Fantasy Football 2022 General Discussion

NYRaider

1 minute ago, squire12 said:

Allen is a big question mark with his recent injury.  not sure I would be counting on him as a #2

Its an upside play for me. Allen Lazard has outproduced McLaurin pretty much every week.

I don't even play Etienne. If Keenan is good that pretty much 15+ points a week. 

On 10/9/2022 at 3:39 PM, Rich7sena said:

You do realize Penny has ripped off multiple long runs this season--including this week--and rushed for 150 and 2 touchdowns just last week. I only ask because of your radio silence since last Sunday.

Even with Walkers run today, Penny has undoubtedly looked like the more explosive and better player in Seattle's backfield.

*pats self on the back*

Sutton or Keenan Allen ROS? 

Gus Edwards or Keenan Allen ROS ? 

This is a PPR league. Guy wants to get rid of Allen, and these are the two pieces I would contemplating moving for him. I Feel like Edwards for Allen may be worth while in a ppr league. That said, Allen's hamstring is a major concern. Didn't play at all in the second half yesterday. Don't know if he re-aggravated it or if it was just a playing time issue. 

On 10/20/2022 at 10:16 AM, Sllim Pickens said:

I think Moore will be ok as a WR3/4.  He is getting the targets and at some point that has to turn into production.  If Darnold starts playing, then his connection with Moore should give him a significant boost as he was a solid WR2/3 last year without TD production.  If you can grab Moore for cheap, I would do it.   I think his upside is significantly higher than guys like ARob, Cooks, etc. 

Yeah, I just dropped Michael Gallup for him, largely due to upcoming matchup and because Mike Williams is now injured (and at minimum on bye this next week).  I still don't trust any of the Carolina QB's from what I've seen, so that's going to cap Moore's ceiling as a low-end WR2 for me, but he's still the best red-zone option Carolina has with CMC gone (Laviska, if they ever figure out how to use him, has value, but his likelihood to score is greater on long plays from outside the 20).  As - when everyone is healthy - my WR4 (though realistically my WR3 because Sutton is fading FAAAAAST), I'm more than happy to trot him out.  I have considerable doubt that Carolina will deal Moore, but if he is dealt it's almost assuredly to a winning team (which at this point almost has to translate to: "healthy OL"), so he's a fair flier for a fantasy playoff boom sleeper.

54 minutes ago, Forge said:

Sutton or Keenan Allen ROS? 

Gus Edwards or Keenan Allen ROS ? 

This is a PPR league. Guy wants to get rid of Allen, and these are the two pieces I would contemplating moving for him. I Feel like Edwards for Allen may be worth while in a ppr league. That said, Allen's hamstring is a major concern. Didn't play at all in the second half yesterday. Don't know if he re-aggravated it or if it was just a playing time issue. 

Sutton has been pretty productive with Wilson in PPR formats. Gus might be the RB1 now but when JK returns hell get some play as well. Id rather trade Gus for Allen than Sutton for Allen. But it all depends on RB depth. 

On 10/23/2022 at 7:21 AM, tyler735 said:

Isiah Pacheco named Chiefs starter at RB this week. Grab him if you can.

"Starter" for the Chiefs, in terms of fantasy, is an in-name-only type of thing.  It's pretty much always been a multi-headed monster under Andy in the post-Charles era - and despite how godly Jamaal was a times, one has to wonder if he would have gotten quite the lion's share that he did if they'd had Mahomes and not Alex Smith under center.  The value at RB on the Chiefs, at least the dependable one, is always going to be in whoever has the hold on the red-zone detail - i.e. the guy that get the cheeky push-"passes" from Mahomes for scores; Andy typically rides whoever the hot hand is on a given week in terms of receiving snaps/touches and Pacheco, this past week despite being named "starter" only saw a 30% share of snaps to McKinnon's 44%.

9 minutes ago, Tommy_C said:

Sutton has been pretty productive with Wilson in PPR formats. Gus might be the RB1 now but when JK returns hell get some play as well. Id rather trade Gus for Allen than Sutton for Allen. But it all depends on RB depth. 

Worth noting, Dobbins just had arthroscropic surgery on his knee; he's out at least another 4 weeks, potentially 6 or more.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Dr LBC said:

Worth noting, Dobbins just had arthroscropic surgery on his knee; he's out at least another 4 weeks, potentially 6 or more.

True, I figured he would be out 4 weeks and be eased in for the next week or 2 after that. That would be around week 13-14, and playoffs. 

41 minutes ago, Dr LBC said:

The thing is...I feel like that statline for Edwards is pretty much what I would expect, minus the TDs. If He's getting 6 for 75 with no catches and no touchdowns, he's not a viable starter. Right now he's my RB5 (Taylor / Saquon / Kamara / Mostert ahead of him). 

I feel like there's at least some real upside to Keenan Allen to be a WR2 *if* he's actually healthy