Fantasy Football 2022 General Discussion

NYRaider

I'm 8-3 (1st place) in my main league but just lost Kyle Pitts. With Jameson Williams coming off or IR, I'm going to move him into a roster slot and if things go as planned I'm going to pick up Juwan Johnson and Darren Waller (as a stash) off waivers. My only other roster concern ROS is if I should roll with McPherson or pick up Maher, Succop, Meyers, or Butker. I know kicking is random but I got screwed last year by the Cowboys kicker only scoring one point in the fantasy championship. 

QB - Dak Prescott

RB - Saquan Barkley | Kenneth Walker | Gus Edwards

RB - Christian McCaffrey | AJ Dillon

WR - Davante Adams | Courtland Sutton | Jameson Williams

WR - Tyler Lockett | Gabe Davis | Christian Watson

TE - Juwan Johnson | Darren Waller (IR)

K - Evan McPherson 

DST - Eagles 

Edited by NYRaider

Well, that was a rollercoaster!

Made the call late Saturday night to run the risk of going with a WR in my money league and picking up Jimmy G to cover for Tua on the bye.  Sunday I afternoon I get the notification that Mike WIlliams was going to start, so I slot him in and actually had a full roster.  Then Williams re-injures the ankle and goes out of the game.  Then Toney's frozen rubberband hamstrings act up again and he's out of the game - and I get 0's from both.  So I went into MNF needing 3 scores from Jimmy in order to have a shot at the win in my Big Money league, which would clinch a playoff berth for me.  It felt dirty as sin cheering for the Niners, @Forge, but when Kittle broke away for that last TD I may have audibly cheered.

Also waited around till the clock hit midnight to drop Jimmy and pick up Rachad White.  So now I sit with playoffs clinched:

QB: Tua Tagovailoa
RB: Joe Mixon
RB: Aaron Jones
WR: Ja'Marr Chase
WR: DeAndre Hopkins
TE: Dalton Schultz
WR/TE: Mike Williams
WR/RB: Josh Jacobs
K: Daniel Carlson
D/ST: Dallas

BN: Cordarelle Patterson
BN: Rachad White
BN: Kadarius Toney

• Like 3

12 hours ago, NYRaider said:

I'm 8-3 (1st place) in my main league but just lost Kyle Pitts. With Jameson Williams coming off or IR, I'm going to move him into a roster slot and if things go as planned I'm going to pick up Juwan Johnson and Darren Waller (as a stash) off waivers. My only other roster concern ROS is if I should roll with McPherson or pick up Maher, Succop, Meyers, or Butker. I know kicking is random but I got screwed last year by the Cowboys kicker only scoring one point in the fantasy championship. 

QB - Dak Prescott

RB - Saquan Barkley | Kenneth Walker | Gus Edwards

RB - Christian McCaffrey | AJ Dillon

WR - Davante Adams | Courtland Sutton | Jameson Williams

WR - Tyler Lockett | Gabe Davis | Christian Watson

TE - Juwan Johnson | Darren Waller (IR)

K - Evan McPherson 

DST - Eagles 

I would go with a kicker who plays on a good offense. Like Butker or Maher because they're likely to be in FG range more often. And if its a case where the offense goes off and they only kick EXP's then so be it. 

1 hour ago, Tommy_C said:

I would go with a kicker who plays on a good offense. Like Butker or Maher because they're likely to be in FG range more often. And if its a case where the offense goes off and they only kick EXP's then so be it. 

Yeah I’m probably going with Succop or Maher. Succop has the best fantasy football playoff schedule and the Bucs have had issues finishing drives. IIRC he’s leading the league in FGM/FGA this year.

• Like 1

Lamar Jackson needs some damn help man. Kenyan Drake and Demarcus Robinson both failed to make the Raiders roster and they're currently the Ravens starting RB and WR1. In games that Bateman played Lamar averaged 26 ppg and in games without him he's averaging 16 ppg. 

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

Lamar Jackson needs some damn help man. Kenyan Drake and Demarcus Robinson both failed to make the Raiders roster and they're currently the Ravens starting RB and WR1. In games that Bateman played Lamar averaged 26 ppg and in games without him he's averaging 16 ppg. 

Welcome to the life of a highly paid QB.  The supporting cast resources gets squeezed as the QB makes consumes more of the salary cap

41 minutes ago, squire12 said:

Welcome to the life of a highly paid QB.  The supporting cast resources gets squeezed as the QB makes consumes more of the salary cap

He hasn't even gotten paid yet though. They've just had bad luck with Dobbins/Bateman both getting hurt. 

13 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

He hasn't even gotten paid yet though. They've just had bad luck with Dobbins/Bateman both getting hurt. 

Not huge money, but the increase is still going to put a squeeze on resources 

2021 cap charge $3.013M

202 cap charge $23.016M

14 hours ago, Dr LBC said:

Well, that was a rollercoaster!

Made the call late Saturday night to run the risk of going with a WR in my money league and picking up Jimmy G to cover for Tua on the bye.  Sunday I afternoon I get the notification that Mike WIlliams was going to start, so I slot him in and actually had a full roster.  Then Williams re-injures the ankle and goes out of the game.  Then Toney's frozen rubberband hamstrings act up again and he's out of the game - and I get 0's from both.  So I went into MNF needing 3 scores from Jimmy in order to have a shot at the win in my Big Money league, which would clinch a playoff berth for me.  It felt dirty as sin cheering for the Niners, @Forge, but when Kittle broke away for that last TD I may have audibly cheered.

Also waited around till the clock hit midnight to drop Jimmy and pick up Rachad White.  So now I sit with playoffs clinched:

QB: Tua Tagovailoa
RB: Joe Mixon
RB: Aaron Jones
WR: Ja'Marr Chase
WR: DeAndre Hopkins
TE: Dalton Schultz
WR/TE: Mike Williams
WR/RB: Josh Jacobs
K: Daniel Carlson
D/ST: Dallas

BN: Cordarelle Patterson
BN: Rachad White
BN: Kadarius Toney

You built a monster team. If Mike Williams/Jamar Chase are healthy to close the season you should coast to a fantasy championship.

Top 6 WR's in terms of receptions and their fantasy points in PPR: 

Tyreek Hill (81 receptions, 222.3 points) 

Stefon Diggs (76 receptions, 227.3 points)

Cooper Kupp (75 receptions, 201.4 points)

Justin Jefferson (72 receptions, 215.5 points)

Michael Pittman (67 receptions, 138.8 points)

Davante Adams (64 receptions, 216.4 points)