The 2023 Draft Thread - We're picking #7

RaidersAreOne

15 minutes ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

Don’t know why they’re comparing them? Cam was a national championship college quarterback. Richardson couldn’t even win 10 games in his whole college career.

Richardson super you by and only a sophomore. He could have easily came back as a 21 year old Jr and dominated. We won’t know, so that’s why there’s a risk. Cam spent more time in college so his resume is more longer. Richardson flashed in college, has all the elite traits. What sold me, he’s not a knucklehead. Combine traits, ability, and the desire= greatness 

33 minutes ago, massraider said:

Gruden/Mayock? 😉

I hope they keep all 12 picks, or wind up trading some for picks next year. with this many picks, double up at positions of need.

When we had all those picks for Mack and Cooper, we should have traded for next year picks, which would have been a round higher, and built up a stockpile of additional picks for the next few years.

This year though, I think we should use most of the picks to trade up and secure the targets we’re going after.  If there’s extra picks then yeah trade them for next year picks, but I imagine it would only be round 5-7 picks.

1 hour ago, Humble_Beast said:

Richardson super you by and only a sophomore. He could have easily came back as a 21 year old Jr and dominated. We won’t know, so that’s why there’s a risk. Cam spent more time in college so his resume is more longer. Richardson flashed in college, has all the elite traits. What sold me, he’s not a knucklehead. Combine traits, ability, and the desire= greatness 

When you watch Richardson’s tape it’s clear the offense doesn’t get WRs open like Tennessee did for Hooker.  That offense just seems like it’s hard to look good in.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

When you watch Richardson’s tape it’s clear the offense doesn’t get WRs open like Tennessee did for Hooker.  That offense just seems like it’s hard to look good in.

Would he hit them if they were open, I mean his accuracy isn't the best.

• Like 1

The Patrick Graham mock draft. After a trade down adding picks.

I think all these guys fit what he likes on defense obviously fill needs too.

Deonte Banks/ Porter jr

Felix Anudike

Jack Campbell

Siaki Ika

I can see both Butlers, Nichols and Tillery all competing for 3t and adding Ika with Ferrell and Jenkins at NT

Edited by raidr4life

2 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

Humble_Beast wrote:

we had a QB who made good reads, and was accurate.. People complained like women about him. So now those people can get what they want, a big flashy QB who has a 4.4. Let the people get what they want so they can see how good they had it. Careful what you wish for.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

Exactly I like Haener in round 5 over Hooker in round 3. I actually like Haener more as a prospect. I’m drafting a potential starting QB in round 5 if I have a chance, wouldn’t be mad in the 4th either. 

bXj4yAi.png

5 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Washington is tailor made for this offense. Extra tackle who can catch passes. He'd be a huge get. 

Next year, I will move mountains to draft Bowers speaking of Georgia TEs. 

If we draft Washington, I will forget about losing Waller immediately.

• Like 3

How do you gauge this exactly as draft picks need time to develop?

Personally, I think if they come out of the draft with 3 day one starters with their top 100 picks, it will be a success. Or 2 and a QB. Anything after 100 should be looked at as developmental. 

What does outright failure look like?

This is exactly why having several late round picks that we can package is important.

8 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

If we draft Washington, I will forget about losing Waller immediately.

Washington is tailor made for this offense. Extra tackle who can catch passes. He'd be a huge get. 

Next year, I will move mountains to draft Bowers speaking of Georgia TEs. 

szNj0Iu.png

• Like 2

2 hours ago, raidr4life said:

Would he hit them if they were open, I mean his accuracy isn't the best.

The really good thing about an Anthony Richardson missing an easy 6 yard slant, is the next play he can scramble around for 6 seconds, and launch a bomb to a wide open WR who finally broke coverage. 

Other QBs cannot do that, so they have to have a 70% completion percentage. 

This is what's happening already in the NFL. Accuracy is preferred, but not as important as it used to be.