Fantasy Football 2022 General Discussion

NYRaider

5 hours ago, Dr LBC said:

They're OL looks like hot garbage right now (Indy's); Ryan's historically a pocket passer so I don't necessarily blame Reich for seeing what the more mobile Ehlinger can do, but the Colts offense looks like they're in late-Ben Steelers mode.  For that reason I still like Taylor in PPR formats - if he can get the targets/workload that bloated Najee up last season - but yeah, I wouldn't be opposed to dealing him and I have a hard time trust any Indy WR right now.

I thought about this after I said I may sit Taylor and I think you're right. I think this could actually help Taylor. May lean on the run game more and definitely bay end up leading to more check downs

Ok so Dynasty talk

I'm 1-6 in a SF 10 Team Dynasty League. I've been hit by the injury bug pretty hard, Trey Lance, Javontae Williams, Treylon Burks etc. 

I have a pretty good and young core group of players including, Joe Burrow, Tee Higgins, Drake London, Jerry Jeudy, Rhamondre Stevenson, Tony Pollard... to name a few. I also traded Allen Lazard and Khalil Herbert for a 2023 1st round pick. 

As of now I have the #1 and the #6 pick in next years draft (obv a lot can change in the next 10 weeks.)

I'm debating on grabbing Ehlinger for my swing Qb or potential QB2 (behind Mariota and Tannehill) ... How much FAB should I throw at Ehlinger - right now I have $27 down for him and dropping Justice Hill.

21 minutes ago, Forge said:

ETN or JT21 ROS?

That’s very hard for me. But I’d probably lean ETN slightly over JT and I can’t believe I’m saying that. It’s ETNs backfield and like a rookie 5th round draft pick? JT still has Hines and Jackson around to poach a few touches from him. I don’t have advance stats but I’d guess the Jags OL is better than the Colts OL this year. What’s the schedule look like for them? 

1 hour ago, mattyice0401 said:

That’s very hard for me. But I’d probably lean ETN slightly over JT and I can’t believe I’m saying that. It’s ETNs backfield and like a rookie 5th round draft pick? JT still has Hines and Jackson around to poach a few touches from him. I don’t have advance stats but I’d guess the Jags OL is better than the Colts OL this year. What’s the schedule look like for them? 

I don't think that there is a significant advantage one way or the other schedule wise. ETN has a rough matchup this week that I wouldn't really want to play him (Denver) and has a rough first round play off game against Dallas, but Taylor gets Dallas in week 13 and Philly in week 11. NE in week 9 and Pitt in week 12 are potential not great matchups, but they aren't scary right now. 

Honestly, this is very, very close for me. part of the problem is that I just don't trust Reich at all, and I have no idea what to do with the QB change. 

2 hours ago, Forge said:

ETN or JT21 ROS?

Don’t overthink this one. Jonathan Taylor and it’s not particularly close.

Regarding the QB change I could see them implementing a lot of read option plays to cater to Ehlinger’s athleticism. This in some ways might even help open things up for Taylor.

Edited by tyler735

15 minutes ago, tyler735 said:

Don’t overthink this one. Jonathan Taylor and it’s not particularly close.

Regarding the QB change I could see them implementing a lot of read option plays to cater to Ehlinger’s athleticism. This in some ways might even help open things up for Taylor.

I've come around some on this being a positive for JT, though I've moved off of Pittman. 

I do think ETN could be a league winner now though

6 minutes ago, Forge said:

I've come around some on this being a positive for JT, though I've moved off of Pittman. 

Yeah I think anyone that had any stock in Indy receivers is going to have a rough time going forward, but I think JT will be the one sustainable piece on that offense ROS.

Yeah anyone who had that Etienne and Robinson handcuff this season is probably jumping for joy this week. Etienne has definitely been looking good as of late.

23 minutes ago, Forge said:

I dont want to move off of Pittman just yet but I've been fortunate enough to have 4 good WRs, and I can only play 3. 

Right now my starters look like
QB - Burrow
WR - Lamb
WR - Waddle
RB - Saquan
RB - K. Walker / MIles Sanders
TE - Waller / G. Everett
FLEX - Olave / Pittman

I mentioned this before last weeks game on here, but I think D’onta Foreman might be a steal ROS. He’s had a strange career arc with an achilles injury his rookie year that set him back a few years. Prior to the injury he looked like he was on his way to being a good NFL RB. It appears he has his explosive ability back, which was what made him such an intriguing RB coming out of college with his rare size/speed combo.

Dating back to last season where Foreman filled in for Derrick Henry when he missed time with an injury, in his past 7 starts (or games with extensive playtime), he has 600 yards rushing, averaging 4.8 ypc, and 3 touchdowns. He also has 4 games with 100+ rushing yards in that 7 game stretch. In other words, he may have finally just gotten the break he needed to land a starting RB job with a team after McCaffrey was traded. At 26 years old with limited wear and tear, he could be a quality RB for Carolina going forward the next 3-4 seasons. 

Pick him up if available in your leagues.

Edited by tyler735