Ryan Poles general evaluation and opinions

JAF-N72EX

1 hour ago, topwop1 said:

Maybe not one team offered anything for him considering his contract 

It's not like we have confirmation from any sources that Poles turned down a trade for Quinn

People are just speculating here that Poles fudged up with out any proof but Bears fans are kind of ridiculous so it's not surprising 

Rapaport said teams were interested in the offseason. That is the closest thing we have to hard data.

The report from this week was that the Bears didn’t want to trade him in the offseason.

Again, based on reports that looks like a mistake.

I’ve seen the Eagles suggested as a possible landing spot for Quinn…they love DL…clearly are one of the better teams trying to win now and have plenty of capital to make it happen…also have an OL like Jack Driscoll who I would be interested in given he has always played well any time he has been called on at guard or OT for them.

9 hours ago, topwop1 said:

Maybe not one team offered anything for him considering his contract 

It's not like we have confirmation from any sources that Poles turned down a trade for Quinn

People are just speculating here that Poles fudged up with out any proof but Bears fans are kind of ridiculous so it's not surprising 

To a degree that's not true 

5 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

I’ve seen the Eagles suggested as a possible landing spot for Quinn…they love DL…clearly are one of the better teams trying to win now and have plenty of capital to make it happen…also have an OL like Jack Driscoll who I would be interested in given he has always played well any time he has been called on at guard or OT for them.

Driscoll is playing with Lane Johnson concussed.

I would tale Andre Dillard if they are willing to move him. We need to get another option in at LT.

16 hours ago, WindyCity said:

Rapaport said teams were interested in the offseason. That is the closest thing we have to hard data.

The report from this week was that the Bears didn’t want to trade him in the offseason.

Again, based on reports that looks like a mistake.

Rapaport also said that Bears were looking to ship off Tevin Jenkins and considering he has been one of our best OL I find that very hard to believe

• Like 1

8 hours ago, beardown3231 said:

To a degree that's not true 

Teams might have been interested but if they didn't offer anything worthy then it's not something that we need to speculate this hard about

If a team offered a good enough pick for Quinn then I'm fairly confident  he'd be gone already 

20 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

Rapaport also said that Bears were looking to ship off Tevin Jenkins and considering he has been one of our best OL I find that very hard to believe

my guess it that it's other teams saying that to rap to try and potentially get him out of there

i'd be curious if the jets are done with Elijah Moore. i know he's still young, but he has barely been getting any snaps lately. Saleh came from SF where they loved their DL. I would see if a Quinn for Moore trade could be made.

Quinn on a DL with Williams, Lawson, and Johnson could help keep the jets competitive even more, and NYJ has the cap space

5 hours ago, WindyCity said:

Driscoll is playing with Lane Johnson concussed.

I would tale Andre Dillard if they are willing to move him. We need to get another option in at LT.

I actually have Dillard as a signing in my mock to give Jones competition in year two but I don’t want to flat out replace the kid…getting some inside help is even more important right now IMO as Driscoll could come in and play guard moving Patrick to centre which should help both positions…Dillard is limited to LT only.

Honestly at this point I'm trying to deal Robert Quinn, AND Roquan Smith somewhere right now.  Roquan has had exactly 1 game this year where he looks like he belongs in this defense.... and there's no way he's justified being paid how much he thinks he's worth.

I'd add, that if Monty isn't getting extended he needs to get sent packing too (though I'd be more than fine with keeping him so long as he only wants a reasonable amount)

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

I actually have Dillard as a signing in my mock to give Jones competition in year two but I don’t want to flat out replace the kid…getting some inside help is even more important right now IMO as Driscoll could come in and play guard moving Patrick to centre which should help both positions…Dillard is limited to LT only.

They need to look at replacing Jones this week. 

Driscoll won’t be on the block he is their primary backup at multiple spots.

Dillard can compete next week.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Epyon said:

Honestly at this point I'm trying to deal Robert Quinn, AND Roquan Smith somewhere right now.  Roquan has had exactly 1 game this year where he looks like he belongs in this defense.... and there's no way he's justified being paid how much he thinks he's worth.

I'd add, that if Monty isn't getting extended he needs to get sent packing too (though I'd be more than fine with keeping him so long as he only wants a reasonable amount)

I'd also add Eddie Jackson to the list. Unfortunate that he's turned his career around when the Bears decide to rebuild.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Epyon said:

I'm wondering what he can get. This is a pretty damn good FA class atm. He isn't a top 5 back in the class. Honestly I'd like to see Hunt in a Bears uniform. He has less miles than his age would indicate and his receiving ability is damn good. Fields needs a safety blanket and Hunt could be that for sure. 

I am working on a Mock right now and have has brining in 20 new players next offseason to get us to being competitive...I thought that was alot so I went and checked of the current roster how many guys are in their first year here...the answer? 15 on offence...18 on defence...1 on special teams...with that turnover no wonder things aren't close to clicking even before we talk about how some of these guys flat out lack talent...Pace really did leave us in a bad way and Poles is cleaning up the mess right now.