Ryan Poles general evaluation and opinions

JAF-N72EX

5 hours ago, JAF-N72EX said:

Been saying it from jump. Poles wants to get rid of everyone who isn't "his guy" even if it means making the team worse.

I said this same thing!! Why did he get rid of the whole DL?? Nichols and Hicks easily could play in a 4-3...especially if the plan was just replace them with Justin Jones. I agreed with getting rid of Mack but not just for nothing.

I sort of dont get why we got rid of Allen Robinson either, he is a vet but he's not like, owed being on a contender type vet. He is just a solid #1.

And Lucas Patrick sucks....that was just a misfire...he had that story about Rodgers encouraging him when he was undrafted but thats Rodgers, and he was fighting to stay in the league.....now he is injured, playing with a 2nd year QB, and got his contract. 

Im just hoping "his guys" look a little beterr when he has full draft picks and pretty much all dead money off the books

43 minutes ago, MonserinNC said:

I said this same thing!! Why did he get rid of the whole DL?? Nichols and Hicks easily could play in a 4-3...especially if the plan was just replace them with Justin Jones. I agreed with getting rid of Mack but not just for nothing.

I sort of dont get why we got rid of Allen Robinson either, he is a vet but he's not like, owed being on a contender type vet. He is just a solid #1.

And Lucas Patrick sucks....that was just a misfire...he had that story about Rodgers encouraging him when he was undrafted but thats Rodgers, and he was fighting to stay in the league.....now he is injured, playing with a 2nd year QB, and got his contract. 

Im just hoping "his guys" look a little beterr when he has full draft picks and pretty much all dead money off the books

I  fully understood Poles releasing Hicks.  His contract wasn't worth it. He's a great locker room guy and a great player when he's healthy but he's aging and his best days are behind him.

I also don't put A-Rob on Poles either. Arob was gone regardless. He made up his mind (and talked about it). That was on Pace/Nagy. They screwed him over for 2 years straight.

Lucas Patrick was a good signing by Poles IMO. Would he be better off playing guard than Center? His past history as a guard with no experience as a center says yes. But I also hated Roberto Garza as a guard too and I DEF hated it when we gave him an extension and he turned out to be the best center we had since Olin.

Edited by JAF-N72EX

10 hours ago, HuskieBear said:

doesn't matter how long the term, just the AAV. the deadline is normally october/november. best example is when we cut mike davis in the middle a few years back because we weren't using him and we ended up getting our expected 4th rounder back (that we then traded for foles, but thats another issue)

We didn't get a 4th round back for Mike Davis.  We got a 4th round back for losing Adrian Amos because he was paid a top-10 salary and played 99.8% of snaps for GB. Releasing Mike Davis made the equation work because a team has to lose more staff/players to free agency than they gained by players defined as CFA (Compensatory Free Agents) which is determined by pay scale and snaps, and when we released Mike Davis he had played 71 snaps for the Bears (or 11.7%).  At the time we were at an even 4 player loss to 4 player gain ratio so releasing Davis made it so the Bears lost 4 players (Davis, Callahan, Bellamy, and Amos) and only gained 3 others (Skrine, Patterson, and HHCD).  We got a comp for the highest lost because of Amos' top-5 pay scale and snaps played for another team out weighed what we lost.

This wouldn't be anything like this year because our losses to gain is only 4 to 5 and nobody we lost is getting paid top-10. 

4 Losses: A-Rob, James Daniels, Bilal Nichols, Andy Dalton

5 Gains: AQM, Lucas Patrick, Justin Jones, Pringle, Morrow.

What constitutes as a CFA is listed under appendix 5 of the CBA which you can read on page 399:

We would need to release 2 guys designated as CFAs to gain anything at all and the most we would be looking at is a 7th round comp. 

Edited by JAF-N72EX

1 minute ago, JAF-N72EX said:

We didn't get a 4th round back for Mike Davis.  We got a 4th round back for losing Adrian Amos because he was paid a top-10 salary and played 99.8% of snaps for GB. Releasing Mike Davis made the equation work because a team has to lose more staff/players to free agency than they gained by players defined as CFA (Compensatory Free Agents) which is determined by pay scale and snaps, and when we released Mike Davis he had played 71 snaps for the Bears (or 11.7%).  At the time we were at an even 4 player loss to 4 player gain ratio so releasing Davis made it so the Bears lost 4 players (Davis, Callahan, Bellamy, and Amos) and only gained 3 others (Skrine, Patterson, and HHCD).  We got a comp for the highest lost because of Amos' top-5 pay scale and snaps played for another team out weighed what we lost.

This wouldn't be anything like this year because our losses to gain is only 4 to 5 and nobody we lost is getting paid top-10. 

What constitutes as a CFA is listed under appendix 5 of the CBA which you can read on page 399:

We would have to release 2 free agents who make qualifying money, before they play enough snaps to qualify to open up the Robinson pick… which as you stated is unrealistic. 

We can’t even cut Pringle while he is hurt.

• Like 1

I'll also add that Pringle can't be released right now because he's on IR--which means he has sit for a minimum of 4 games.

He can't be traded unless we designate him as an expected IR AND he is actually healthy enough to pass a physical for another team and we pay him the balance of his remaining contract before his release. This scenario wouldn't make any sense at all to me.  If Pringle was healthy enough to pass a physical then he's healthy enough to play. And if the FO isn't playing him over Pettis and ISM when he is healthy then that's a HUGE problem. I'm obviously not a big fan of this staff so far but I don't think that's the case here at all. I think Pringle is legit injured which makes him ineligible for release.

Now, because he's listed as a designated returnee (which counts 1 against the 8 allowed by team per year) he can be released when he gets back after his minimum 4 game absence.  I'm not a fan of Pringle AT ALL, but lets be real here, Pringle is probably better than the majority of any WR we have on the depth chart right now outside of Mooney.

I would rather see Fields get a chance with a healthy Mooney, Pringle, and Velus (with practice snaps just to see what he can do) than get a lonely 7th round pick.

Edited by JAF-N72EX

10 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

Pringle-Miss

Patrick-Miss

Morrow-Miss

Muhammed-Miss

Jones-Solid

I know he didn’t spend big money, but of our 5 biggest signings… you could cut 4 of them tomorrow and not notice.

I really did have high hopes for Patrick. I saw him as an ascending player and valued his veteran label among a young group.

11 hours ago, JAF-N72EX said:

We would need to release 2 guys designated as CFAs to gain anything at all and the most we would be looking at is a 7th round comp. 

i know we didn't get one FOR losing davis, i said we got the "expected" 4th rounder BACK BECAUSE we cut davis. and i mentioned cutting pringle and AQM, which would be two guys cut that affect the formula, which i know is unrealistic becauase pringle is on IR and AQM is on a 2 year deal

and like windy said, we wouldn't be getting the expected 7th round pick, but the expected 3rd round pick for Robinson. 

pringle has 3 targets, 2 catches, 33 yards in 3 games

AQM has 3 solo tackles and 9 assisted tackles in 4 games

if it were possible, i would cut those two guys and get a 3rd round pick and fill in those "stats" with literally anyone off the street. again, i know it's not possible, but crap this is annoying. hopefully just first year GM learning on the job

Hackett and Getsy are cut from the same cloth and both are terrible play callers and are terrible at developing players so far.

If Hackett is making a future HOF QB look like he is declining to this extent, with a much better OL and WR core, then what chance does Fields have with Getsy?

I'm seeing players on the Broncos suddenly declining under Hackett like I am with Getsy. Why does Wilson suddenly look like he forgot how to play football?  Why does Garrett Boles suddenly look so bad at tackle after Munchek left?

It's the same questions I have asked myself about every single offensive player on our team so far.  Why has Fields looked worse now than he did in college and last year?  Why does Whitehair look worse now than he did last year?  Why does Borom look like worse now than he did last year? Why does Kmet look worse now than he did last year?  Why does Mooney look worse than he did last year?

Hell, the only player who seems to be progressing is the ONLY player they seem to hate the most and that's Jenkins.

Edited by JAF-N72EX

2 hours ago, JAF-N72EX said:

Hackett and Getsy are cut from the same cloth and both are terrible play callers and are terrible at developing players so far.

If Hackett is making a future HOF QB look like he is declining to this extent, with a much better OL and WR core, then what chance does Fields have with Getsy?

I'm seeing players on the Broncos suddenly declining under Hackett like I am with Getsy. Why does Wilson suddenly look like he forgot how to play football?  Why does Garrett Boles suddenly look so bad at tackle after Munchek left?

It's the same questions I have asked myself about every single offensive player on our team so far.  Why has Fields looked worse now than he did in college and last year?  Why does Whitehair look worse now than he did last year?  Why does Borom look like worse now than he did last year? Why does Kmet look worse now than he did last year?  Why does Mooney look worse than he did last year?

Hell, the only player who seems to be progressing is the ONLY player they seem to hate the most and that's Jenkins.

Agreed, this is concerning to see both of them doing so poorly. The arrow is not pointing up.