams + Edmonds for kamara + Pittman. 2 QB league, so the cousins thing hurts more than it seems like

4 hours ago, NYRaider said:

How do we feel about Gabe Davis ROS? Is it time to panic?

I wouldn't panic yet, but definitely know where that button is. He is dealing with an Ankle injury and reaggravated it last week during practice. I think once he's healthy he can contribute in a big way. Just have a back up plan for now.