Ryan Poles general evaluation and opinions

JAF-N72EX

40 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

I wouldn’t say they have all sucked…have they been good on every snap? No…but you get what you pay for…most of these guys got back up money and will be just that next season.

Pringle-ghost

Patrick-Bad

Muhammad-Pylon and blocking better players.

Morrow-meh, we could play Sanborn to make a bunch of tackles 10 yards downfield 

Jones-solid rotational backup

I have been super unimpressed.

45 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

Pringle-ghost

Patrick-Bad

Can we please all stop this nonsense that if a player is injured, he is automatically bad? It's such a poor take and makes zero sense...Pringles grade is incomplete...

Patrick has been asked to play a position that is clearly not his best...I want to see him at centre before giving him a proper grade but I will agree he has been bad at OG...

Morrow hasn't been great but for me he isn't a fit in this scheme at MLB...

Muhammad has been the biggest disappointment for me...

I think Jones has been solid and worth the money...

The point is the highest cap hit amongst all these guys is $4.6 million & that is Jones...the next $3.5 million...like I said it is clear we paid back up money and we are getting what we paid for.

The best ability is availability. Until Pringle produces it is a bad signing in a results based business.

My biggest issue with the Pringle sighing is that we didn’t add anyone else who could play. We put all the WR eggs in one basket.

How do you sign Pringle and then literally sign a bunch of 5s and draft a super raw punt returner? How do you not add at least another real WR?

Edited by WindyCity

49 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

Can we please all stop this nonsense that if a player is injured, he is automatically bad? It's such a poor take and makes zero sense...Pringles grade is incomplete...

Patrick has been asked to play a position that is clearly not his best...I want to see him at centre before giving him a proper grade but I will agree he has been bad at OG...

The point is the highest cap hit amongst all these guys is $4.6 million & that is Jones...the next $3.5 million...like I said it is clear we paid back up money and we are getting what we paid for.

Jones is the one guy for me that has been worth his money.

Patrick has played a ton of OG there is no reason for him to be this guy a pylon. He has to be the biggest disappointment, he was being relied on to hold down a spot.

1 hour ago, Madmike90 said:

Reid didn't want Pringle and then he did jack s*** before injury. It was a bad signing

Just now, beardown3231 said:

Reid didn't want Pringle and then he did jack s*** before injury. It was a bad signing

You have zero idea of Reid wanted Pringle or not...ton of things go into where a free agent lands...and what opportunity did he have to do anything before getting hurt? Pringle isn't a guy I would be going out my way to resign in the offseason but I am not about to say he is a bad signing or player before he has even played significant snaps.

28 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

You have zero idea of Reid wanted Pringle or not...ton of things go into where a free agent lands...and what opportunity did he have to do anything before getting hurt? Pringle isn't a guy I would be going out my way to resign in the offseason but I am not about to say he is a bad signing or player before he has even played significant snaps.

If Reid wanted Pringle, don't you think he would be in KC for 4 million?

Just now, beardown3231 said:

If it was purely about money then sure...however if Reid was telling him he was the 4th/5th option in the passing game and he was being told he would be the #2 guy here then maybe the guy wanted to back himself and try to open himself up to a far bigger deal down the road...maybe he just wanted out of KC as a city...maybe he had something bigger lined up and it fell through...we will never know any of this sort of thing...bottom line is he came here and has had next to zero opportunity to play because of injury...we still have no idea what he could be for this team...like I said I don't see him as a starter next year...I am not even sold he is on the roster because the strategy will change but again no one sucks just because they are hurt.

7 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

Gotta agree here. They could have had Pringle for cheap but chose Juju and MVS AFTER already choosing not to come to terms with Pringle. Only way they didn't come to terms if Reid wanted him would be if Pringle REALLY overestimated his value on the market. Which is possible, but having one year where you catch more than 1 TD and 200 yards in a season isn't exactly going to make you a premier option. 

Maybe he and Roquan have the same agent? 😅

• Like 1

3 hours ago, WindyCity said:

Pringle-ghost

Patrick-Bad

You wrote a post about me not understanding the cap that I didnt even respond to....haha

Do these moves look like somebody who had cap space? smh

Why would Poles WANT to be bad this year? None these moves were impressive to begin with....just a bunch of cheap guys.

10 hours ago, MonserinNC said:

You wrote a post about me not understanding the cap that I didnt even respond to....haha

Why would Poles WANT to be bad this year? None these moves were impressive to begin with....just a bunch of cheap guys.

That's literally what he wanted

On 10/22/2022 at 8:35 PM, MonserinNC said:

We had the cap space for Ogunjobi…

We had the cap space to do more… that is just a mathematical fact.

Our GM/HC chose to sign “their guys” for cheaper and it was a disaster.

1 hour ago, MonserinNC said:

So your theory is that Pace has plenty of cap room now, and is tanking for a non-QB....in his first year of evaluation

No, I think he went with cheaper free agents they knew because he thought they would be solid players. 

That way he didn’t have to commit a bunch of future money.

The plan backfired when all the guys they signed were bad.

I don’t think Poles expected or planned to be this bad… he missed on a bunch of evaluations.

8 hours ago, MonserinNC said:

So your theory is that Pace has plenty of cap room now, and is tanking for a non-QB....in his first year of evaluation

I think he realized this roster sucked and he knows he needs premium picks and cap space to fix it & the only way out was to suck for a year or two. He didn't have to field the worst OL and WR group possible in the mean time though

Because if your theory is Poles did his absolute best to win this year, oooof it's going to be a long 3-4 years

Edited by beardown3231
  • Like 1