Fantasy Football 2022 General Discussion

NYRaider

On 11/1/2022 at 7:03 AM, mattyice0401 said:

Isaiah Likely a worthy flex play this week?

I picked him up to monitor that situation. It will be in serious consideration if Andrews is out. He's the guy I may replace Taylor with this week (though Taylor is currently injured, so it may not matter anway) 

full PPR , how would you rank these players? who has the most ceiling 

George Pickens- Claypool is gone. Pickens and Pickett duo should get stronger as the year goes on. 

Josh Palmer- should be a solid flex play while Williams is out. I don't really need a starter now

Darnell Mooney- he's starting to make a comeback. I think Claypool will help get the defense off him. Fields is starting to figure it out. Bears schedule is getting softer and they play the Lions during championship week. 

Romeo Doubs- coming off his best game. Can he build off the game and emerge at Rodgers to go WR. 

Terrance Marshall- this is my sleeper pick up. He was a 2nd round pick, and just had 9 targets. Panthers have no TE, no slot WR. Robby Anderson and CMC both were traded with all those targets. Panthers look better with a new coach. The team sucks, so they will be throwing the ball. I really liked Marshall as a prospect, I think he will be a hot community in the next week or 2. 

Jameson Williams- when will come back? I dropped him a few weeks back and idk If he coming back. If he isn't back until December and the Lions are still horrible, they might just rest him. 

Van Jefferson- didn't do much his first game back, but I think he will get stronger as the year goes on. 

Chase Claypool- he might shine in Chicago. See above, soft schedule and play the Lions during week 17. 

11 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

@tyler735 Told you I would have bet my house on Thomas not being a Top 50 Fantasy WR this season, yet you defended him like crazy out of pure bias. The man has zero passion for football. He is Trent Brown. 

“out of pure bias” 

The guy had 3 touchdowns in the 3 games he played before getting hurt. He was very productive before getting hurt. Wild to think he’s about to get surgery on a toe injury just “to get out of playing football” according to your delusional logic. Unfortunately he has become injury prone at this stage in his career.

But hey congrats on your Raiders getting their cheeks clapped against the Saints last week. Was cool to see the Raiders finally cross midfield on the final possession of the game. Seems all that money you guys spent on Adams and Waller is paying off this year 😂

Edited by tyler735
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, tyler735 said:

“out of pure bias” 

The guy had 3 touchdowns in the 3 games he played before getting hurt. He was very productive before getting hurt. Wild to think he’s about to get surgery on a toe injury just “to get out of playing football” according to your delusional logic. Unfortunately he has become injury prone at this stage in his career.

But hey congrats on your Raiders getting their cheeks clapped against the Saints last week. Was cool to see the Raiders finally cross midfield on the final possession of the game. Seems all that money you guys spent on Adams and Waller is paying off this year 😂

3 touchdowns in 3 games doesn’t matter. He was eventually going to milk the first injury he experienced so he can sit out all year long and still collect checks (you get paid when you’re injured). 

Thoughts on my roster? 12 man, Full PPR. 2 flex, 2 WR, 2 RB

QB - Dak Prescott | Kirk Cousins

RB - Saquan Barkley | Kenneth Walker | AJ Dillon

RB - Christian McCaffrey | Raheem Mostert

WR - Michael Pittman | Courtland Sutton | Jameson Williams (IR)

WR - Tyler Lockett | Gabe Davis | Julio Jones

TE - Kyle Pitts

K - Ryan Succop 

DST - Philadelphia 

15 hours ago, BayRaider said:

3 touchdowns in 3 games doesn’t matter. He was eventually going to milk the first injury he experienced so he can sit out all year long and still collect checks (you get paid when you’re injured). 

Since you are putting me on blast almost 2 months after saying I still think Michael Thomas would be a high end WR this year (which he at least was very productive prior to his injury). Found some absolute gems in this thread that you must have forgotten about 😂

On 5/16/2022 at 5:52 PM, BayRaider said:

Both of these teams are beast mode, especially the first one. Seems we are high on a lot of the same players. I’m really high on Trey Lance, Breece Hall, Skyy Moore, Elijah Mitchell at their current ADP’s, tremendous value. 

On 5/24/2022 at 7:10 PM, BayRaider said:

I would gamble on Bateman, especially for the stacking purposes. I just did Lamar/Bateman in my most recent league. 

I really do like Mooney and Aiyuk this year as well though. Not a big fan of Davis, St. Brown, and JuJu. 

On 5/25/2022 at 10:53 PM, BayRaider said:

I’m not touching St. Brown this year… Chark and Jameson are very good WR’s. And I’d rather have Chark (14th Round) and Jameson (10th Round) over St. Brown in the 5th/6th… just way better value.

On 6/14/2022 at 3:54 PM, BayRaider said:

Pulled the trigger on Bobby Trees

On 6/21/2022 at 4:49 PM, BayRaider said:

I love Harris in Drafters where there is no playoff format, just total points. But in other leagues he faces Baltimore in Week 17 which is RB Deadzone, and Najee was terrible against the Ravens last year. Overall though, I could see Harris finishing as RB1. 

On 6/23/2022 at 6:14 PM, BayRaider said:

My premium TE of choice has been Kittle in the 4th Round. You look at all these grand prize winners in Full Point PPR and most had a TE selected in the Top 4 Rounds. In Half PPR, most didn’t. 

I think Kittle is gonna have a monster year. and Kelce/Andrews too rich draft capital for me. 

I don’t always select a premium TE (A Top 6 Ranked TE: Kelce, Andrews, Pitts, Waller, Kittle, Schultz) but I do like 70% of the time.

On 7/25/2022 at 8:35 PM, BayRaider said:

Lawrence, Lance, Fields, Mac, Daniel Jones, Carson Wentz, Matt Ryan, and Russell Wilson have the juiciest schedules this year. With Zach Wilson, Kyler Murray, and Lamar Jackson having the toughest. 

Russell Wilson plays cakewalk secondary’s almost all season. Wilson/Sutton/Jeudy might win a ton of leagues this year. 

On 7/25/2022 at 8:46 PM, BayRaider said:

Same. Highest QB I go for this year is Wilson in the 7th. 

Allen in the 3rd, Mahomes in the 4th, Lamar/Kyler in the 5th, and Hurts in the 6th are all wayyyyy too rich. 

Trey Lance in the 8th has been one of my main picks as well. Miles better prospect than Hurts and better offensive coaches. Two round discount from Hurts on a way higher potential. Although Lance will be a 6th Rounder by the time it’s Late August, no question. 

Wilson in the 7th is a decent pick. Carr in the 10th is a decent pick. 

Lance in the 8th, Lawrence in the 12th, Fields in the 11th, Matt Ryan in the 13th, Mac Jones in the 15th are all fantastic value picks with big upside. Also Carson Wentz in the 18th Round right now in deep leagues… Wentz will beat that ADP no question. 

On 7/29/2022 at 4:39 AM, BayRaider said:

Hurts was QB6 last year in fantasy on almost ALL rushing.... Lance has more rushing upside than Hurts (way more explosive), and has more passing upside than Hurts. Hurts was always a project QB that would likely never work out as a passer. Lance easily has passing upside. Even if Lance fails at passing (he won't), his rushing upside alone will finish as a Top 12 Fantasy QB. And if he hits his passing upside, Top 3-5. 

I'm confident Lance/Kittle/Aiyuk can be league winners this year at their ADP's currently. Deebo is too rich and likely slightly regresses. He's not a "bad" 2nd round pick by any means, but certainly not going to be a league winner. 

On 7/29/2022 at 4:46 PM, BayRaider said:

Also, when I say stuff like Lawrence and Treadwell are friends, stuff like this does matter. When it was reported Staff and Kupp were having breakfast everyday together and developing a very strong friendship, sharps started drafting Kupp in droves. 

Another personal relationship to look out for is Lance/Aiyuk. Working out everyday together in the off season and great friends. 

Aiyuk has that crazy potential to pop off a 1300 yard 9 TD season, Lance/Aiyuk stack could pay off greatly. 

On 7/30/2022 at 2:35 AM, BayRaider said:

I have a lot of Russell Wilson/Courtland Sutton/Tim Patrick/Skyy Moore/Ronald Jones rosters. That game just screams shootout to me. 

The most stacked Week 17 game is Bengals/Bills but I don’t think it will be as high scoring as people think. Plus the pieces of those offenses are way too expensive. 

On 8/4/2022 at 4:07 PM, BayRaider said:

I have zero shares of Saquan this year out of 40+ drafts. I will not draft Giants with Daniel Jones as QB. He is so bad. 

On 8/5/2022 at 11:55 AM, BayRaider said:

I think the WR to own in KC is Skyy Moore. He goes 2-3 rounds later. He’ll start slower but he should post up 1k a yards this year and have a great season. 

On 8/10/2022 at 5:15 PM, BayRaider said:

In 50+ drafts, I have Hall on like 15 teams and Etienne on zero. I always thought Robinson was coming back Week 1 (which no one thought, and I was correct on) and that Etienne isn’t as good of a prospect he’s hyped up to be. Plus the way he runs is asking for another season ending injury. 

On 8/19/2022 at 3:48 PM, BayRaider said:

I have so many shares of Lance as my QB1 and Lawrence as my QB2, if they take off, a lot of my teams are golden. Obviously, for stacking purposes, I have a lot of Aiyuk, Kittle, Kirk, and Engram. I think Engram is going to ball this year. When looking for sleeper TE’s, you want to look for a TE who can be #2 in the team in target share, and that can definitely be Engram. 

Also have a ton of Russell Wilson shares as QB1. Along with stacking Sutton and/or Jeudy with him. I even have a lot of Sutton shares without Wilson. Think he really takes off this year. 

On 8/20/2022 at 5:36 PM, BayRaider said:

Complete fades, zero shares in 99 drafts from May through August: Treylon Burks, JuJu, Dalvin Cook, Barkley, AJ Brown, Travis Etienne Jr, DJ Moore, Chris Godwin, Michael Thomas, Russell Gage. 

- Hated Burks in the draft. Bust written all over him. 

- JuJu sucks. I mean, he’s average I guess. He might do well the first six games or so, but Skyy Moore will emerge at some point. 

- Vikings will pass a lot more this year and Cook always gets injured anyways. 

- DJ Moore will burn you again. He always does. Stop falling for it. 

- Not sold on Etienne. He is the receiving back. Robinson will still get 55% of the carries on the ground. I have a lot of Robinson. 

- Godwin will miss time, and largely overrated. 

- Will Michael Thomas return and be effective? I have serious doubts. 

- Barkley, not only is he injury prone, I don’t trust ANYONE on the Giants offense. Jones is a terrible QB and so is Tyrod. At least on other teams like the Jags and Jets, guys like Lawrence and Wilson have potential. We know who Jones is. Everyone is gonna stack the box vs Barkley. The only Giant player I own 5-6 shares of is Kadarius Toney. Don’t let Daboll hiring fool you, this offense is going to be terrible. 

- AJ Brown in the second round is way too rich for me… Hurts is not a a passing QB with no passing upside. At least with Trey Lance, he does have huge passing upside to go with his rushing. I have a few Devonta Smith shares in the 7th Round because he’s cheap, but I am not spending a 2nd or 3rd Round pick on an Eagles WR. 

On 8/20/2022 at 6:11 PM, BayRaider said:

AJ Brown is going to need 1200+ yards and 9 TD’s to payoff his current price tag. I just don’t see it. 

On 8/20/2022 at 8:01 PM, BayRaider said:

I won't share any of my recent drafts until the season starts, but I'll share one I like from May. One of my first drafts. This is a $125 buy in with a 9,000 user pool, bestball, and full point PPR. TE Premium, 1.5 pts per reception to TE, so TE's go much quicker. Winner gets $200,000. 

Picked at the turn

QB's:

(3)

Trey Lance (8) (Now goes in the 6th)

Justin Fields (12) 

Baker Mayfield (18)

RB's:

(6)

D'Andre Swift (1)

Aaron Jones (2)

Raashad Penny (10) (now goes in the 8th)

James Robinson (14)

Mark Ingram (16)

Isiah Pacheco (19) (first one in the tournament to draft him) (now goes in the 11th round)

WR's:

(9)

Hollywood Brown (3)

Terry McLaurin (4)

Darnell Mooney (5) (Stacked with Justin Fields)

Brandon Aiyuk (7) (Stacked with Trey Lance)

Tyler Lockett (9)

Jakobi Meyers (13)

Corey Davis (15)

Velus Jones Jr. (17) (Stacked with Justin Fields)

Calvin Austin III (20)

TE's:

(2)

Dawson Knox (6)

Noah Fant (11)

Hoping my early takes on Pacheco, Penny, and Lance payoff. The reason I picked Penny is he faces the worst run defense in the NFL in Week 17 vs the Jets. But there's always a chance Walker starts that game. But Jones and Swift also have good Week 17 matchups. All my RB's outside of Ingram have sexy Week 17 Matchups. 

I'm definitely worried about my TE's, usually I go with an Elite TE. I have Kittle in a ton of leagues. Hoping Allen targets Knox a ton this year. Knox also faces one of the worst TE defenses in the NFL in Week 17 in the Bengals. 

On 8/21/2022 at 5:31 PM, BayRaider said:

One of my more favorite drafts I did in August:

DraftKings $25 Full PPR BestBall Grand Prize $200,000

Pick #8

QB’s:

(2)

Russell Wilson (7)

Trevor Lawrence (12)

RB’s: 

(6)

Najee Harris (1)

Aaron Jones (2)

Kareem Hunt (9)

Rachaad White (11)

Darrel Williams (17)

Kenyan Drake (18)

WR’s:

(9)

Courtland Sutton (3)

Jerry Jeudy (4)

Rashod Bateman (6)

Skyy Moore (8)

Robert Woods (10)

Michael Gallup (13)

Christian Watson (14)

Marvin Jones Jr. (16)

Amari Rodgers (20)

TE’s:

Darren Waller (5)

Evan Engram (15)

Greg Dulcich (19)

Have the triple stack with Russell Wilson in Sutton/Jeudy/Dulcich. Easily a league winner if the Broncos passing offense is Top 5. Also have the Week 17 correlation with Wilson/Jeudy/Sutton/Dulcich/Skyy Moore. So if I make it to Week 17 (extremely hard) and that Chief/Broncos is a shootout, I’ll have a great shot at the 200k. 

On 8/23/2022 at 3:42 PM, BayRaider said:

I’m fine with taking a QB in the 5th or later. But Allen/Mahomes are a nope for me this year, going in the 3rd and 4th. 

Lance in the 8th and Wilson in the 7th have been my most drafted QB’s this year. I also have a lot of Murray in the 6th .

On 8/25/2022 at 3:23 AM, BayRaider said:

I would take either if they fell to the 24-25 turn, but they don’t fall that far often. 

For the most part, I have faded both, but not completely faded. Out of 105ish drafts, I owned like 4 Tyreek Hill’s and 7 Deebo Samuel’s.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Tommy_C said:

JT officially OUT this week. Man this dude has fallen from graces... Worst #1 Pick in fantasy in recent memory thats for sure

At least when CMC was #1 he produced before getting injured. JT had 1 GREAT game, week 1. Then fell to earth hard. 

I’m glad I went with CMC #1 OA instead of JT, I sat and thought about it for a bit too. I remember selecting CMC and thinking “I already regret not taking JT” but looks like it worked out.